TV Land Mafia Game Thread

Doggin94it

Loose lips sink ships.

I vote: JVOR

I am not sure he's guilty, but right now, I can't imagine Doggin making it so obvious that V89 and CTM have roles and then having those roles be guilty.

Also, I've never heard of a 'day role', as JVOR suggests, so I think he knows something.

Hit or miss, I think we will learn something with this lynching that we can use on the next day.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Loose lips sink ships.

I am not sure he's guilty, but right now, I can't imagine Doggin making it so obvious that V89 and CTM have roles and then having those roles be guilty.

Also, I've never heard of a 'day role', as JVOR suggests, so I think he knows something.

Hit or miss, I think we will learn something with this lynching that we can use on the next day.

I don't remember ever playing a game with "day roles" but Doggins initial post does mention them. Not trying to clear JVOR's name or anything I just thought it was worth mentioning.

I don't remember ever playing a game with "day roles" but Doggins initial post does mention them. Not trying to clear JVOR's name or anything I just thought it was worth mentioning.

Noted.

I've made the mistake before of not reading the initial post carefully enough.

Loose lips sink ships.

Day Actions: Read your Role Assignment carefully! You may have an available action that can be performed during the Day phase. If you have any questions about your powers and abilities, don't hesitate to ask me about it.

Is it really that much of a stretch to call that a day role? It's in the 1st post.

Day Actions: Read your Role Assignment carefully! You may have an available action that can be performed during the Day phase. If you have any questions about your powers and abilities, don't hesitate to ask me about it.

Is it really that much of a stretch to call that a day role? It's in the 1st post.

See above.

Was everyone waiting on me? Sorry I took so long to show up.

Yes, everyone was waiting on you newbie. I'd cast my vote for you, but clearly your faux pas is the result of most likely eating Cheetos for too long and passing out due to the tummy ache rather than coming up with some clever mafia scheme. Welcome.

Yes, everyone was waiting on you newbie. I'd cast my vote for you, but clearly your faux pas is the result of most likely eating Cheetos for too long and passing out due to the tummy ache rather than coming up with some clever mafia scheme. Welcome.

Thanks for the warm welcome, but it was Cool Ranch Doritos.

Vote: CTM

1) Like i've said, go back to my posts. I haven't singled out ANYBODY. Just pointing things i believed was suspicious. But isn't it kind of coincidental that as soon as I bring suspicion to CTM's name and role he immediately deflects it on me? Quite effectively I might add since i've again been talking too much.

CTM, RJF, and Vicious, seem to have day roles. What that means, who knows.

War Ensemble made a reference to a book/movie and a commercial, but his 3rd post was neutral. So I'm excluding him for now having a day role.

I can't see anything for the others yet.

In addition to determining good vs evil roles, what i'm curious about is this: is there a connection between the day role candidates? Also, it's rather obvious their posting limitations would be noticed eventually...they must have some form of protection or way to avoid detection as being mafia/being hit by the mafia, right?

... not liking this post and others..

seems like you are trying to direct traffic without putting anything out there of your own..

also backed down to EY quickly and have tried to play the seemingly innocent "don't make rash decisions" role while continuing to push the game forward. finally, you have made several off handed remarks about the mafia "typically" being silent, while you have been conspicuously vocal yet admit to purposely not saying anything at all.

Me thinks I'd like to see you under some pressure..

unvote

vote Jets Voice of Reason

I happen to think EY is actually voting for me because 1) I've been too loose early on and 2) he wants information. When he sees i'm innocent,(unfortunately post lynch) he immediately will be able to suspect those that pushed for me (CTM and Bleedin green)

i also ask you to consider the interaction between Bleedin Green and CTM. Banter. Joking. lightly accusatory.

My theory is that they got stuck early on because no one was bandwagon lynching. I came out as the person they can exploit because I was the only one overextending myself.

Bleedin Green comes in cold with a theory that can fit my behavior over the course of the thread. Seems to me like they've been discussing strategy and wanted to tag team it.

i also ask you to consider the interaction between Bleedin Green and CTM. Banter. Joking. lightly accusatory.

My theory is that they got stuck early on because no one was bandwagon lynching. I came out as the person they can exploit because I was the only one overextending myself.

Bleedin Green comes in cold with a theory that can fit my behavior over the course of the thread. Seems to me like they've been discussing strategy and wanted to tag team it.

ZBbAZVw3_7A

1) Like i've said, go back to my posts. I haven't singled out ANYBODY. Just pointing things i believed was suspicious. But isn't it kind of coincidental that as soon as I bring suspicion to CTM's name and role he immediately deflects it on me? Quite effectively I might add since i've again been talking too much.

I happen to think EY is actually voting for me because 1) I've been too loose early on and 2) he wants information. When he sees i'm innocent,(unfortunately post lynch) he immediately will be able to suspect those that pushed for me (CTM and Bleedin green)

I wasn't pushing for you as much as trying to clarify some of the suspicion of you. As I even said, your activity doesn't necessarily mean anyway, but its just based on how certain people interpret it. Honestly, at this point in the game there's very little to go on. Particularly when there are number of people who haven't been very active yet. I haven't seen enough of a lot of people to really be sure about anyone, but that's kind of the reality of day one.

More often that not, the people who get targeted on day one are the ones who are hardly heard from that other players get annoyed with, or one of the players who is heavily involved and ends up saying something that draws suspicion. At this point, the best bet is to try to learn as much as possible about each other on day one and then go with a lynch that will also give us the most potential information when the result is revealed. Considering this thread only got rolling late today, it probably makes sense to get some more involvement from others before figuring out what the right moves are.

