TV Land Mafia Game Thread

Doggin94it

You've made some great points about JB not really adding anything to her votes, but I'm still not 100% convinced she's mafia (EY, Thor, RJF connection...and since EY was proved to be a townie when he was killed...). Earlier tonight I asked why you're so sure that DD isn't mafia and you haven't provided an answer. Any insight?

I hear you on the JB thing and that was why I was really confused after watching how things unfolded once today started. Essentially today started with 5 of us left, myself who I know isn't mafia, you and DD who I am fairly certain are not mafia and then JB and Thor who most of us were operating under the assumption were not mafia. Obviously at least one of us five has to be mafia, so that doesn't exactly fly. EY isn't exactly infallable and the more I think about it, the less likely it seems Doggin would've made 3 roles that were so obviously linked and all be townie. It would've been too obvious and an advantage to town. For that reason I've begun to think that one if not two of those three were actually mafia. EY obviously wasn't, so that leaves JB and Thor.

As far as DD goes, I'm so sure of DD for the same reasons I was so certain and definitive in my defenses of you in yesterday's day phase. As I'm sure you know, I had every opportunity to lay the hammer on you myself but was adamant in my defense. Its essentially a combination of factors, both deciphering what you each have posted as well as some additional information. Eventually, I was able to come to the conclusion that DD is definitely not mafia and while not as certain to the same extent, I feel pretty confident you are not either.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You've made some great points about JB not really adding anything to her votes, but I'm still not 100% convinced she's mafia (EY, Thor, RJF connection...and since EY was proved to be a townie when he was killed...). Earlier tonight I asked why you're so sure that DD isn't mafia and you haven't provided an answer. Any insight?

he has no insight. he's mafia.

Well, the deadline is tonight, and I'm honestly having a very tough time making a read on the remaining players.

JT has a very shady role which I still don't understand fully. Thor has not participated enough for me to come to a definitive conclusion. BG has provided the most insight out of all remaining players. JB has been erratic and cannot provide any further clarification on her accusations against BG.

No offense JB, but you are going to have to do better than "because I say so" at this stage of the game. This is the most critical vote of the game, and I see alot of similarities between your vote for BG and your vote for War Ensemble, who was innocent and could have been a very valuable tool for the town.

vote - Jets Babe

Well, the deadline is tonight, and I'm honestly having a very tough time making a read on the remaining players.

JT has a very shady role which I still don't understand fully. Thor has not participated enough for me to come to a definitive conclusion. BG has provided the most insight out of all remaining players. JB has been erratic and cannot provide any further clarification on her accusations against BG.

No offense JB, but you are going to have to do better than "because I say so" at this stage of the game. This is the most critical vote of the game, and I see alot of similarities between your vote for BG and your vote for War Ensemble, who was innocent and could have been a very valuable tool for the town.

vote - Jets Babe

dr_cox_scrubs.jpg

NOOOOOOO

not a good idea.

BG was good enough to provide some insight as to why he doesn't think DD is mafia after I asked him. JB can't give an explanation other than "because he has no insight" or "Oh, ok." Something tells me she's trying to ride this vote out until the last minute and piggyback on someone. Again.

Vote: JetsBabe

BG was good enough to provide some insight as to why he doesn't think DD is mafia after I asked him. JB can't give an explanation other than "because he has no insight" or "Oh, ok." Something tells me she's trying to ride this vote out until the last minute and piggyback on someone. Again.

Vote: JetsBabe

Well, I think that takes care of it. Mafia wins.

I have a feeling I'm all by myself.

Good morning, everyone.

It seems as though the spark has gone out of your life.

Elle_Heroes.jpg

Double Down (Elle Bishop) has been beaten to death

Day will end at 9:00 Thursday, or as soon as a lynch is clinched

Players Remaining:

Thor

Jets Things

Bleedin' Green

With 3 players alive, it takes 2 votes to lynch.

Well, I think that takes care of it. Mafia wins.

I have a feeling I'm all by myself.

Well, the game is not over yet, so that suggests there is only 1 mafia left. In a typical mafia game, the mafia wins if they get the number of townies equal to the number of mafia.

So it looks like the town is up 3-1 at this point. With no doctor protection, it looks like it will be 2-1 after tonight's night kill.

Come on townies, we can do it!

It didn't take long for the final three to make their decision.

B.G, said J.D. I vote for BG.

J.D., said Jets Things. I vote for J.D.

"Well, if it's me or you, I gues I've got to vote for you - vote: J.D."

story.jpg

THOR HAS BEEN LYNCHED.

The Town Loses

"Well," said Jets Things, "no point in hiding any more. With one townie and on mafia, I win. Time to die, Bleedin'. Bleedin - I like that name. Very appropriate." Jets Things cracked his knuckles and slowly advanced on Bleedin. Who smiled, and raised his hand

Two steps across the room, Jets Things stopped - and then flew backwards to hang spread eagled on the far wall.

