Jets re-sign Feely to one-year deal

BF4LC87

He's a choker.

D_IMAGE.107b89f72e2.93.88.fa.d0.1ee2f0c3.jpg

TRUTH Barton, TRUTH.

How many in a row did he miss that game?

3? 4?

EDIT: It was 3.

NFL Roundup: Missed kicks doom Giants

November 28, 2005

Associated Press

SEATTLE – New York Giants place kicker Jay Feely missed three game-winning field goal attempts – one late in regulation and two in overtime – and the Seattle Seahawks stole a 24-21 win on a 36-yard overtime field goal by Josh Brown.

Feely failed on the final play of regulation from 40 yards, then couldn't hit from 54 and 45 yards in the extra session. Seattle used a 38-yard pass from Matt Hasselbeck to D.J. Hackett to get close for a 36-yarder from Josh Brown to win 24-21.

Mike Nugent, career: 81.5% on field goals

Jay Feely, career: 81.4% on field goals

And that's even counting Feely's first four years, where he was pretty effng erratic. The last four years, Feely has hit 83, 85, 91, and 86 percent of his kicks. Nugent's career high was 89%. Aside from one year, he has never had a season where he made more than 80.6% of his kicks. Jay Feely hasn't had a season that weak since 2004, when the Nuge was giving Herman a hard-on while in Columbus.

Mike Nugent, career: 81.5% on field goals

Jay Feely, career: 81.4% on field goals

And that's even counting Feely's first four years, where he was pretty effng erratic. The last four years, Feely has hit 83, 85, 91, and 86 percent of his kicks. Nugent's career high was 89%. Aside from one year, he has never had a season where he made more than 80.6% of his kicks. Jay Feely hasn't had a season that weak since 2004, when the Nuge was giving Herman a hard-on while in Columbus.

So are you trying to say that Mike Nugent is the next Jay Feely? ;)

Not the worst thing in the world, but I really hope they bring in some competition. No need to go crazy or anything, an UDFA will be fine. I just don't trust Feely. The guy is completely unreliable, has been for a long time now. He had a good run with the Jets late in the season granted, but just about every kick he made during that time period was either pretty short or very short. He missed numerous big kicks between 30 to 40 yards and the only time he hit anything of a decent length was on his SECOND try in the Oakland game and to add 3 points to the St. Louis demolishment.

Feely is NOT the kind of guy you want lining up for game winning kicks for you. Do we need to forget that this is the guy who had a bigger meltdown than Doug Brien a few years back? If not, just ask all your Giants fans friends, they'll remind you. I understand the reasoning, but the guy just isn't that good.

Not the worst thing in the world, but I really hope they bring in some competition. No need to go crazy or anything, an UDFA will be fine. I just don't trust Feely. The guy is completely unreliable, has been for a long time now. He had a good run with the Jets late in the season granted, but just about every kick he made during that time period was either pretty short or very short. He missed numerous big kicks between 30 to 40 yards and the only time he hit anything of a decent length was on his SECOND try in the Oakland game and to add 3 points to the St. Louis demolishment.

Feely is NOT the kind of guy you want lining up for game winning kicks for you. Do we need to forget that this is the guy who had a bigger meltdown than Doug Brien a few years back? If not, just ask all your Giants fans friends, they'll remind you. I understand the reasoning, but the guy just isn't that good.

He signed a fully guaranteed contract. He's not going to be part of a competition.

I can't wait until he blows meaningful games for us (when the score is within 3 or tied) just like he did for the Giants. :cussing:

Just to say you were right ? Spoken like a great Jets fan . :P For the record your buddy Nugent didn't resign with us. What would you have us do ?

All of you are ****ed in the head if you think Jay Feely is solid or a reliable kicker. Yeah, good luck with that. We arn't beating anyone 30-3, this is going to be a team that wins 13-10, 16-14 type games.

Yeah, Go Feely.

I'd rather have Doug Brien out there.

You know who you sound like now? Coles .... Right after they cut Penny. Whined, stomped his feet and cried like a little bitch.

Feely played excellent for us and made some big kicks.

Plus he kicked 91% for Miami the year before.That's fine with me. It's just that there goes ANOTHER commodity out the door for free, oh well, nothin you could do there, I guess.

It's not like he was "special".

If Nugent was any good, Mike T with all his cap room would have either made a serious run to re-sign him or franchise him. Nugent is a mediocre K at best, who is stung by being a 2nd rounder.

I didn't mind taking Nugent in the 2nd because he was projected to be an elite K. He never remotely approached that. Thus, he's gone. The bottom line is that if he was a better K he'd still be on the team.

If Nugent was any good, Mike T with all his cap room would have either made a serious run to re-sign him or franchise him. Nugent is a mediocre K at best, who is stung by being a 2nd rounder.

I didn't mind taking Nugent in the 2nd because he was projected to be an elite K. He never remotely approached that. Thus, he's gone. The bottom line is that if he was a better K he'd still be on the team.

Agreed, but it doesn't change the fact that Feely blows too. Why can't we be like a normal team and get a decent guy who can make some kicks as an UDFA?

Agreed, but it doesn't change the fact that Feely blows too. Why can't we be like a normal team and get a decent guy who can make some kicks as an UDFA?

Because those K are all signed up. But then you got stupid teams like the Bucs who signed Nugent while they already have a better K on the roster.

But I like Feely. He got hot late making big kicks. I feel fine going into the season with him.

Because those K are all signed up. But then you got stupid teams like the Bucs who signed Nugent while they already have a better K on the roster.

But I like Feely. He got hot late making big kicks. I feel fine going into the season with him.

I simply have no faith in Feely in big pressure situations. And as far as I'm concerned, if you're a kicker who can't be counted on in pressure situations, you're friggin' useless. Just about any kicker out there can make meaningless kicks from 30 yards with regularity.

I simply have no faith in Feely in big pressure situations. And as far as I'm concerned, if you're a kicker who can't be counted on in pressure situations, you're friggin' useless. Just about any kicker out there can make meaningless kicks from 30 yards with regularity.

We just need to draft a punter and a kicker with our #1 and #2 picks. BANK ON IT.

Seriously, I can't remember the last Jets K I had faith in in a big pressure situation. Can you?

But at least Feely is automatic on the PATs; that couldn't be said about Nugent.

The bottom line is that I have as much faith in Feely in big spots as I have had for any other K I can remember for the Jets. Having ultra confidence in a K would be new for me.

Seriously, I can't remember the last Jets K I had faith in in a big pressure situation. Can you?

But at least Feely is automatic on the PATs; that couldn't be said about Nugent.

The bottom line is that I have as much faith in Feely in big spots as I have had for any other K I can remember for the Jets. Having ultra confidence in a K would be new for me.

True enough, but it's a freakin' kicker. This should NOT be that hard.

I'm fine with Feely too. Nugent was always an adventure , even on PAT's.

Archived