TV Land Mafia Game Thread

Doggin94it

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'd like to be more active, but my job as of late has prevented me from having constant access to a computer. Voting to lynch someone due to inactivity is pretty lame. :yawn:

Nobody likes it, but it's preferable to a random lynch which is what we are up against 24 hours from now.. I'd love to reach consensus but that doesn't seem to be happenning...

My posts are few, but chock full of awesome.

You should vote for the highest post-counts. If you have to talk too much, you have something to hide or explain away.

Vote for CTM...

BS. Mafia very often post little to avoid suspicion and not slip up. Further, as a townie, getting people to talk and reveal info is the key to tracking down who the actual scum are. If every one played like you you might as well call the game darts and just throw a dart against the dart board to pick who to lynch.

As I said prior, you are off the mark and I'm half tempted to pull a total newb manuever and vote myself off just to prove you wrong sooner rather then later.

What do you call two Mexicans playing basketball?

Juan on Juan.

Nobody likes it, but it's preferable to a random lynch which is what we are up against 24 hours from now.. I'd love to reach consensus but that doesn't seem to be happenning...

BS. Mafia very often post little to avoid suspicion and not slip up. Further, as a townie, getting people to talk and reveal info is the key to tracking down who the actual scum are. If every one played like you you might as well call the game darts and just throw a dart against the dart board to pick who to lynch.

As I said prior, you are off the mark and I'm half tempted to pull a total newb manuever and vote myself off just to prove you wrong sooner rather then later.

Juan on Juan.

Thor. Vote Thor.

Chan, you've played this game before (and played it well, I might add). Almost every first lynching is a random lynching (albeit somewhat more informed than completely random). It looks like it WILL be random because the voting thus far has been fairly even amongst the top three vote-getters, so I don't see how it's really any different than a town-based lynching. Yes, the odds are a townie or day role will be lynched, regrettably, but that doesn't mean that scum can't be lynched (curse those handsome devils!!).

Juan on Juan.

I love how CTM is the only one who argues against voting for CTM. Suspicious? yes.

I love how CTM is the only one who argues against voting for CTM. Suspicious? yes.

So the lack of evidence for team play is suspicious to you? Okie-Dokie

You guys are ****ing idiots.

For why?

What's the difference between a woman with PMS and a Pitt Bull?

Lipstick

So the lack of evidence for team play is suspicious to you? Okie-Dokie

For why?

What's the difference between a woman with PMS and a Pitt Bull?

Lipstick

Voting for Thor.

My points are clear, and if there was even a chance I thought I was wrong, would I be working so hard to align myself with someone that's mafia.

Do what you want, if this is the town I'm a part of, then it probably deserves to go down.

Voting for Thor.

My points are clear, and if there was even a chance I thought I was wrong, would I be working so hard to align myself with someone that's mafia.

Do what you want, if this is the town I'm a part of, then it probably deserves to go down.

I'm not voting thor... misplaced anger brah...

Patient: Doctor! Doctor! Everyone keeps on copying me!

Doctor: Doctor! Doctor! Everyone keeps on copying me!

For all of those people so adamant against voting Thor, you have to consider the options right now. Time is running out and the only realistic conclusions we can come to in time for the deadline are:

1) Vote to lynch Thor

2) Vote to lynch JVoR

3) Let Doggin do a random lynching

I think we can all agree that #3 is bad news. Sure it could work out to be our benefit if the random name comes up mafia, but it just as easily could be someone with a townie power role or a top contributor to the game. Besides that, without us going through the process of making a voting decision, we will have essentially entirely wasted day one and given ourselves little to work with on day two.

But it seems like some people aren't trying to work towards reaching one of these conclusions, but rather delay into a random kill and I don't get that at all. For example, EY, you seem to be absolutely certain about how wrong it would be to lynch Thor and without even getting into the implications of that which have already been discussed, wouldn't you then think it would be in the best interest to lynch someone else? The most likely candidate for that would be JVoR, but with the deadline approaching, you've got the sole vote on Woody. Now is it that you don't want people to lynch Thor and are just waiting it out for the random lynch to come across?

And same question goes to those of you who have yet to vote. Why not? If its about a potential Thor power role, then he's still in danger, as is EVERY player, including every power role player, of getting lynched. There's more bad than good that can come from a random lynch. At this point, its time to make a decision or have one made for us by doggin. I'm just not sure what possible good could come from allowing a random lynch. Considering its one of the most basic elements of mafia, we can bet on a nightkill coming tonight and kicking things off with a random lynch probably isn't the way to go.

