TV Land Mafia Game Thread

Doggin94it

that, btw, was the worst fake role reveal of all time, and I can't believe you pulled it off. It helped that Bleedin was convinced that you were a townie, and since people were piling onto him for being on two townie lynches, he must have felt like voting for you would seal his death warrant

But seriously:

1) With 2 obvious doctor types, if you had power absorb, why wouldn't you just absorb their power every night to protect yourself

2) "Mafia for a day" is the most ridiculous concept I've ever heard of, for all the reasons that were pointed out on the thread.

Learn the lesson, people - if someone seems like a lying liar who lies, LYNCH them!

I totally blame myself for trying to get more people to participate. I had it called out dead to rights and felt like I owed the town a chance to voice all of their opinions, and no on talked. BOO.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
WFT?! A dude isn't as active as he'd like so he's subject to lynching? Bad form. Since there's only one vote needed to kill me off, I'll take this opportunity to plead my case.

I'm Peter Petrelli (of "Heroes") - kinda cool that I got assigned this role because it's one of my favorite shows.

milo_022.jpg

In my instructions, I was told that I would take on a different role during night phases. When I was mafia - the night LilMick was killed, as it were - I didn't get to vote who to kill. LilMick told me to be the last vote, presumably to screw me later in the game (piggyback on a vote). When investigated, I would assume the role I had that night. As the majority of players are townies, I "absorbed" their roles most of the time.

So take that for what it's worth. Apologies for not being as active as I would have liked. Those who have played with me before know I'm usually pretty involved. Go townies!!

This is why I wanted to do a Mass claim on day 2, the role above was so obviously faked due to the bolded. Jets Things did a nice job squirming out of it, but i really thought you all would lynch him for that slip up. Bleedin vouching for him really helped his case..

Lil'Mick's claim was also pretty obvious fake, so good job to everyone who sniffed that out.

that, btw, was the worst fake role reveal of all time, and I can't believe you pulled it off. It helped that Bleedin was convinced that you were a townie, and since people were piling onto him for being on two townie lynches, he must have felt like voting for you would seal his death warrant

But seriously:

1) With 2 obvious doctor types, if you had power absorb, why wouldn't you just absorb their power every night to protect yourself

2) "Mafia for a day" is the most ridiculous concept I've ever heard of, for all the reasons that were pointed out on the thread.

Learn the lesson, people - if someone seems like a lying liar who lies, LYNCH them!

I can't believe I pulled it off either. There were plenty of holes, but it seemed like I was able to convince a few of the first time players that I was legit. I thought about night-killing Bleedin, but he was practically the only one in my corner and needed him to stick around to generate some buzz.

If you're paying attention to Heroes this season, Peter Petrelli can only absorb the power of the person he touches. He can't retain them all at the same time and use them whenever he wants any more. Hence my "temporary power" idea. Yes, it was stupid. But it worked. :headbang:

But seriously:

And this..

I was not allowed to reveal my role, but I was so obviously Fozzy Bear that I couldn't push for a role reveal until I became desperate cause I would've had to lie about my role during the reveal. Had I been permitted to role reveal, I would've pushed for the reveal probably on day 1...

Other oddities:

Mick, why didn't you answer the call on day 2?

JiF - see the problem with hinting at your role before you have a mafia member to reveal? If the mafia picks up on it and the doctor doesn't, you're toast.

Night 1, both the mafia and Bleedin submitted JVoR as a target - that's why he was both beaten and scalped.

Last point - Jets Things, you should have asked me what happens if mafia and sylar are left standing at endgame. I'd have told you the same thing I told Bleedin. If the final 2 players are 1 mafia member and 1 SK, the SK wins.

I think I already knew that from another game, but I wasn't still 100% sure that there was a Sylar (as if it wasn't obvious enough - I know, I'm an idiot). Thanks for putting this game together. It was pretty awesome!!

I can't believe I pulled it off either. There were plenty of holes, but it seemed like I was able to convince a few of the first time players that I was legit. I thought about night-killing Bleedin, but he was practically the only one in my corner and needed him to stick around to generate some buzz.

