Dwight Lowery

bear

So with the addition of Shepard, possibly Leohnard,and Ivery. Where does Lowery fit in? Revis,and Shepard will start.Rhodes,and Leohnard are our safeties. Ivery is slated to be our nickle back.To be a late round pick I thought Lowery showed a lot of promise last season.

So with the addition of Shepard, possibly Leohnard,and Ivery. Where does Lowery fit in? Revis,and Shepard will start.Rhodes,and Leohnard are our safeties. Ivery is slated to be our nickle back.To be a late round pick I thought Lowery showed a lot of promise last season.

Take this for what its worth and consider the source.

Last night on NFL Network, when breaking down the Sheppard trade, Mike Lombardi mentioned that "the Jets already have two good young corners so Sheppard will possibly be used primarily as a nickelback and in blitz packages."

I would be surprised if Sheppard couldn't beat out Lowery for the starting spot opposite Revis but it looks like Lowery will be a part of this team.

If nothing else, he represents solid depth at the position.

Last night on NFL Network, when breaking down the Sheppard trade, Mike Lombardi mentioned that "the Jets already have two good young corners so Sheppard will possibly be used primarily as a nickelback and in blitz packages."

I would be surprised if Sheppard couldn't beat out Lowery for the starting spot opposite Revis but it looks like Lowery will be a part of this team.

You said it.

DEPTH.

Agreed, sage. I will go on record that Lowery will be a star, and stud corner. Outside of a few rookie mistakes, that kid played great last year. Guaranteed, Bellicheat would love us to cut Lowery so he could turn him into an All-Pro. Forget Mangini and uber-dunce Sutton's approach. A true defensive-minded genius like Rex Ryan will bring Lowery's talent to the fore.

the speed of the game can overwhelm some players at first. that's why at times Lowery struggled. one of the things he needs to work on is technique. if he solidifies that, he'll be formidable. he's not really fast but he's got quickness, and that is quite important

the speed of the game can overwhelm some players at first. that's why at times Lowery struggled. one of the things he needs to work on is technique. if he solidifies that, he'll be formidable. he's not really fast but he's got quickness, and that is quite important

Barrett and Law are gone. Poteat I'm sure is gone. So, plenty of play left for Lowery.

You never have enough good corners and I think, based on the $10M contract bonus Sheppard will be a one year wonder. The Jets aren't paying $10M bonuses. I think Lowery will play alot and improve significantly from last year.

All option bonuses are treated like signing bonuses and would not have a 10 mil cap hit. If he his healthy this year and produces as he did in the past it is a lock that the Jets pick up that contract.

Agreed. Your post is right on with this kid.:cheers:

Lowery would make a good dime back. that's about it.

I disagree. Lowery is a good player and he may never be a true #2. But I think he can be a very good nickelback in the mold of Mickens except bigger and stronger.

He is a natural football player. Not too many 4th round CB step into a starters role and dont have their ups and downs. Like typical Jets fans, he gets burned a couple of times during his rookie year, and he sucks already.

And the old saying goes, a great pass rush can make any CB look all-pro.

I disagree. Lowery is a good player and he may never be a true #2. But I think he can be a very good nickelback in the mold of Mickens except bigger and stronger.

He is a natural football player. Not too many 4th round CB step into a starters role and dont have their ups and downs. Like typical Jets fans, he gets burned a couple of times during his rookie year, and he sucks already.

This is all true. Lowery is a good tackler and has a good football sense, just lacks "top shelf speed." He may never be a starting CB in the NFL but he can be a key contributor on a good team.

Dwight Looooowwery!

I'd rather sign an orange pilon. At least it can cover a little bit of the field.

I felt like Lowery was a bit like Otis Smith. The guy either had perfect coverage and made a great play or got beat for a TD. He let up a lot of big plays but you need to consider the fact nobody wanted to challenge Revis so people were not exactly picking on him as much as they were trying to avoid the other side of the field.

I think he plays a very tight man coverage and as a rookie hes got a lot of room to grow. Not sure Sheppard is as good as everyone around here is hoping for. Then again I'm not saying he isn't either I just think expectations need to be limited and I wouldn't be surprised to see a pretty nice competition for the starting role our there.

Archived