I wasn't pushing for you as much as trying to clarify some of the suspicion of you. As I even said, your activity doesn't necessarily mean anyway, but its just based on how certain people interpret it. Honestly, at this point in the game there's very little to go on. Particularly when there are number of people who haven't been very active yet. I haven't seen enough of a lot of people to really be sure about anyone, but that's kind of the reality of day one.

More often that not, the people who get targeted on day one are the ones who are hardly heard from that other players get annoyed with, or one of the players who is heavily involved and ends up saying something that draws suspicion. At this point, the best bet is to try to learn as much as possible about each other on day one and then go with a lynch that will also give us the most potential information when the result is revealed. Considering this thread only got rolling late today, it probably makes sense to get some more involvement from others before figuring out what the right moves are.

+1 Theres still about 40 hours left in the day period. No point in rushing anything at this point.

Can you explain why you think Bleedin and I are in cahoots and not EY and I, since EY and I are the two voting for you?

Q What does a bee use to keep her hair so nice?

A: Honeycomb

Can you explain why you think Bleedin and I are in cahoots and not EY and I, since EY and I are the two voting for you?

More interesting is what horrible joke site you've googled to come up with your material.

Sure, once you stop dodging the fact that coincidentally I FOS you early on and then later on bring in your name discussing your role as something to do with day actions. (Not in an accusatory way either) Clearly, the focus of discussion possibly would be on you and your role and you didn't want that did you?

We'll see how Bleedin votes in the future. If i'm indeed right that you are one of the mafia, you are going to be very careful in coordinating this. Bleedin might very well just be holding his vote until it's closer to me being lynched. More importantly, we'll see who starts piling on from now. Would be kind of funny for the mafia not to take this opportunity to get the engine rolling on a lynch now wouldn't it? And if that doesn't occur, doesn't it reflect badly on you for starting it?

I get the impression from JVOR that he's simply trying to get the conversation going. The first day is critical, and it's important to get the most information possible. If a townie is lynched and the mafia proceeds to kill another townie during the night, the town is in a big hole right off the bat.

Vote - Bleedin' Green

I don't like something about his "middle of the road" approach and questioning someone's attempt to get more conversation going. Not much to go on at this point, call it a hunch.

Also, Woody Paige mentioned earlier that he is not a Muppet. Same goes for me.

Sure, once you stop dodging the fact that coincidentally I FOS you early on and then later on bring in your name discussing your role as something to do with day actions. (Not in an accusatory way either) Clearly, the focus of discussion possibly would be on you and your role and you didn't want that did you?

We'll see how Bleedin votes in the future. If i'm indeed right that you are one of the mafia, you are going to be very careful in coordinating this. Bleedin might very well just be holding his vote until it's closer to me being lynched. More importantly, we'll see who starts piling on from now. Would be kind of funny for the mafia not to take this opportunity to get the engine rolling on a lynch now wouldn't it? And if that doesn't occur, doesn't it reflect badly on you for starting it?

4 deflective comments. 1, 2, 3, 4! 4!!! Ah! Ah! Ah!

I get the impression from JVOR that he's simply trying to get the conversation going. The first day is critical, and it's important to get the most information possible. If a townie is lynched and the mafia proceeds to kill another townie during the night, the town is in a big hole right off the bat.

Vote - Bleedin' Green

I don't like something about his "middle of the road" approach and questioning someone's attempt to get more conversation going. Not much to go on at this point, call it a hunch.

Vicious could not have put this any better. Vicious implores the people to read this and think on it. A vote needs to be made.

Vicious could not have put this any better. Vicious implores the people to read this and think on it. A vote needs to be made.

I don't know, I don't get a dirty vibe from anyone yet, really. But I don't think JVoR has been suspicious at all. I think him being so active early just makes him an easy target. The first vote seems to always be a bandwagon, mob-mentality thing. Then it's revealed that the departed is a townie and a collective "D'oh" is heard.

Vote - Bleedin' Green

All I've done is point out why people may think his behavior may be suspicious, I certainly haven't gone after him. Although the problem here is your entire post seems a bit contradictory. You're backing up JVOR because he's trying to stir up conversation in one breath, but in the next you're suspicious of me for that same reason? That seems incredibly inconsistent to say the least. Meanwhile a number of other players have remained almost entirely silent (yourself included) and remain unquestioned as they look to skate through day one.

Yet so far, the only information we've really seem to have gotten is the same we had when a few people first started posting, that it seems like there are some weird requirements for some player's posting.

I don't know, I don't get a dirty vibe from anyone yet, really. But I don't think JVoR has been suspicious at all. I think him being so active early just makes him an easy target. The first vote seems to always be a bandwagon, mob-mentality thing. Then it's revealed that the departed is a townie and a collective "D'oh" is heard.

Agreed, but Vicious believes that some players can turn the mentality of the town if the Mob tries to create that bandwagon mentality. That's why Vicious thinks the play of words between the votes for JVoR has led vicious to his own conclusions.

You can discuss my role all you like, in fact, others have and I never made a vote or FOS against them. Only you.

My vote on you was 100% based on your posts. Posts that you yourself have repeatedly acknowledged were suspicious.

Me thinks it's a scummy thing to start creating sides this early.

Why did Bob throw the clock out the window?

He wanted to see time fly.

Archived