If you're paying attention to Heroes this season, Peter Petrelli can only absorb the power of the person he touches. He can't retain them all at the same time and use them whenever he wants any more. Hence my "temporary power" idea. Yes, it was stupid. But it worked. :headbang:

The only thing that was stupid was the part about you being Mafia for a day and lil Mick Pm'ing you...Had you left that out it would've been alot more believable ..

I thought Bleedin as the serial killer knew you were scum and wanted to keep you alive to help thin the herd of townies a little, doggin told me what really happenned a bit later..

And this..

I was not allowed to reveal my role, but I was so obviously Fozzy Bear that I couldn't push for a role reveal until I became desperate cause I would've had to lie about my role during the reveal. Had I been permitted to role reveal, I would've pushed for the reveal probably on day 1...

You could've try to lie. I lied.

It's driving me nuts that I pushed so damn hard for both BG and JT. At least I know I'm not completely retarded at this game. I haven't played since like 2000 when I first got to college.

The only thing that was stupid was the part about you being Mafia for a day and lil Mick Pm'ing you...Had you left that out it would've been alot more believable ..

I thought Bleedin as the serial killer knew you were scum and wanted to keep you alive to help thin the herd of townies a little, doggin told me what really happenned a bit later..

I thought about this (weird that I actually thought of something) before mentioning it and came up with the conclusion that I SHOULD mention that I HAD been mafia, but only temporarily. Townies could have put 2 and 2 together and said, "He could become mafia so why not just lynch him now?"

I came up with the idea of a Peter Petrelli role-reveal at the beginning of the game. Just hoped I wouldn't have to use it AND hoped that there wasn't already a Peter Petrelli character.

Other oddities:

Mick, why didn't you answer the call on day 2?

JiF - see the problem with hinting at your role before you have a mafia member to reveal? If the mafia picks up on it and the doctor doesn't, you're toast.

Night 1, both the mafia and Bleedin submitted JVoR as a target - that's why he was both beaten and scalped.

Last point - Jets Things, you should have asked me what happens if mafia and sylar are left standing at endgame. I'd have told you the same thing I told Bleedin. If the final 2 players are 1 mafia member and 1 SK, the SK wins.

Yep.

My investigation on BG came the same night I was killed.

You could've try to lie. I lied.

It's driving me nuts that I pushed so damn hard for both BG and JT. At least I know I'm not completely retarded at this game. I haven't played since like 2000 when I first got to college.

I had represented Fozzy so hard that if I lied I was worried I would be lynched under the lynch all liars rule..

I exchanged PM's with doggin about it. Needless to say he enjoyed my perdiciment.

I thought about this (weird that I actually thought of something) before mentioning it and came up with the conclusion that I SHOULD mention that I HAD been mafia, but only temporarily. Townies could have put 2 and 2 together and said, "He could become mafia so why not just lynch him now?"

I came up with the idea of a Peter Petrelli role-reveal at the beginning of the game. Just hoped I wouldn't have to use it AND hoped that there wasn't already a Peter Petrelli character.

yeah, leaving it at coming up mafia in investigation would've been better. The PM'ing part was the part that wouldv'e made me be 100% certain on you..

I had represented Fozzy so hard that if I lied I was worried I would be lynched under the lynch all liars rule..

I exchanged PM's with doggin about it. Needless to say he enjoyed my perdiciment.

Good point, no one knew WHO the hell I was, I figured if I went with a 3rd person character that was a townie I'd be ok.

yeah, leaving it at coming up mafia in investigation would've been better. The PM'ing part was the part that wouldv'e made me be 100% certain on you..

The concept of Keeping It Simple Stupid is lost on the detail-oriented. Guess I overdid it. Lesson learned.

Even the "come up mafia on investigation" kills it - because he would know who he targetted and if he was really a townie, he should have revealed and said "trust me, XYZ player is mafia"

Even the "come up mafia on investigation" kills it - because he would know who he targetted and if he was really a townie, he should have revealed and said "trust me, XYZ player is mafia"

I would've been inclined to believe him that you were picking his roles for him rather then him targetting anyone.

Not perfect, but not enough for me to be 100% certain like I would've been with the Lil Mick PM'ing him part..

