Mafia Game 3 - Not All in the Family..

CTM

+1

Over 7 hours passed between your initial vote and the time he said he was going to sleep and he said nothing. Bleedin what makes you think that may change and how much time are you willing to give him?

I suppose there isn't much he'd say or do that changes my minds as its nothing that he's done which has me hesitant to begin with. Its just that if anything I've learned that fast moving bandwagons are almost a sure sign that the player in question is not mafia. That is unless, of course, the bandwagon is actually being pushed by other mafia members against a fellow teammate. Under normal circumstances he'd be my likely choice for vote, but the way this played out just has me very wary.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Few Things:

1) We're still waiting on SMC to clarify his "role" statement. Since it's been pointed out, he hasn't addressed it. I highly doubt it was an accident. What that means about his alignment I don't quite know. I'm willing to switch my vote if he doesn't at least try to clarify what that meant. I mean, if he's telling the truth about having a role, doesn't that make him a NK target? I just don't understand him saying something like that with no pressure on him to do so.

2) We're also waiting on IJ to post tomorrow and state his case. I found his aggression on JMJ to be uncharacteristic of his past play because from past games I've seen him be more cautious and not really willing to commit unless he has to do so or feels confident enough in his instincts. Not that JMJ didn't have his share of suspicious behavior, but IJ's reactions under pressure came off to me as odd and unlike the type of defense he's put up in the past.

Maybe it's my style of play but I can't stand waiting for people. You give mafia more time to plant seeds of doubt and cause uncertainty. You give them time that IF you got one, time to figure out a plan B to clear their scum buddies name and move onto a next target.

You're giving them the best weapon they have, time.

I suppose there isn't much he'd say or do that changes my minds as its nothing that he's done which has me hesitant to begin with. Its just that if anything I've learned that fast moving bandwagons are almost a sure sign that the player in question is not mafia. That is unless, of course, the bandwagon is actually being pushed by other mafia members against a fellow teammate. Under normal circumstances he'd be my likely choice for vote, but the way this played out just has me very wary.

If you think it's fast, then we need to figure out how quickly everyone voted. It's a simple solution, this day 1 has been epically long. And to your point even if IJ is killed we will benefit by studying who voted for him. That much is clear, the fact that you're willing to continue to allow time makes me curious. You more then anyone knows it gives scum more time to lay traps for the town.

Few Things:

1) We're still waiting on SMC to clarify his "role" statement. Since it's been pointed out, he hasn't addressed it. I highly doubt it was an accident. What that means about his alignment I don't quite know. I'm willing to switch my vote if he doesn't at least try to clarify what that meant. I mean, if he's telling the truth about having a role, doesn't that make him a NK target? I just don't understand him saying something like that with no pressure on him to do so.

2) We're also waiting on IJ to post tomorrow and state his case. I found his aggression on JMJ to be uncharacteristic of his past play because from past games I've seen him be more cautious and not really willing to commit unless he has to do so or feels confident enough in his instincts. Not that JMJ didn't have his share of suspicious behavior, but IJ's reactions under pressure came off to me as odd and unlike the type of defense he's put up in the past.

"Role" vs. "Roll" What does it matter? No one would believe either reason, so it's best to just let it go and move on.

If I'm a NK target, so be it. We're all NK targets. Besides, if I'm killed at night then you'd definately have your suspects in the morning. This is all about the family and whacking rats. Lets look at the rats.

I agree with EY in the notion that why should we give Irish another 10 hours to talk if he's said nothing in 7. Heck, he didn't want to give JMJ 5 minutes to explain but he wants 17 hours to do it?

If Irish is scum, I have a good idea who else is. But we have to see CTM's reveal.

Sorry Vic, I didn;t check this kinda hear it and went with it. So you think Irish is scum, or you just ready to get to night?

It's all good my intimidating friend.

Honestly I think he's scum. I think that his scum buddies want to buy him time. And I think he has been pro-town twice and got a little to aggressive being scum.

If I am wrong... like I said to BG I think we can study how quickly he was voted for, who piled on when? What was their activity like post-vote? These things can clue us in on Mafia piling on to lock up that lynch on an innocent.

It's all good my intimidating friend.

Honestly I think he's scum. I think that his scum buddies want to buy him time. And I think he has been pro-town twice and got a little to aggressive being scum.

If I am wrong... like I said to BG I think we can study how quickly he was voted for, who piled on when? What was their activity like post-vote? These things can clue us in on Mafia piling on to lock up that lynch on an innocent.

What you think of SMC. He scares me.

Wow you haven't voted yet Bleedin?

Not exactly, I was initially the first vote on JT but recently unvoted. I'm strongly considering a vote on IJ, but feel like the turn of events has me less convinced of his guilt. Although as has been since pointed out, the likelihood of hitting mafia on day one is remote and at this point we're trying to gather information. The more I think about it, I'm just deciding whether or not there's a point in waiting further or to just drop the hammer on IJ myself.

What you think of SMC. He scares me.

I think he's still suspicious, he's jumped from wagon to wagon... yet been public about it. The role thing might be something to throw the scent off of him. I'm curious to see what is going to happen once a lynch does happen. I know EY is gonna be thrown to the front, but I got SMC still not far removed from that 2/3 spot.

Ah **** it, while I hate the idea of getting rushed into things (and lets be honest, some of you are doing a fair bit of nudging right now :P), I don't have the patience for this crap. Besides, the more I think about it, the less I like the idea of waiting another 12 f'n hours. This is pretty much an inevitability anyway, as someone is bound to drop the hammer sooner or later out of impatience if nothing else. Oh well, lets hope this works out. IJ is acting like scum and one very valid point brought up by Vic, is either way we've been given some ammo to work with on this guy. Here goes nothing:

Vote: Irish Jet

Ah **** it, while I hate the idea of getting rushed into things (and lets be honest, some of you are doing a fair bit of nudging right now :P), I don't have the patience for this crap. Besides, the more I think about it, the less I like the idea of waiting another 12 f'n hours. This is pretty much an inevitability anyway, as someone is bound to drop the hammer sooner or later out of impatience if nothing else. Oh well, lets hope this works out. IJ is acting like scum and one very valid point brought up by Vic, is either way we've been given some ammo to work with on this guy. Here goes nothing:

Excellent.

Guys can we get someone to go back and pull up the voting pattern that occurred on IJ with an idea on times?

sigh

The moment of truth.

Well thats that. Now its the waiting game. I hope we got this right.

Final Vote Count

JMJ (1) Irish

Jets Things (1) Sharrow,

SMC (3) Dan X, Doggin94it, Shutout, Crusher

WoodyPaige (1) JT

Sharrow (1) Norway

Irish Jet (10) EY, Woody, SMC, Vic, JVOR, Slats, JMJ, AVM, JIF, Bleedin'

With 18 alive, it takes 10 to whack

Archived