J.J. Putz= Aaron Heilman

Lil Bit Special

about the comparison to Heilman? No. Putz looked like he was lost on the mound today against scrubs from AA and A ball. I know its still early, but as a Mets fan i was having terrible flashbacks to last year.

You do understand the point of spring training. Right?

Wouldn't you rather players suck in spring, and do well in the regular season?

Did I say that? No.

I want my players to perform up to their abilities.

The bullpen was dogsh!t last year. And now one of our key acquisitions goes out and cant even shut down minor leaguers? Sorry. Im bummed. Whether its spring or not, he looked awful and lost.

When you Yankee fans have 2 straight collapses and miss the playoffs by one game two straight years you can talk to me how to feel about my sh!tty team.

Currently, Putz has the best name in sports for comedic purposes. ( Yes, I know he pronounces it Pootz, but I know the truth, etymologically speaking.) I can't wait for some local sportscaster to say something like "Putz is heading for the mound", "Putz really filled the Mets' need", "Putz likes long relief", or "Putz stunk today". I'm counting the days until the Mets' season starts. It can't get here fast enough.

Just watched J.J. Putz blow a 2 run lead in the bottom of the 9th against the Toronto Blue Jays scrubs and allow 3 runs to lose. Only got 1 friggin out (on a sac bunt!)

You suck J.J. Putz. I hate you already.

Getting paranoid crazy about a blow save in the first week of March is damn silly. If it happens and often when the season starts for real, then worry.

Currently, Putz has the best name in sports for comedic purposes. ( Yes, I know he pronounces it Pootz, but I know the truth, etymologically speaking.)

yeah that's like a teacher i had in high school. name was mr. weiner. he pronounced it "whiner". we just called him mr. weiner anyway, lol.

Its a new day. After the sick feeling J.J. Heilman gave me yesterday, I decided to feel better by having a burger from Five Guys with my Dad.

That made me feel a lot better about Aaron Putz' (is it Putz' or Putz'es? Borgo? )

Had the bacon cheeseburger, shared the large fried, and had some Pibb Xtra. Nothing cures a broken heart better than a Pibb xtra. The liquid crack settled me down... for now.

So its a new day and luckily Putz shouldnt be pitching against the Phillies today. Now Wright can continue sucking as a member of the USA team and become my new target of anger.

But I still hate JJ.

Getting paranoid crazy about a blow save in the first week of March is damn silly. If it happens and often when the season starts for real, then worry.

I need something to be angry about. The islanders have sucked all season. I've accepted the overall suckiness of UMass basketball and hockey. NBA is boring. So I need something to be mad about. And his name is Putz.

Its a new day. After the sick feeling J.J. Heilman gave me yesterday, I decided to feel better by having a burger from Five Guys with my Dad.

That made me feel a lot better about Aaron Putz' (is it Putz' or Putz'es? Borgo? )

Had the bacon cheeseburger, shared the large fried, and had some Pibb Xtra. Nothing cures a broken heart better than a Pibb xtra. The liquid crack settled me down... for now.

So its a new day and luckily Putz shouldnt be pitching against the Phillies today. Now Wright can continue sucking as a member of the USA team and become my new target of anger.

But I still hate JJ.

I'm old school. I learned from those insane nuns that it's just an apostrophe after an X, Z, or S. So, I would go with Putz', BFF.

yeah that's like a teacher i had in high school. name was mr. weiner. he pronounced it "whiner". we just called him mr. weiner anyway, lol.

We had a teacher in high school named Ms. Hore. Not joking.