"Townie," BG chuckled. "Oh no no no no no, Mr. Soprano. I'm afraid I'm a bit more than that. And you and I? We have a lot to talk about." Sylar smiled, as the skin on Tony Soprano's forehead began to split open, and the blood welled out. "Then again, I'm really not one for long conversations."

tony.jpg

TONY SOPRANO HAS BEEN SYLARIZED

The Mafia Loses

sylarchoke2.jpg

Game over. Bleedin' Green and Double Down win.

Yup. One night cost the town the game unfortunately.

Game 2 sign-up is now open.

Yup. If I wasn't random lynched I would've canned JT. It was dumb of me to pull my vote to try and get more conversation going. Then of course I logged off, voted again for JT and then poof, he was safe.

Break down - our players:

Town:

Uart (Zack Morris). Ability: Could use Zack's cell phone to start a conversation with another player once per phase. Called CTM day 1, LilMick (who didn't respond) day 2.

JVoR (Maxwell Smart). Ability: Could follow a player each night to see if they were targetting anyone. As a bumbling spy, he had a 50% chance of being seen, and if seen by mafia would die.

EY (Turk). Ability: On a mason team with Thor, could communicate via PM.

Thor (J.D.). Ability: On a mason team with EY. Did not know it, but if Dr. Cox died, he would (and did) become the town Dr. Post restriction: Was required to be the last person to make a first post on the game thread.

Rutgers/Jets Babe (Dr. Cox). Ability: Town Doctor. Could protect one player per night. Protected themselves every night except night 5, when Jets Babe protected Jets Things. Post restrtiction: Was required to harass the last person to make a first post on the game thread by calling them "newbie" and ranting at them. Did not know Thor or EY

Irish (Evie). Ability: Could "stop time" to avoid a lynch or NK once every 2 game days. Never used the ability.

JiF (Columbo). Ability: Town cop. Could investigate 1 player per night, and learn their role or alignment (i.e. town/mafia/etc.). The roles gave away alignment so that was redundant for him - but not for BG (see below)

CTM (Fozzie Bear). Post restriction: Was required to joke in each post. Forbidden from role revealing. Would gain an extra vote if he repeated a joke. That's why he was lynched with a vote short.

War Ensemble (Jack Bauer). Ability: Vigilante - one unblockable kill at any point in the game. Also a miller - would come up mafia on investigation.

Vicious (Bob Dole). Ability: Unelectable - could not be lynched. No matter how many people voted for him, vote count would stall one below 50% of active players. Post restriction: Required to post in 3rd person, forbidden from revealing as Bob Dole (hence the lie about being Smash)

Woody Paige (Cher Horowitz). Post restriction: Required to choose a player as "ugly duckling" public service project. Could not vote for that player, and had to offer daily advice on how to be cool. Chose CTM.

Double Down (Elle). Started off as a townie. Unaware that he could be recruited by Bleedin'

Town would have won when all non-townies were dead

Mafia:

Jets Things (Tony Soprano). Special ability - Godfather, came up as innocent when investigated.

Norway, LilMick (Silvio Dante and Big P*ssy)

Would have won when all non-mafia were dead or when mafia outnumbered remaining players

Team Sylar:

BG (Sylar). Abilities: Could kill a player once every two game days. If he chose to, could absorb their powers and would gain their abilities - including any post restrictions. If he killed and absorbed Columbo, he could use the finder ability to find Elle and recruit her into a 2 man mafia team. Killed JVoR and absorbed investigative power, never used it. Killed JiF, used power on Jets Things and was told he was a townie, since Jets Things was the Godfather - which is why Bleedin' backed Jets Things (he thought he was telling the truth). Investigated Double Down and Killed Irish (without absorbing the power), recruiting Double Down to the team - the day before Double Down was NK.

Won when he (or he and Elle) matched or outnumbered all remaining players.

You can't kill Peter Petrelli. :D

heroes1203-248.jpg

that, btw, was the worst fake role reveal of all time, and I can't believe you pulled it off. It helped that Bleedin was convinced that you were a townie, and since people were piling onto him for being on two townie lynches, he must have felt like voting for you would seal his death warrant

But seriously:

1) With 2 obvious doctor types, if you had power absorb, why wouldn't you just absorb their power every night to protect yourself

2) "Mafia for a day" is the most ridiculous concept I've ever heard of, for all the reasons that were pointed out on the thread.

Learn the lesson, people - if someone seems like a lying liar who lies, LYNCH them!

Other oddities:

Mick, why didn't you answer the call on day 2?

JiF - see the problem with hinting at your role before you have a mafia member to reveal? If the mafia picks up on it and the doctor doesn't, you're toast.

Night 1, both the mafia and Bleedin submitted JVoR as a target - that's why he was both beaten and scalped.

Last point - Jets Things, you should have asked me what happens if mafia and sylar are left standing at endgame. I'd have told you the same thing I told Bleedin. If the final 2 players are 1 mafia member and 1 SK, the SK wins.

Archived