Socks Up or Socks Down?

The Gun Of Bavaria

Socks up looks tremendously more basebally... Also, it seems to reflect on the attitude and demeanor of the player -- up-sockers just seem to play with more "heart."

If I were running the Yankees I would institute a socks-up rule.

Socks up.

This isn't a business meeting, where suits and ties are expected. Socks up.

Exactly.

Socks up just looks like baseball. Curtis Granderson & Brandon Inge wear theirs up and they're easily, the 2 hardest playing members of the Tigers. Unfortunately, the socks cannot help Inge hit the baseball, but....

Socks up is the way to go.

CurtisGranderson13.jpg

See, and if you wore them UP you would probably be in AAA right now.

no socks up to say "hey im trying to stand out because i have no actual skills i just wanna look like a baseball player" i ball out no matter what socks up or down... i only put my socks up when im in a slump to try something different to snap out my funk..

plus if your going to wear them up they should be just above your ankles not all jacked up to your knees like A-fraud or Granderson they look like Ballerinas :P

Up, definitely. The pajama bottom look is just another sign of the dumbing down of our culture. Gotta make everything look casual to show we don't give a ****.

What I'd really like to see is a return of the stirrup socks that ballplayers wore when I was a kid.

The best ballerina to ever play the game...

baberuthatbatkx8.jpg

... Don't worry: It's okay to be pwn3d sometimes.

i dont know about the Best player but he is one of the best HITTERS.. Babe couldnt play the field all that great plus he started out as a pitcher

Up, definitely. The pajama bottom look is just another sign of the dumbing down of our culture. Gotta make everything look casual to show we don't give a ****.

What I'd really like to see is a return of the stirrup socks that ballplayers wore when I was a kid.

i agree i like the stirrup look wayyy better then the solid socks i wish the yankees would of never switched over

i dont know about the Best player but he is one of the best HITTERS.. Babe couldnt play the field all that great plus he started out as a pitcher

Umm... exactly... He was a lefty pitcher (and a GOOD lefty pitcher) who could hit a ton as well.

i agree i like the stirrup look wayyy better then the solid socks i wish the yankees would of never switched over

Nah. Solid socks, worn up like Babe Ruth... That looks like baseball.

Archived