1. 1. Who Should Be The Starting QB For The Albany Firebirds

• Neal Sharma
    • Stephen Wasil
    • Sign A Free Agent

• Replies 757
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Coyotes seek defensive coordinator for 2009

The Central Valley Coyotes are now taking applications for the position of Defensive Coordinator for the 2009 season. The Coyotes have won 34 games over the last three years and are looking to make the playoffs for the fourth year in a row.

A qualified applicant must have at least five years of coaching experience at the professional or college football level, a minimum of two years coaching in the AFL or af2 and must specialize in coaching the defensive line/defensive front. Strong consideration may be made to a candidate that has no coaching experience but has five or more years playing experience in the AFL. All candidates must have a valid driver

Dragons lay off most of coaching, business staffs

BY NEIL BEST | neil.best@newsday.com

December 23, 2008

The Dragons laid off the .majority of their coaching and business staffs Friday in reaction to the Arena Football League's cancellation of its 2009 season, chief operating officer Tim Kelly confirmed yesterday.

Kelly said other teams began letting people go as early as Dec. 15, the day after a conference call among owners put the coming season on ice.

"We wanted to take our time and really evaluate everything and make sure we were doing the right thing by our staff and team," he said.

After discussing the matter with ownership, Kelly dismissed 18 of 22 full-time staff members, roughly half from the football side -- including the entire coaching staff other than head coach Weylan Harding -- and half from the business side.

Kelly lamented the loss of talented people and said they will be welcomed back "with open arms" when the league is ready for what it hopes will be a return for 2010.

"It was probably the toughest thing I've ever had to do," Kelly said of the layoffs, adding that the time of year and state of the larger economy made it even worse. "We held on as long as we could."

The departing coaches will be paid a severance package under the terms of their contracts. Others will be paid only through the end of the calendar year.

The players' union has not announced its next move in the wake of the owners' decision to cancel the season, but it appears nothing can salvage 2009. The teams are planning for 2010.

Charles Wang sold the Dragons to an investment group headed by Steven Silva in July.

Said Kelly, "We're viewing it as a long offseason now."

Because you were hoping to see something like:

me - Do you like Big Brother?

him - What the hell is your problem. Stay the hell away from me!

me- Im just asking will you come and do a chat on Jetnation

him - I've notified the FBI

me- They won't find me because I can hide in bushes.

Because let's face it, he'd actually post it if something like that did happen.

:rl:

• 2 weeks later...
So.... not only are you posting **** about a crappy league that NOBODY othe than you cares about but you are not even giving credit to whoever the original author is (considering you barely can speak English I know you didn't write the article).

He never gives a link...

Of course.

what is your name in the chat my friend

i hope you ask him about football

Dan Gheesling - Varsity Football Assistant Coach

Dan is in his 2nd year of coaching Eaglet football, and will coach the running backs and outside linebackers. In 2005 and 2006 he coached defensive ends and cornerbacks as a Graduate Assistant Coach at Michigan State University . He has also interned with the Detroit Lions in their mini-camps and training camps in 2003 and 2004. Dan received his Bachelor's degree in Business in 2005 and his Master's degree in Kinesiology in 2006, both from Michigan State University . He joined the St. Mary's Preparatory staff in 2007 and teaches Biology and Physical Education.

Dan is in his 2nd year of coaching Eaglet football, and will coach the running backs and outside linebackers. In 2005 and 2006 he coached defensive ends and cornerbacks as a Graduate Assistant Coach at Michigan State University . He has also interned with the Detroit Lions in their mini-camps and training camps in 2003 and 2004. Dan received his Bachelor's degree in Business in 2005 and his Master's degree in Kinesiology in 2006, both from Michigan State University . He joined the St. Mary's Preparatory staff in 2007 and teaches Biology and Physical Education.

I asked him if he likes licking cum off of other housemates bellies...

The question never went through. :confused:

Archived