So we all insisted that her first name was "Ima". It wasn't, but to a bunch of high school guys, that was hysterical.

btw...i meant to also say......chill out about jj dude. it's the beginning of spring training. this is the time of year they have to spend getitng their feel back for throwing the baseball and facing hitters. no big deal to have a bad game in the beginning of spring training. and, truth be told, he will ikely even have a bad game or 2 during the season. that's the problem with being human......can't always be perfect.

btw...i meant to also say......chill out about jj dude. it's the beginning of spring training. this is the time of year they have to spend getitng their feel back for throwing the baseball and facing hitters. no big deal to have a bad game in the beginning of spring training. and, truth be told, he will ikely even have a bad game or 2 during the season. that's the problem with being human......can't always be perfect.

Even Mo Rivera has games like that. I seriously can't imaging life without him. ND, I'm a Yankees fan, but as a Mets fan do you think that the fact that Mo is across town influences the perception of how a closer should perform for Met fans?

I do think Putz is going to be a VERY nice addition in the 8th. I guarantee he tries the hardest he can in case Frankie Rodriguez starts sucking, so he can be the closer.

Even Mo Rivera has games like that. I seriously can't imaging life without him. ND, I'm a Yankees fan, but as a Mets fan do you think that the fact that Mo is across town influences the perception of how a closer should perform for Met fans?

I do think Putz is going to be a VERY nice addition in the 8th. I guarantee he tries the hardest he can in case Frankie Rodriguez starts sucking, so he can be the closer.

i think mo just sets the bar way too high. i don't think you can realistically expect every guy who comes in to perform like that. it's like when the mets had piazza for catcher. after he's gone and we have a guy like schneider...and we're like who the fu*k is this guy? he sucks. not really, just that we expect our catcher to hit .320 and have 35 homeruns. you just get spoiled when you have a player like mo. it's juts like you say...you can't imagine the 9th inning without him......and you don't look forward to when he's gone....cause then you have to go back to a mortal player.

i think mo just sets the bar way too high. i don't think you can realistically expect every guy who comes in to perform like that. it's like when the mets had piazza for catcher. after he's gone and we have a guy like schneider...and we're like who the fu*k is this guy? he sucks. not really, just that we expect our catcher to hit .320 and have 35 homeruns. you just get spoiled when you have a player like mo. it's juts like you say...you can't imagine the 9th inning without him......and you don't look forward to when he's gone....cause then you have to go back to a mortal player.

Being a Yankee fan I'm biased... but I think there's Mo... and then every other closer in the game. And to be honest the Mets have two really good ones. Just cause of one spring training game doesn't make him Heilman. Putz and K-Rod are gonna win the Mets plenty of games.

Being a Yankee fan I'm biased... but I think there's Mo... and then every other closer in the game. And to be honest the Mets have two really good ones. Just cause of one spring training game doesn't make him Heilman. Putz and K-Rod are gonna win the Mets plenty of games.

well the guy jusy had, arguably, his best season ever and he's freakin' 40. i'd say he's the best closer ever. you have to think that age is gonna catch up with him sometime soon......but he hasn't shown the signs yet. i though 2007 was the start...but aparrently not.

We had a teacher in high school named Ms. Hore. Not joking.

So we all insisted that her first name was "Ima". It wasn't, but to a bunch of high school guys, that was hysterical.

This is priceless. I still live for these situations, as you cannot--believably--write that stuff. I hope that the Creator--in his infinite wisdom--made sure that her maiden name was Little.

Brad Lidge was perfect last year. And look where that got the Phillies....

Just watched J.J. Putz blow a 2 run lead in the bottom of the 9th against the Toronto Blue Jays scrubs and allow 3 runs to lose. Only got 1 friggin out (on a sac bunt!)

You suck J.J. Putz. I hate you already.

Too early to hate ,the season hasn't even started yet. Plenty of hate to come. Just like last year with you and me LBS. :)

Too early to hate ,the season hasn't even started yet. Plenty of hate to come. Just like last year with you and me LBS. :)

Im in spring training as a fan... I need time to work on my hate for this team of misfits.

This was my first major test to see if I have the strength to deal with another mets season. Next test is Sat at St Lucie... I'll know then if Im ready for another season.

:D

Archived