TV Land Mafia Game Thread

Doggin94it

DD here's Vicious's theory:

- If he could become mafia he'd have knowledge of the townies and mafia

- If he by "becoming mafia" all it means is he comes up mafia to other mafia members then you'd have to assume his sole contact was lil mick who was "framing" him. You'd also have to assume he doesn't know who the other townies are. So what's the purpose of his role?

- If he knew who townies are as mafia knows the townies, then he knowingly killed WE.

- Lastly you'd have to assume that the night lil mick dies was the first time he was mafia

It's not necessarily true that he would have knowledge of the townies and mafia. From what I understand, he simply "absorbs" a role each day/night, and comes up as that role if investigated by a cop. If he absorbs a mafia role, he doesn't actually get any mafia powers, he simply comes up as mafia if he's investigated.

The thing that's throwing me off is the PM from Lil Mick. How would Lil Mick know that JT absorbed a mafia role for that day? Was it against the rules for Lil Mick to PM JT?

In a typical mafia game, the mafia does not know townie roles. All they know is who is a townie based on process of elimination.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's not necessarily true that he would have knowledge of the townies and mafia. From what I understand, he simply "absorbs" a role each day/night, and comes up as that role if investigated by a cop. If he absorbs a mafia role, he doesn't actually get any mafia powers, he simply comes up as mafia if he's investigated.

The thing that's throwing me off is the PM from Lil Mick. How would Lil Mick know that JT absorbed a mafia role for that day? Was it against the rules for Lil Mick to PM JT?

In a typical mafia game, the mafia does not know townie roles. All they know is who is a townie based on process of elimination.

That's the thing. If you became mafia, the mafia would have to know, if they didn't then Lil Mick figured on dumb luck?? Vicious loves the guy but that'd be some HELL of a setup, one that vicious doesn't think he's capable of. On top of that you'd have to also think that Lil Mick was the ONLY member of the mafia to PM JT. It's just not plausible enough.

I didn't know anyone in the mafia. What sense would that make in the grand scheme of the game? If I knew who the mafia was, I could tell everyone "Hey, LilMick is mafia, lets lynch him." That'd make the game end pretty quickly, yes? The mafia was told I was one of them - whether or not they knew it was for a night/day, I don't know - but I had no idea who any of them were until LilMick PM'd me and said that he was in the mafia, cast the last vote to lynch him. Why? The only reason I can come up with is that he wanted me viewed as a piggy-backer and eventually be lynched, eliminating the need to worry about having to night kill me. Savvy?

That's the thing. If you became mafia, the mafia would have to know, if they didn't then Lil Mick figured on dumb luck?? Vicious loves the guy but that'd be some HELL of a setup, one that vicious doesn't think he's capable of. On top of that you'd have to also think that Lil Mick was the ONLY member of the mafia to PM JT. It's just not plausible enough.

There is definitely something strange going on. I just want some more answers before we pull another War Ensemble. JT needs to come clean, he's on the chocking block, and if he stays in muddied waters, he's gone.

I didn't know anyone in the mafia. What sense would that make in the grand scheme of the game? If I knew who the mafia was, I could tell everyone "Hey, LilMick is mafia, lets lynch him." That'd make the game end pretty quickly, yes? The mafia was told I was one of them - whether or not they knew it was for a night/day, I don't know - but I had no idea who any of them were until LilMick PM'd me and said that he was in the mafia, cast the last vote to lynch him. Why? The only reason I can come up with is that he wanted me viewed as a piggy-backer and eventually be lynched, eliminating the need to worry about having to night kill me. Savvy?

How would the mafia know that you absorbed a mafia role? You don't get any mafia powers, it's only temporary, you don't get to see who is in the mafia, etc. So what would be the point of Doggin letting the mafia know that you "absorbed" mafia status?

Savvy Jack Sparrow, but you're telling us that is the one and only PM you received? If they knew you as a piggy backer why didn't they off you the first chance they had? If we have a doctor that protected you that doctor needs to come forward in the best interests of the town and say if you were protected or not. If no one is willing to come forwards on your accord then Vicious thinks it will say a lot.

How would the mafia know that you absorbed a mafia role? You don't get any mafia powers, it's only temporary, you don't get to see who is in the mafia, etc. So what would be the point of Doggin letting the mafia know that you "absorbed" mafia status?

Presumably to let me know that I shouldn't vote for one of them in a lynching, however, that kinda backfired when LilMick was one vote away from being lynched and told me to vote form.

There were two reasons I voted for War Ensemble:

1) He said he had the ability to kill one person (I didn't believe the "one" part) and hadn't used it yet (didn't believe that either).

2) Someone night-killed had the top of their head chopped right off. Seeing how we're all television characters, I put these two together and came up with Syler, the serial killer from "Heroes," who kills by telekinetically saws the top of peoples heads off. And since I'm a character from "Heroes," - Syler's opposite, as it were - why couldn't there be another?

Presumably to let me know that I shouldn't vote for one of them in a lynching, however, that kinda backfired when LilMick was one vote away from being lynched and told me to vote form.

There were two reasons I voted for War Ensemble:

1) He said he had the ability to kill one person (I didn't believe the "one" part) and hadn't used it yet (didn't believe that either).

2) Someone night-killed had the top of their head chopped right off. Seeing how we're all television characters, I put these two together and came up with Syler, the serial killer from "Heroes," who kills by telekinetically saws the top of peoples heads off. And since I'm a character from "Heroes," - Syler's opposite, as it were - why couldn't there be another?

