TV Land Mafia Game Thread

Doggin94it

All I've done is point out why people may think his behavior may be suspicious, I certainly haven't gone after him. Although the problem here is your entire post seems a bit contradictory. You're backing up JVOR because he's trying to stir up conversation in one breath, but in the next you're suspicious of me for that same reason? That seems incredibly inconsistent to say the least. Meanwhile a number of other players have remained almost entirely silent (yourself included) and remain unquestioned as they look to skate through day one.

Yet so far, the only information we've really seem to have gotten is the same we had when a few people first started posting, that it seems like there are some weird requirements for some player's posting.

Like I said, call it a hunch. JVOR put himself out there as an easy target from the onset, and you cautiously took the bait. A little too cautiously...something like a mafia member would do. You didn't want to join the bandwagon, but you're looking to bring him down in a subtle way.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What are we to make of this? Especially in bold.

Did somebody say Columbo???

Well I think the bolded part is designed to explain the strange posting actions of players like CTM. He's taking his role too seriously in that regardless of the situation, he's compelled to continue with his dumb jokes. The reference to Columbo also certainly supports what multiple people have already said which is the game isn't "muppets only", which would make sense considering the broadness of the title of this mafia game. I would guess Columbo is probably one of the players in the game and probably is the player with the cop role.

Well I think the bolded part is designed to explain the strange posting actions of players like CTM. He's taking his role too seriously in that regardless of the situation, he's compelled to continue with his dumb jokes. The reference to Columbo also certainly supports what multiple people have already said which is the game isn't "muppets only", which would make sense considering the broadness of the title of this mafia game. I would guess Columbo is probably one of the players in the game and probably is the player with the cop role.

Vicious thinks the name of the type of game we're playing would explain it, no?

Like I said, call it a hunch. JVOR put himself out there as an easy target from the onset, and you cautiously took the bait. A little too cautiously...something like a mafia member would do. You didn't want to join the bandwagon, but you're looking to bring him down in a subtle way.

This is also true, but Jvor has done similiar. Now JVor has tied me and Bleedin together..

Part of me thinks they both may be scum..

Why did Bob take his magic beans to the ballpark?

He wanted to see the Giants play.

Serious question then, what should have I done that would have been more appropriate? Do I completely ignore what had been going on in the thread up to the point that I came up and don't address anything or should I have gone after JVOR full force right off the bat and try to take him down despite not really being convinced of much of anything yet? Because apparently, taking a middle of the road approach is what's so suspicious, so players should only act in extremes? Honestly, players impulsively acting in extremes is what typically gets things moving in favor of the mafia early on.

Serious question then, what should have I done that would have been more appropriate? Do I completely ignore what had been going on in the thread up to the point that I came up and don't address anything or should I have gone after JVOR full force right off the bat and try to take him down despite not really being convinced of much of anything yet? Because apparently, taking a middle of the road approach is what's so suspicious, so players should only act in extremes? Honestly, players impulsively acting in extremes is what typically gets things moving in favor of the mafia early on.

Fully agree. If anything, people who are trying to make solid cases at this early juncture seem the most suspicious to me.

Fully agree. If anything, people who are trying to make solid cases at this early juncture seem the most suspicious to me.

The parties involved in all of this are all suspicious to Vicious. But Vicious feels we cannot sit on our hands. Cases must be made in order for a decision to come down.

The parties involved in all of this are all suspicious to Vicious. But Vicious feels we cannot sit on our hands. Cases must be made in order for a decision to come down.

i think im going to vote for you just so you can stop talking in the 3rd person..

(votes arent official unless you PM doggin with your vote right??)

I think this third person business is more annoying them my joke telling :D

But I agree, cases being made, however weak, is how conversations starts and cases are made stronger.

There's competing theories here, you have to be a ballsy player with a mafia role to come out guns blazed cause you draw immediate attention to yourself. Many players with scum roles either hide in the background completely OR in order to avoid looking suspicious for not participating they post a lot without really saying much.

