Despite fan outcry, Mets don't need Manny fix

JetNation

They need to upgrade somewhere. I don't think Manny's gonna happen but he should be on the Mets.

Fernando Martinez hit a pitch hit, game winning home run today in Caribbean Series, if that makes you feel any better. The game was on MLB Network, pretty big shot.

Mets fans are asking their team to chase Manny Ramirez. The team isn't listening and good for them, Danny Knobler says, because New York has been too busy this offseason addressing the true reason it missed the playoffs.

I'm surprised they have no interest in Adam Dunn.

Manny is very interesting not only for the Mets but the Yankees as well.

The one thing the Yankees have lacked the past 3-4 years is a guy that when the game is on the line isn't going to whiff or hit into a 5-4-3.

Manny just friggin does not care what the situation is. Give him a bat and let him loose.

Obviously his baggage and what he is looking for in terms of a contract has scared alot of teams off.

I think when all is said is done he is back with the Dodgers. He has no shot at 4 years but maybe 2 years with a club option for a third get the job done.

I personally think the Mets need Manny's bat. Without it the are betting there season on Delgado.

http://www.nypost.com/seven/02042009/sports/mets/mets_insist_ramirez_not_flushing_bound_153504.htm

there's a link saying that the mets are DONE spending "big" this offseason. i have to say, i for one am fu*king sick and tired of the owners and management of this fu*king joke of a franchise. i'm seriously contemplating not even rooting for these damn chokers anymore. that's how fed up i am of this sh*t team. i mean, wtf, they won't even talk to the guy? we don't have a real LF on the team and one of the best hitting LF ever is sitting there, just waiting, and they won't even talk to him. instead they feel "ready to go into spring training with this team. what a damned joke. delgado will suck again this year. he's old and his bat is slowing. yeah he got hot last year, but he's going to become the black hole he was for 1 1/2 years, and it's going to be right in the middle of our lineup. i'm just sick and tired of the management of this team not doing all they can to field the best team possible. instead they're content to just skate by and almost contend year after year and then bless us with epic collapses. fu*k this team........i'd rather root for the fu*kin devil rays.

The Mets are rolling the dice with the second half last year with Delgado to repeat and to expect Tatis to be as good as last year. I am definitely concerned with the hitting in the lineup.

mets lineup will suck this year.....and i hope that freakin retard minaya gets canned and the wilpons commit suicide. fu*kin pieces of sh*t the whole lot of them. i'm not even gonna waste my time rooting for these losers this year. rooting for them is just rooting for the "coupons" to put money in their pocket while their **** team collapses yet again.

Eesh man... Like EY said, even if he's somewhat "outside of your limits" on spending for the year the guy will make up his cost in jersey sales alone. Think of how big the Dominican fan base if now, and how passionate they are and then oh, say throw on one of the greatest Dominican players ever on the team. I'm sure with Manny more games are won, the more winning there is, the more people in seats, keep winning, more money in the playoffs, etc.

The Mets are rolling the dice with the second half last year with Delgado to repeat and to expect Tatis to be as good as last year. I am definitely concerned with the hitting in the lineup.

You and I both know what happens when somebody ASSumes things. They better be ASSuming correctly or it's going to be a long season.

mets lineup will suck this year.....and i hope that freakin retard minaya gets canned and the wilpons commit suicide. fu*kin pieces of sh*t the whole lot of them. i'm not even gonna waste my time rooting for these losers this year. rooting for them is just rooting for the "coupons" to put money in their pocket while their **** team collapses yet again.

But how do you REALLY feel ND ? :P

Delgado will be fine. Now we need to hope we get the pre concussion Church and Murphy and Tatis repeat their seasons. I think if Abreu or Dunn were RH we would sign one of them. The pen will make a huge difference. KRod puts guys on base which may alarm some fans but he works his way out. With a good pen last year we woud have ran away with the division.

There's still time for Omar to change his mind on adding a bat.

Despite stupid articles like these, the Mets DO need Manny if they want to win more than 85 games.

I'll take that bet.;)

Seriously how many NL line-ups are better than the Mets as it stands now?

Phillies, Brewers......maybe the Cubs and Cards are in the conversation?

Our SP staff should be good enough and the pen may be top 3 in the NL.

If they signed Manny, they would make their money back in Jersey sales in no time.

Investment wise, the guy is worth the money.

his Jersey would be the best selling jersey in MLB if he went to the Mets. The only team that would probably sell more.....the Yankees...

Mets needed Doubleday to buy out Wilpon, not the other way around....

But how do you REALLY feel ND ? :P

it's just the same **** year in and year out with this team. a number of years back we need a right fielder. vlad's available and who do we wind up getting? i can't even remember but i wanna say it was jeromy burnitz. see what i mean. a guy like vlad is just there for us to fill the biggest need on our team and we end up with some sh*tstain like jeromy burnitz.

it's just the same **** year in and year out with this team. a number of years back we need a right fielder. vlad's available and who do we wind up getting? i can't even remember but i wanna say it was jeromy burnitz. see what i mean. a guy like vlad is just there for us to fill the biggest need on our team and we end up with some sh*tstain like jeromy burnitz.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/teams/NYM/2004.shtml

Richard Hidalgo- 81 games

Karim Garcia- 44 games

Garcia was opening day starter in RF.

:rl:

Recall Minaya traded Bannister for this fine citizen. Manny is a relative boy scout.Delgado is a year older,and probably more likely to resemble the player he was the 1st half rather than the 2nd. In whihc cas their lineup is pretty huritng.

Free on bail in murder case, N.Y. Mets

http://www.baseball-reference.com/teams/NYM/2004.shtml

Richard Hidalgo- 81 games

Karim Garcia- 44 games

Garcia was opening day starter in RF.

:rl:

thats right....garcia. it's even worse than i thought. i forgot that loser was even on our team. man i hate our management. sad part is i don't even think they tried to get vlad. and what did i go and do? i made my poor son a mets fan. i should just tell him now that the mets suck and the organization is 3rd rate...maybe he'll pick another team to like.

Archived