TV Land Mafia Game Thread

Doggin94it

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So you've more or less stayed in the background to this point, but now try and put the three most active posters under the spotlight?

I'm not saying CTM or Viscious is guilty based on his activity, rather, we'd learn a bit more by killing them, as we'd learn what these day roles may mean.

And, I cast my vote for JVOR early based on his over eagerness, not his activity.

Since this came up about having to come to a majority, I wanted to double check something I saw and it does appear the 48 hour time limit does not apply to day one. Here is from the original post:

Format: We will be running a normal mafia format with lynches during the day and night actions during the night. With the exception of Day 1, days will last 48 hours and Nights will run 24 hours. The clock will not run on the weekend. If a majority lynch is reached, I will end the Day early if I am available to do so. Night will end early if I receive all night actions

I'm not saying CTM or Viscious is guilty based on his activity, rather, we'd learn a bit more by killing them, as we'd learn what these day roles may mean.

And, I cast my vote for JVOR early based on his over eagerness, not his activity.

and since when has doggin revealed role details after a lynch??

at this point, the correct players to lynch for info are:

CTM, EY, JVor or bleedin.. JVOR's eagerness to tie me and bleedin together and exclude you is very interesting.. Could be nothing, but usually when people start forming sides like that they are scheming and only scum scheme...

I know my role is innocent, so I'm inclined to think that either Jvor and Bleedin are scummates and Jvor is tieing bleeding to an innocent is to help him down the road by setting you up. OR, you and Jvor are scum mates and Jvor is muddying the water similiar to how Gagoots and I did in game 1 OR, jvor is just trying to get the 3 of us to kill each other and we are all innocent..

Heck, Maybe all 4 of us are innocent, at which point the town is in big trouble... :D

Imo, the day needs to go on longer before we fallback into lynch for info mode... It's too soon and I'd rather lynch a non contributor at this point...

Where do elephants store their clothes?

In their trunks.

Since this came up about having to come to a majority, I wanted to double check something I saw and it does appear the 48 hour time limit does not apply to day one. Here is from the original post:

So does this mean there's no time limit for day one at all?

For now. Given the mechanics of Day 1, especially in a game with new players, I don't want to set a deadline. But if you guys get into a situation where you're going around in circles, I will.

CTM, EY, JVor or bleedin.. JVOR's eagerness to tie me and bleedin together and exclude you is very interesting.. Could be nothing, but usually when people start forming sides like that they are scheming and only scum scheme...

I know my role is innocent, so I'm inclined to think that either Jvor and Bleedin are scummates and Jvor is tieing bleeding to an innocent is to help him down the road by setting you up. OR, you and Jvor are scum mates and Jvor is muddying the water similiar to how Gagoots and I did in game 1 OR, jvor is just trying to get the 3 of us to kill each other and we are all innocent..

Heck, Maybe all 4 of us are innocent, at which point the town is in big trouble... :D

Imo, the day needs to go on longer before we fallback into lynch for info mode... It's too soon and I'd rather lynch a non contributor at this point...

In their trunks.

I'm having a hard time accepting that you 'accidentally' missed the information we'd gain by lynching you. To me, your lynching would give us information on the obvious day roles, just as Viscous's would.

But I see that you 'know your role is innocent', so that's something we should go by.

I know my role is innocent, so am I off the hook. That having been said, I don't think Doggin would make you such an obvious target, so I'm leaning away from you FOR NOW.

In their trunks.

Vicious noticed, and wants you to know that Vicious is trustworthy.

I'm having a hard time accepting that you 'accidentally' missed the information we'd gain by lynching you. To me, your lynching would give us information on the obvious day roles, just as Viscous's would.

But I see that you 'know your role is innocent', so that's something we should go by.

I know my role is innocent, so am I off the hook. That having been said, I don't think Doggin would make you such an obvious target, so I'm leaning away from you FOR NOW.

I addressed this in my first sentance.. I don't think Doggin's going to give role details in the death scene...

doggin, can you confirm what will be revealed after a lynch/NK?

How can you stop an elephant from charging?

Take away its credit card.

I addressed this in my first sentance.. I don't think Doggin's going to give role details in the death scene...

doggin, can you confirm what will be revealed after a lynch/NK?