Why didn't Bob open the refrigerator?

He was embarrassed to see the salad dressing.

Can't really put my finger on it. Your posts simply didn't strike me the right way...like you are going with the flow of drawing suspicion on someone, but not trying to stick out.

At this point in the game, putting down some votes and looking for reactions is the best way to come to conclusions.

I think this third person business is more annoying them my joke telling :D

But I agree, cases being made, however weak, is how conversations starts and cases are made stronger.

There's competing theories here, you have to be a ballsy player with a mafia role to come out guns blazed cause you draw immediate attention to yourself. Many players with scum roles either hide in the background completely OR in order to avoid looking suspicious for not participating they post a lot without really saying much.

Why didn't Bob open the refrigerator?

He was embarrassed to see the salad dressing.

Vicious also hates doing this. Regardless, the thought that comes to mind is not far off from yours CTM. At the same time JVoR came out guns blazing. Vicious believe he is being over-active. Initially Vicious was a little weary of JVoR but as soon as BG jumped in it seemed he was trying to deflect blame back towards JVoR. Walking a neutral path is key when you can present a friendly face and plan attacks behind people's backs.

The first vote is always difficult. We dont' want to do the mafia's work for them. That is what they want, and that is why Vicious feels that deflecting blame and trying to create a bandwagon effect is the work of scum. JVO (Just Vicious's opinion)

Vote Count:

JVoR (2) - CTM, EY

Norway (1) - Uart

BG (2) - Vicious, Double Down

CTM (1) - Irish

War Ensemble (1) - LilMick

With 16 players alive, it takes 9 votes to lynch

(I think I have 2, Jvor voted for me first..)

Vote Count:

JVoR (2) - CTM, EY

Norway (1) - Uart

BG (2) - Vicious, Double Down

CTM (1) - Irish

War Ensemble (1) - LilMick

With 16 players alive, it takes 9 votes to lynch

Guys, this is not majority rule, so we must start reaching a consensus. We need 9 votes. Right now, I think we gain the most knowledge by voting for one of the three:

JVOR - Most vocal, no obvious day role...

CTM - Obvious day role, learn what the day role means.

Viscious - Obvious day role, same as CTM.

BG has two votes, and very well may be guilty, but I'm not sure if we'd learn anything about the game with votes for him. I am not defending him at all, and think he's similar to JVOR, but not AS out there with his opinions. I know, like his football posts, he talks too much. ;)

Vicious also hates doing this. Regardless, the thought that comes to mind is not far off from yours CTM. At the same time JVoR came out guns blazing. Vicious believe he is being over-active. Initially Vicious was a little weary of JVoR but as soon as BG jumped in it seemed he was trying to deflect blame back towards JVoR. Walking a neutral path is key when you can present a friendly face and plan attacks behind people's backs.

The first vote is always difficult. We dont' want to do the mafia's work for them. That is what they want, and that is why Vicious feels that deflecting blame and trying to create a bandwagon effect is the work of scum. JVO (Just Vicious's opinion)

Hmm, I'm gonna go back and see if I notice a similar pattern.

No one dies, the day period passes and the Mafia will be able to plan a night attack and off someone.

That's not actually the case in this particular game, from doggin in the first post of the thread:

Majority Fail Penalty: If we fail to reach a majority lynch by the deadline, unless otherwise interrupted or stated, then a random player will be lynched. You can vote NO LYNCH, and a majority on

Guys, this is not majority rule, so we must start reaching a consensus. We need 9 votes. Right now, I think we gain the most knowledge by voting for one of the three:

JVOR - Most vocal, no obvious day role...

CTM - Obvious day role, learn what the day role means.

Viscious - Obvious day role, same as CTM.

BG has two votes, and very well may be guilty, but I'm not sure if we'd learn anything about the game with votes for him. I am not defending him at all, and think he's similar to JVOR, but not AS out there with his opinions. I know, like his football posts, he talks too much. ;)

So you've more or less stayed in the background to this point, but now try and put the three most active posters under the spotlight?

Archived