But seriously:

As far as JT goes, I was certainly convinced of his innocence at first, and the fact that he also had a Heroes role certainly helped that. I originally was trying to gain leverage by siding with a "known" innocent (so I thought at the time), but in the end it actually worked out great for me. If JT went down a flipped mafia, I was screwed. Vicious getting random lynched, me killing off IJ and recruiting DD all in a one day span saved my ass huge. Combine that with JT keeping me around for what I would imagine was him thinking I wouldn't try to lynch him, that false result you gave me very well may have won me the game.

However, I actually figured him as having a pretty good chance of being the godfather after that. When I saw that list of names as the final 5 I no longer trusted that result. I knew it for certain as soon as JB flipped doc. I figured floundering on JT at any point would get me lynched so I kept it up (although as you can see, was a little less adamant near the end, figuring if he got close to lynch I would gladly drop the hammer) and being on his side made me a much less likely target for a night kill. I figured if he knew I had his back he'd keep me around thinking I'd follow his lead on lynches, which I did on the last night. Too bad for him I killed him after that. :biggrin:

Big thanks goes out to DD though. While it may've been for only one day and night, I can honestly say that he was the difference in us winning this game. I found him just in time to save my ass from a lynching. Good stuff.

Good game everyone.

Don't get too excited, you could've said anything and I would've backed you up. I was desperate. :biggrin:

I know I didn't play a very good game myself, but from what I noticed, Jets babe, if someone role reveals while offering to confirm his own identity in some fashion, don't bandwagon on top of them, give them a chance to prove themselves. It was easily verifiable. Also, I'd like to know how you kept claiming 100% guilt on who was mafia and who wasn't, you better be sure you are making a mafia with that kind of talk because 1) you are making yourself a mafia target indicating you have an investigative role or 2) If it comes up wrong (which it did) you make yourself the easy target as either mafia or someone who is a loose cannon that is a danger to the townies. There really is no benefit to saying you are 100% positive about something unless you actually are, like EY being Mason.

I know I didn't play a very good game myself, but from what I noticed, Jets babe, if someone role reveals while offering to confirm his own identity in some fashion, don't bandwagon on top of them, give them a chance to prove themselves. It was easily verifiable. Also, I'd like to know how you kept claiming 100% guilt on who was mafia and who wasn't, you better be sure you are making a mafia with that kind of talk because 1) you are making yourself a mafia target indicating you have an investigative role or 2) If it comes up wrong (which it did) you make yourself the easy target as either mafia or someone who is a loose cannon that is a danger to the townies. There really is no benefit to saying you are 100% positive about something unless you actually are, like EY being Mason.

Unfortunately, it was RJF/JB being in a power role that killed the town. RJF (understandably) wasn't able to participate, and he missed the importance of protecting people other than himself (me or JiF) where the outcome would have drastically changed had one of us been alive, JiF being arguably more valuable than myself at that point.

The WE kill should have never happened, obviously.

Big thanks goes out to DD though. While it may've been for only one day and night, I can honestly say that he was the difference in us winning this game. I found him just in time to save my ass from a lynching. Good stuff.

No problem. :biggrin:

I should thank you for recruiting me or else I would have remained a townie and lost.

I knew JT was a fake from the beginning, but nobody wanted to listen. The PM from Lil Mick totally gave it away. The only thing that made me question my thoughts was the fact that I was Elle from Heroes and Peter could have been a character in this game.

Looking over the list of roles, it seems like almost everyone had some sort of twist or advantage to start the game. I was a roleless townie for almost the entire game and had no outside knowledge of anyone or anything. I'm shocked that I got to the end and won.

BTW, going all the way back to playing on JI, my team is 4/4 in winning the game.

No problem. :biggrin:

I should thank you for recruiting me or else I would have remained a townie and lost.

I knew JT was a fake from the beginning, but nobody wanted to listen. The PM from Lil Mick totally gave it away. The only thing that made me question my thoughts was the fact that I was Elle from Heroes and Peter could have been a character in this game.

Looking over the list of roles, it seems like almost everyone had some sort of twist or advantage to start the game. I was a roleless townie for almost the entire game and had no outside knowledge of anyone or anything. I'm shocked that I got to the end and won.

BTW, going all the way back to playing on JI, my team is 4/4 in winning the game.

I guess that means you were never mafia with EY. :rolleyes:

Archived