How can you stop an elephant from charging?

Take away its credit card.

He may not.

But it's obvious you are doing something abnormal with your jokes.

Unless he's not even going to tell us good or evil, then killing you would give us something.

just to point out.. role where randomly selected so Doggin didnt pick any roles himself

For now. Given the mechanics of Day 1, especially in a game with new players, I don't want to set a deadline. But if you guys get into a situation where you're going around in circles, I will.

Fair enough and this definitely lends back to the points CTM made a few posts above them. Not that we should loaf around and waste time, but also we don't need to feel the pressure to rush into a lynch. The problem with a day one rush lynch is not only getting the wrong guy, but then the aftermath of that. Typically everyone likes to turn on whoever got the lynch bandwagon rolling, whether or not they agreed with it at the time, and things like that are what causes things like 3 straight days of innocent lynchings.

further, even if he does reveal say that Vicious is the Fonz and needs to speak in the third person, what will that tell you about other day roles? I'd imagine that all day roles aren't going to share alignment..

It's pretty clear that several players have day restrictions, we already know this.. I'd be against lynching Vicious or myself just to confirm what we already know..

What happens to a grape when an elephant steps on it?

It lets out a little whine.

further, even if he does reveal say that Vicious is the Fonz and needs to speak in the third person, what will that tell you about other day roles? I'd imagine that all day roles aren't going to share alignment..

It's pretty clear that several players have day restrictions, we already know this.. I'd be against lynching Vicious or myself just to confirm what we already know..

You keep ignoring the obvious, which is making me more and more suspicious of you.

How do these day roles correlate with good vs evil.

I know your Fozzie Bear, what I don't know is what that means. Killing you would go a long way to solving that. But as I said, I can't imagine such an obvious day role being linked to evil, as it's almost TOO obvious.

You keep ignoring the obvious, which is making me more and more suspicious of you.

I know your Fozzie Bear, what I don't know is what that means. Killing you would go a long way to solving that. But as I said, I can't imagine such an obvious day role being linked to evil, as it's almost TOO obvious.

Vicious believes CTM as of right now is not suspicious. BG is the most suspicious is his activity of trying to stall actions seems to Vicious that the hope there is to cause more confusion.

I would assume that in addition to the posting rules/restrictions that day roles have they would also have a power, responsibility or restriction that are not obvious.

By the way you should try to make better posts if you want people to like you.

My problem with assuming CTM can't be evil because of his obvious role is actually based on something CTM himself said. It would be silly to assume, and I highly doubt, that all of the day roles are all of the same alignment. If that were the case, it would make things too clear cut as to who not to go after. Of course you could argue that some evil players could mimick this in order to hide and protect themselves, but they'd have to pick up on it first and even still you'd know at least the first person, if not the first few, are likely legit and that would put them in the clear from lynchings. It seems like way too big of an advantage for the town for it to be that cut and dry.

My problem with assuming CTM can't be evil because of his obvious role is actually based on something CTM himself said. It would be silly to assume, and I highly doubt, that all of the day roles are all of the same alignment. If that were the case, it would make things too clear cut as to who not to go after. Of course you could argue that some evil players could mimick this in order to hide and protect themselves, but they'd have to pick up on it first and even still you'd know at least the first person, if not the first few, are likely legit and that would put them in the clear from lynchings. It seems like way too big of an advantage for the town for it to be that cut and dry.

I'm not assuming. Just leaning away for now.

As do you, why would you assume that people with day restrictions share the same alignment..

Are you suggesting that cause Vicious and I appear to have a role requirement we are either both innocent or both evil? That doesn't make sense and is dangerous cause it would only cause mafia to pretend to have a role of some sort as well if one of us came up innocent..

Killing me or Vicious at best would let you confirm or deny whether our peculiar posts are required by our role or if we are just faking it..

How can you stop a skunk from smelling?

Hold its nose.

Guys, this is not majority rule, so we must start reaching a consensus. We need 9 votes. Right now, I think we gain the most knowledge by voting for one of the three:

JVOR - Most vocal, no obvious day role...

CTM - Obvious day role, learn what the day role means.

Viscious - Obvious day role, same as CTM.

