TV Land Mafia Game Thread

Doggin94it

Vicious, thank you for the opportunity!! So...I'm still alive. I realize I might not have done the best job explaining my role, but I'm "working" (hehe) from home again tomorrow and will have plenty of time to further explain to everyone. That said, I've already laid out a lot of what my role allows me to do (and also what it doesn't) so if anyone needs clarification/more information, fire away and hopefully I'll be able to convince you beyond any doubt so we'll be able to move on and smoke out the remaining mafia.

The absorbing role let's you see what the mafia is doing correct? Or you just absorb whatever Doggin sends you? Townies included. Here's Vicious proposition:'

You tell us who's ability you've absorbed. If it's a townie tell us who, if that person confirms it's ok to reveal their ability, then you reveal it to us having it confirmed by that player. If it's Mafia then give us a name that way we can research and come to a determination. That's the only way Vicious thinks you avoid the ax.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The absorbing role let's you see what the mafia is doing correct? Or you just absorb whatever Doggin sends you? Townies included. Here's Vicious proposition:'

You tell us who's ability you've absorbed. If it's a townie tell us who, if that person confirms it's ok to reveal their ability, then you reveal it to us having it confirmed by that player. If it's Mafia then give us a name that way we can research and come to a determination. That's the only way Vicious thinks you avoid the ax.

I don't absorb a particular role (i.e., I don't become EY), but rather characteristics of a role (although the first way WOULD have made more sense...lookin' at you, Doggin ;)). Doggin would PM me and say (I'm paraphrasing here) "Tonight and until the next night, you're a doctor. If investigated, you'll show up as a doctor. You may protect one person." You, Vicious, might also be a doctor, but the fact that I'm a doctor for one night/day phase doesn't mean I know your role. And then after the next day phase ended, I'd get another PM telling me my role. For example (again, paraphrasing), "You are mafia. As with your other roles, you don't know who shares your role. If investigated, you will show up as mafia, but because you are unaware of who your 'family' is, you have no night-kill power." Had that last part not been included, I guess I COULD have assumed that I was my own "family" and night-killed someone. It does make sense that I shouldn't know who the mafia was because I could have ratted them out to everyone else and the game would have been over pretty quickly (not really fun that way).

Like I said, I'm working from home today and will be checking in periodically so if anyone else has any questions/needs clarification, I'll be happy to oblige.

FWIW, I was a townie the night JVoR was killed. Had my role been a doctor (and being experienced in this game) I would have protected him in a second.

I still stand by what I said on JT and I think we got very lucky that Vicious was able to pull his vote out in time to avoid the lynch. However, what immediately jumps out is the clear attempt at a virtually unexplained pile-on by Irish and DD. That absolutely reeks of scum. I repeat what I said before that people need to get away from their votes on JT and right now, those 2 are looking like great alternatives.

I still stand by what I said on JT and I think we got very lucky that Vicious was able to pull his vote out in time to avoid the lynch. However, what immediately jumps out is the clear attempt at a virtually unexplained pile-on by Irish and DD. That absolutely reeks of scum. I repeat what I said before that people need to get away from their votes on JT and right now, those 2 are looking like great alternatives.

Guess I've been too busy paying attention to my own situation. What about IJ and DD sticks out to you?

LOL I was the one defending JT for the most part. I just didn't buy that role reveal, if anything it was that which made me suspicious of him. He's explained it in a much clearer way now and for that I'll unvote Jets Things.

As for you BG, well I've been suspicious of you for far too long now. You're experienced at this game so I wouldn't expect you to show many holes.

LOL I was the one defending JT for the most part. I just didn't buy that role reveal, if anything it was that which made me suspicious of him. He's explained it in a much clearer way now and for that I'll unvote Jets Things.

As for you BG, well I've been suspicious of you for far too long now. You're experienced at this game so I wouldn't expect you to show many holes.

Yet there you were flipping on JT and trying to bury him with the last vote. It just so happened Vic unvoted in the nick of time. You say one thing but your actions say something entirely different.

Guess I've been too busy paying attention to my own situation. What about IJ and DD sticks out to you?

Well the most recent item was them casting the 4th and 5th votes on you in a 15 minute time span with next to no explanation after both being "on the fence" not all that much earlier. If not for Vic's quick unvote you'd have just been killed off in no time.

Well the most recent item was them casting the 4th and 5th votes on you in a 15 minute time span with next to no explanation after both being "on the fence" not all that much earlier. If not for Vic's quick unvote you'd have just been killed off in no time.

Piggy-backing will always make you a target, but I'm not going to rely on just that before I vote for IJ or DD. <sigh> Guess I'll go back and read.

Yet there you were flipping on JT and trying to bury him with the last vote. It just so happened Vic unvoted in the nick of time. You say one thing but your actions say something entirely different.

This is ridiculous. You're the same guy who came after me for casting one of the clinching votes for LilMick saying that I was looking to distance myself. Yet this time it's "trying to bury" what at this point looks like an innocent townie. Regardless of who I seem to cast a vote for, you seem to find a problem with it.

You also keep saying I had no explanation. I posted before I voted saying I wasn't convinced, the role reveal left me confused by JT. I know he's played the game before a few times and I wouldn't underestimate his ability to sway us. Once DD voted though I thought I'd clinch and find out. Honestly, if he'd have done a better job explaining originally (The first explanantion left me confused more than anything else) there's no way I would have voted for him.

sorry to intrude.. but if you lived in tampa and the Yanks were playing the Rays in spring training would you be home on JN?? that is all carry on

I'm pretty sure we're not supposed to post here anymore, dude. We're dead. There are no ghosts in Mafia (or are there???)

I know that JB/RJF is supposed to be Dr. Cox, but if I'm JD, isn't Dr. Cox my nemesis?

I really don't like the way that JB has been voting and some of her posts seem kind of sketchy.

No. I'm guessing you don't watch Scrubs? J.D. loves Dr. Cox in a weird mentor/second dad way. Dr. Cox pretends not to hate J.D. but secretly kid of likes and respects him.

So you're just going along with existing votes in order to get SOMEone lynched? Vote: Vicious Not a team player.

Vicious's vote was on you initially but wasn't comfortable with it. Unvoted to see if we could discuss some more amongst other townies but that didnt' happen today so just went with Vicious initial gut instinct. Vicious rather see someone lynched then not.

Archived