Huh? Doggin PM'ed the mafia to let them know you were a powerless, temporary mafia so you wouldn't vote for one of them in a lynching? How does that make any sense?

I still see no need whatsoever for Doggin to let the mafia know your status.

Why would Lil Mick give himself up to you for what basically amounts to no reason?

As far as I'm concerned, the only people mafia should be PM'ing are other mafia...doesn't look good for you.

About WE....ok, Syler...i picked up on that too, but how does that show that WE is Syler. It could be anybody. So your reason for voting for him was basically that you didn't believe him. Fair enough, but why not give him a chance to prove himself when he clearly said he was willing to do so?

Huh? Doggin PM'ed the mafia to let them know you were a powerless, temporary mafia so you wouldn't vote for one of them in a lynching? How does that make any sense?

Why would Lil Mick give himself up to you for what basically amounts to no reason?

As far as I'm concerned, the only people mafia should be PM'ing are other mafia...doesn't look good for you.

About WE....ok, Syler...i picked up on that too, but how does that show that WE is Syler. It could be anybody. So your reason for voting for him was basically that you didn't believe him. Fair enough, but why not give him a chance to prove himself when he clearly said he was willing to do so?

That is the main crux to what Vicious can't let go of.

A) Doggin let the mafia know "you have a new powerless member"

B) Doggin said nothing, but the mafia happened to figure out the one night that he's a piggy backer and had one person contact him once to tell him to drop the ax on him in order to set you up.

Vicious saw the Sylar thing as well, but as DD said, WE was willing to prove himself but you decided to end it before he had a shot. Townies are clearly willing to give you a shot. JB and Vicious spoke at great lengths after removing votes, and now DD has removed his vote in order to talk more. Almost every lynch has had an opportunity to explain themselves prior to the end, except WE, someone who was clearly a powerful townie.

I can't assume that Doggin told the mafia I was only temporarily in their ranks. For all they knew I'd come up as mafia if investigated, but couldn't decide who to night-kill with them.

I think LilMick's role reveal sealed his fate. Cripes, I was all ready to vote for him when he told me to anyway.

Vicious - as to your piggy-backing point, I don't think I'm a lynch piggy-backer, but the LilMick made me appear that way.

ps - To answer your "why the Hell is JT so active today" thoughts, I'm working from home today. And I'm still in my pjs and completely bed-headed. Awesome.

That is the main crux to what Vicious can't let go of.

A) Doggin let the mafia know "you have a new powerless member"

B) Doggin said nothing, but the mafia happened to figure out the one night that he's a piggy backer and had one person contact him once to tell him to drop the ax on him in order to set you up.

Vicious saw the Sylar thing as well, but as DD said, WE was willing to prove himself but you decided to end it before he had a shot. Townies are clearly willing to give you a shot. JB and Vicious spoke at great lengths after removing votes, and now DD has removed his vote in order to talk more. Almost every lynch has had an opportunity to explain themselves prior to the end, except WE, someone who was clearly a powerful townie.

...who could have night-killed anyone he wanted without an explanation. It's a different role from the mafia, but not completely different.

...who could have night-killed anyone he wanted without an explanation. It's a different role from the mafia, but not completely different.

He also claimed he could kill someone in the day if he wanted to. He could have been an asset if you didn't drop the hammer.

forgot to quote

Who hadn't done that yet and was willing to prove it to us by using his ability. Think of it, he could've killed a mafia, initiated night phase to where our doctor protects him. He would've been a HUGE asset.

Who hadn't done that yet and was willing to prove it to us by using his ability. Think of it, he could've killed a mafia, initiated night phase to where our doctor protects him. He would've been a HUGE asset.

If you were waiting for him to prove his ability, why didn't you unvote him?

If you were waiting for him to prove his ability, why didn't you unvote him?

Vicious lives on the west coast. Check Vicious's posts. During the day VERY high, during the night, very low. Why? Vicious has an 11 month old who he hangs out with every night until roughly 8. Vicious then usually logs in for a quick minute to see what is up, then hangs out with the wife and will then log in another time possible if not log in next morning at work. Vicious asked what the vote count was at, then logged off, by the time Vicious logged back in, the deed was done. Vicious was much quicker to unvote you to prevent the same error.

I never voted for him so no kettle here.

I know you didn't. I was saying that there were several other people besides me who did vote for him and didn't feel the need to unvote him.

I gotcha, Vicious. Family first, always (and your little one is adorable...my wife walked by the computer earlier and said "Awwwwww!!"). Been married for a year and a half and the wife is on me about procreating extremely soon. As Rodney Dangerfield said in "Back to School" - "The best thing about kids is making them!" ;)

I know you didn't. I was saying that there were several other people besides me who did vote for him and didn't feel the need to unvote him.

I gotcha, Vicious. Family first, always (and your little one is adorable...my wife walked by the computer earlier and said "Awwwwww!!"). Been married for a year and a half and the wife is on me about procreating extremely soon. As Rodney Dangerfield said in "Back to School" - "The best thing about kids is making them!" ;)

It is true. Thanks for the compliments, the cuteness comes from Mom though :)

Vicious, thank you for the opportunity!! So...I'm still alive. I realize I might not have done the best job explaining my role, but I'm "working" (hehe) from home again tomorrow and will have plenty of time to further explain to everyone. That said, I've already laid out a lot of what my role allows me to do (and also what it doesn't) so if anyone needs clarification/more information, fire away and hopefully I'll be able to convince you beyond any doubt so we'll be able to move on and smoke out the remaining mafia.

Archived