BG has two votes, and very well may be guilty, but I'm not sure if we'd learn anything about the game with votes for him. I am not defending him at all, and think he's similar to JVOR, but not AS out there with his opinions. I know, like his football posts, he talks too much. ;)

1) Being totally honest, lynching me does have an incentive. I overplayed early on because I'm anxious to play this game. (I'm a dork, I know) Evidence to this fact: I posted JI mafia threads which I did not participate in. I pmed EY and CTM and Doggin and SMC to get something organized here since most of them migrated. Also note who is the first one to post in the sign up thread. It's a learning experience. lynching me eliminates me off the suspect list and you can move on to something more productive. But the only problem is that you go down a townie during the day and probably in the night. (Which if it happens, I apologize to the townie team in advance)

If you do go down that path, my request is this, which i'm sure would happen anyways, but go after CTM next. He's suggesting i'm deflecting blame, but look at all of his posts regarding me. As soon as I bring up his name (not even in an accusatory way) he deflects the pressure on me. And successfully takes pressure off himself. And what is his incentive for the question "why are BG and I connected and not EY and myself?" That's an interesting deflect in itself. He's not defending himself at all, but putting the honus on myself. He's consistently doing that. In fact, isn't he trying to deflect the question on EY and off of BG?

And note, the only thing I said I made a mistake with was being overaggressive. I never said I regret any suspisicion of CTM. He tries his best to make it seem like I regretted what I've said and I said no such thing.

EY, you mentioned that it would seem too obvious to make Vic and CTM have obvious day roles. And again, I have to bring this up. Either only one or a few of them is mafia. In this case, it's less obvious which day role character is guilty. The second is that they must reap some benefit for this ridiculous day role. Either getting protection from a mafia hit on a limited basis or avoiding townie detection. Makes no sense why they would reprise it otherwise.

As do you, why would you assume that people with day restrictions share the same alignment..

Are you suggesting that cause Vicious and I appear to have a role requirement we are either both innocent or both evil? That doesn't make sense and is dangerous cause it would only cause mafia to pretend to have a role of some sort as well if one of us came up innocent..

Killing me or Vicious at best would let you confirm or deny whether our peculiar posts are required by our role or if we are just faking it..

How can you stop a skunk from smelling?

Hold its nose.

It's not a guarantee, but it's the best thing we have in the way of a connection.

If we kill you, and you're guilty, the Viscous goes down next. We kill him, and he's innocent, well, at least we followed some kind of logic, and 1 of 2 isn't bad. If we kill you and you're innocent, than Viscous looks ok for now, but obviously not immune.

Killing a random with no apparent connection right now doesn't give us anything to work off of, guilty or innocent, and we both know we're more than likely to be wrong on day one.

Vicious believes CTM as of right now is not suspicious. BG is the most suspicious is his activity of trying to stall actions seems to Vicious that the hope there is to cause more confusion.

I'm trying to settle everyone down from making a rash, rush decision considering that is something that has plagued many mafia games in the past. You, on the other hand, seem to ready to jump around to push the bandwagon of whoever seems to have most recently caught the ire of other posters and look to complete a vote as quickly as possible. First it was JVOR, then CTM and now me. Shady to say the least.

It's not a guarantee, but it's the best thing we have in the way of a connection.

If we kill you, and you're guilty, the Viscous goes down next. We kill him, and he's innocent, well, at least we followed some kind of logic, and 1 of 2 isn't bad. If we kill you and you're innocent, than Viscous looks ok for now, but obviously not immune.

Killing a random with no apparent connection right now doesn't give us anything to work off of, guilty or innocent, and we both know we're more than likely to be wrong on day one.

It's not even likely.. following this path will get you nowhere but trouble. You're openly setting the rules allowing the mafia to easily manipulate the game. Further, you're trying to play against doggin instead of the players, which isn't advisable. Play the players..

There should be no connection between me and vicious and anyone else that seems to have posting requirements.

Just to reconfirm. Again, not making an accusation with this statement. I just want to see who has day roles? Vicious, and CTM obviously. What are we making of RJF's role though. I'm kind of confused about his post to EY about "nice try, Sherlock"

RJF has a day role or no?