For all of those people so adamant against voting Thor, you have to consider the options right now. Time is running out and the only realistic conclusions we can come to in time for the deadline are:

1) Vote to lynch Thor

2) Vote to lynch JVoR

3) Let Doggin do a random lynching

I think we can all agree that #3 is bad news. Sure it could work out to be our benefit if the random name comes up mafia, but it just as easily could be someone with a townie power role or a top contributor to the game. Besides that, without us going through the process of making a voting decision, we will have essentially entirely wasted day one and given ourselves little to work with on day two.

But it seems like some people aren't trying to work towards reaching one of these conclusions, but rather delay into a random kill and I don't get that at all. For example, EY, you seem to be absolutely certain about how wrong it would be to lynch Thor and without even getting into the implications of that which have already been discussed, wouldn't you then think it would be in the best interest to lynch someone else? The most likely candidate for that would be JVoR, but with the deadline approaching, you've got the sole vote on Woody. Now is it that you don't want people to lynch Thor and are just waiting it out for the random lynch to come across?

And same question goes to those of you who have yet to vote. Why not? If its about a potential Thor power role, then he's still in danger, as is EVERY player, including every power role player, of getting lynched. There's more bad than good that can come from a random lynch. At this point, its time to make a decision or have one made for us by doggin. I'm just not sure what possible good could come from allowing a random lynch. Considering its one of the most basic elements of mafia, we can bet on a nightkill coming tonight and kicking things off with a random lynch probably isn't the way to go.

Vicious agrees with everything you said. Seems there are random votes that will do nothing and we need to make a decision. Thor has offered very little defense, Vicious says vote for him.

I really don't understand what I've done to garner all of these votes. There are people far more suspicious than I. JVoR among them. There are also several people who are obviously lying low, using the old "I have a life" excuse. That doesn't seem to stop them from posting in other threads.

This is my first time playing this game, does anyone honestly believe that I'm cunning enough to create this entire 'character ruse'? Those of you who know me know that I'm ****ing retarded, and I couldn't think my way out of a paper bag.

Bleedin, at this point it's in doggin hands I think. I don't have a good sense of anything and it's unlikely that our non contributors are going to be here to defend themselves in the next 5 hours. What happens if we speed wagon someone and they have a power role? They don't even get a chance to defend..

My preferred lynch would be War Ensemble, but I can't advocate him strongly and fpor fear that he could flip as the cop.

I will vote Jvor because he atleast never alluded to having a power role

Where does the one legged waitress work?

The Ihop

If you vote Thor, you immediately have information on whether EY has been telling us the truth. Thor comes in late, is one of the last to manifest himself in a "day action" gimmick, and has not really put much of a defense. If he's a role bearing individual, get him to 8 votes and tell him to defend himself and we'll actually get info out of him.

If you vote Thor, you immediately have information on whether EY has been telling us the truth. Thor comes in late, is one of the last to manifest himself in a "day action" gimmick, and has not really put much of a defense. If he's a role bearing individual, get him to 8 votes and tell him to defend himself and we'll actually get info out of him.

The only problem with the idea that it gives us info about EY is that knowing whether or not EY was telling the truth actually doesn't tell us much. If EY turns out to be right maybe it means he just figured it out himself, maybe it means he has a power role, or maybe all it means is he's mafia, therefore knows who the innocents are and is trying to play us all so that when Thor flips innocent, people may start listening to / following him.

CTM (2) - Uart, War Ensemble

WoodyPaige (1) - EY

Its my opinion that these 3 guys need to come to some sort of decision between JVoR and Thor. At this point, these votes are a waste and with Thor now 2 votes away from lynch and JVoR 3, these guys easily have the power to allow us to make our own decision before doggin makes it for us.

But just to be clear, by doing that what you're essentially doing is voting for a random lynch, which just as easily could end up being you as anyone else.

I have to agree here. CTM is still high on my list, but the more productive vote for the town is either me or Thor. We have 7 votes on Thor, get him to 8 and allow him to defend himself.

Random lynch is bad as it basically is a lynch with no information involved in the decision making. And most likely, a townie will get lynched due to the odds.

I echo your thoughts about EY as well, if he's convinced that Thor is innocent, i'm the next logical vote. EY is experienced, and he knows this fact. A 3rd party vote at this point is a vote for random lynch.

The only problem with the idea that it gives us info about EY is that knowing whether or not EY was telling the truth actually doesn't tell us much. If EY turns out to be right maybe it means he just figured it out himself, maybe it means he has a power role, or maybe all it means is he's mafia, therefore knows who the innocents are and is trying to play us all so that when Thor flips innocent, people may start listening to / following him.

Why make the 100 percent innocent on two guys claim? Why go out on the limb and make Thor his buddy? He's clearly perpetuating that he's either a Mason or Mafia. Unless Doggin put in a new day investigation clause, there is no way you know anything for sure in this game.

Archived