I was leaning towards yes, but then when I went back yesterday and was looking through all of his posts, I didn't see anything that seemed to definitively carry through ALL of his posts as has been the case with Vicious and CTM. The angry/grumpy theme definitely seems to be there as previously pointed out, but is definitely absent from at least a couple of posts.

I'm trying to settle everyone down from making a rash, rush decision considering that is something that has plagued many mafia games in the past. You, on the other hand, seem to ready to jump around to push the bandwagon of whoever seems to have most recently caught the ire of other posters and look to complete a vote as quickly as possible. First it was JVOR, then CTM and now me. Shady to say the least.

Vicious thinks you're just playing off the eagerness of other players. It's easy to point fingers.. Vicious is pointing out behavior but didn't feel strong enough to vote until you. Vicious believes the group that should be in question is:

BG

CTM

WP

EY

The three of you are creating confusion of epic proportions. Confusing who is good and evil, while hiding behind the guise of "order". If Vicious were a scum, he'd want to appear as level-headed and trustworthy as possible. Have people buy into what Vicious is selling.

BG is playing the quiet, calms card. Notice one of the most vocal people, EY, has yet to bring someone like BG into questions.

CTM clearly has a role like Vicious does. Vicious knows what side he is on and truly believes that it wouldn't make sense to have two roles similar to each other on one side.

EY seems to be protecting CTM, going for enough to try an protect him in certain posts yet naming him as one of his 3. Vicious believes CTM has some sort of protection from the mafia if he is so confident to name him.

WP has gone along with all of the aboves ideas.

There is something to be had by lynching. As a random lynch is no better. Vicious welcomes question of his character as Vicious knows what side he is on. He is the side the wants true justice.

It's not even likely.. following this path will get you nowhere but trouble. You're openly setting the rules allowing the mafia to easily manipulate the game. Further, you're trying to play against doggin instead of the players, which isn't advisable. Play the players..

There should be no connection between me and vicious and anyone else that seems to have posting requirements.

The argument is about A. Stop arguing about Point B and claiming innocent.

There doesn't necessarily need to be a connection between you and Vicious other than the fact that you have day roles. BUT, it's likely you guys have separate night roles and night benefits that are worth you guys becoming lightning rods early on. Lynching one of you reveals information about what we're dealing with in the Day role.

BUT the only one with a day role who's been super suspicious IMO is CTM. CTM is a smart guy, clearly he's feigning dumb about the potential benefit of finding out what the full capacity of the day role is.

I was leaning towards yes, but then when I went back yesterday and was looking through all of his posts, I didn't see anything that seemed to definitively carry through ALL of his posts as has been the case with Vicious and CTM. The angry/grumpy theme definitely seems to be there as previously pointed out, but is definitely absent from at least a couple of posts.

He might not have to use his role in every post.

Vicious thinks you're just playing off the eagerness of other players. It's easy to point fingers.. Vicious is pointing out behavior but didn't feel strong enough to vote until you. Vicious believes the group that should be in question is:

BG

CTM

WP

EY

The three of you are creating confusion of epic proportions. Confusing who is good and evil, while hiding behind the guise of "order". If Vicious were a scum, he'd want to appear as level-headed and trustworthy as possible. Have people buy into what Vicious is selling.

BG is playing the quiet, calms card. Notice one of the most vocal people, EY, has yet to bring someone like BG into questions.

CTM clearly has a role like Vicious does. Vicious knows what side he is on and truly believes that it wouldn't make sense to have two roles similar to each other on one side.

EY seems to be protecting CTM, going for enough to try an protect him in certain posts yet naming him as one of his 3. Vicious believes CTM has some sort of protection from the mafia if he is so confident to name him.

WP has gone along with all of the aboves ideas.

There is something to be had by lynching. As a random lynch is no better. Vicious welcomes question of his character as Vicious knows what side he is on. He is the side the wants true justice.

As far as playing off other posters eagerness, you're the one ready to jump onto the bandwagon of any player suspected by another and seem to be most adamant about coming to a quick decision. And you are by far pointing more fingers than anyone else here. You want to talk about creating confusion and so far have tried to note suspicion of about nearly half the people in this game. You're erratic and all over the map. Outside of your own claims that you're innocent, nothing you have said or done really seems to point to you making any concerted effort to clear things up, rather with each post you seem to murky the waters even more.

Archived