Mafia Game 3 - Not All in the Family..

CTM

I'm settling for EY's explanation of his behavior towards SMC for now. Like Shutout said, though, I'm feeling particularly wary of intelligent, experienced players who have so much influence over people ...

And I'm still extremely suspicious of SMC. I forgot about the following quote but wanted to bring it up again because it smells fishy to me:

There's 3 votes against me. Doggin flipped from Sharrow to me without valid reasoning.

This coming after Doggin did, in fact, explain himself. And I find it hard to believe that SMC really can't see why people would vote for him.

Doggin then explained himself again, to which SMC never responded. He hasn't said much at all since returning, yet the rest of us continue speculating about him ...

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Outside of pulling a newb in getting overly defensive the first time I was ever accused in one of these games, what exactly makes you feel so strong that I'm scum? You've mentioned it multiple times now.

Mostly your IJ vote.....

Realize I screwed up my earlier post:

If you read above, you say you felt strongly that I was scum due "mostly" to my Irish vote. You selected me as the person to lynch almost 48 hours ago. I selected IJ about 3 hours ago.

Something doesn't seem right there...

Since you asked, Dan, here's my response to Doggin's point and why I claim his vote lacks valid reasoning (note, I didn't say it lacked any reasoning):

So, I've pointed to:

1) Bandwagoning

2) WIFOM defense of bandwagoning

3) Clear stretching on Jets Things

1) Bandwagoning. Why is blatent bandwagoning suspicious? Seriously. For scum bandwagoning to be successful it has to be (a) inconspicuous and (B) late enough for an effective kill. My bandwagonning doesn't fit into either.

You know what would have been suspicious? Me bandwagonning, denying it, and then not doing it again.

2) I have no freakin clue what WIFOM stands for

3) Clear stretching on Jets Thing--that's when Doggin claimed JT lied. I failed to realize Doggin was joking. LOL. Silly me. I took Doggin's point too literal.

As to your point about people focusing on me, it's not my fault people wish to be distracted from finding rats. I've bandwagonned. Big deal. I admitted it and will do it again whenever a semi-compelling argument is made against someone.

Let's recap the reasons behind votes on Day 1.

A) Inactivity by a number of people

B) Being over defensive by JMJ

C) Double standard response by Irish

D) Blatant Bandwagonning.

Of the 4, which seems least suspicious of all? If people don't think that Irish should be whacked, then people should change their votes. There is no need to waste time on this red hering of EY. It's an interesting theory, but it doesn't match all the facts. Let's focus to what we have at hand.

Irish is close to lynching. I didn't like his duplicitous response to JMJ and EY. That's why I'm comfortable with my vote. What about the others?

Is there anything herring-related in this game? Genuine question. Since this is also the second time SMC has misspelled "herring" as "hering".

Thanks. It was a mispelling. I meant red herring.

2) I have no freakin clue what WIFOM stands for

There is no need to waste time on this red hering of EY. It's an interesting theory, but it doesn't match all the facts. Let's focus to what we have at hand.

Irish is close to lynching. I didn't like his duplicitous response to JMJ and EY. That's why I'm comfortable with my vote. What about the others?

2) Neither do I.

Perhaps take some comfort in the fact that if IJ is lynched and turns up innocent, EY, ringleader of the lynch, immediately becomes suspect.

I joked about it before, it wouldn't be too much of a stretch to imagine that you and SMC could have set this up. He can draw attention to himself in a weird way that doesn't fit his past way of playing, and you, a trusted and experienced player, can conveniently suggest that he might have a Village Idiot role. ;) Just saying, anything's possible.

What would that accomplish this early in the game? Unless it's a prelude to a role reveal in the nature shutout suggested. I guess we will have to see.

For now I'm not going to vote Irish Jet simply because he seems scummy, but a lot of other people are weirding me the hell out at this point. EY, Doggin, and SMC are giving me the creeps.

1. SMC: His play is very pecualiar and seems much more so with the attention and the hinting of a role or roll if you must.

2. EY: Is already stting up the people he wants to kill like a guess list for his house warming party. Very aggressive, cvan't tell if it's good or bad.

3. Doggin: The Jedi Master himself, seems at this point to be more on the light side for now. Though in my opinion is way more dnagerous if he's not.

It does seem like some sort of smokescreen or something is in play. Irish may be guilty but it doesn't seem his aggression is as big of a deal it seems to be being made. I myself get pretty hostile when Im accused. Now last game moreso because of my role, and I felt insulted, but confronting someone who accuses you isn't that foreign to me. Ha ha I made a funny.

I say SMC and EY stand out the most. Lastgame rolerevelas made the game absolutely insane, and I felt everyone witht eh help of what I knew at night. Being the day one i will put my vote: SMC withEY as a close second. They seem to be doing something together honestly. I would just like to know what it is. All these smart dudes irritate the less than gifted like myself.

2) Neither do I.

Perhaps take some comfort in the fact that if IJ is lynched and turns up innocent, EY, ringleader of the lynch, immediately becomes suspect.

Sometimes you need to be confident to get things done. I'll deal with the consequences if I'm wrong.

I say SMC and EY stand out the most. Lastgame rolerevelas made the game absolutely insane, and I felt everyone witht eh help of what I knew at night. Being the day one i will put my vote: SMC withEY as a close second. They seem to be doing something together honestly. I would just like to know what it is. All these smart dudes irritate the less than gifted like myself.

Ah yes.

SMC and I are so devious that we created this character where he jumped from bandwagon to bandwagon, then I moronically put heat on my buddy, realizing that it wouldn't go away because my thoughts held legitimacy based on the character we created.

Then, as a last ditch effort I came up with another explaination, because oops, I put too much heat on my buddy on day one.

And rather than cutting my loses, and going back to the pressure that I created, exoneratting myself and losing my brother in the process, I decided to defend him so that when he died, and turned up scum, I'd be the obvious next target.

You figured us out. I forefiet.

If you read above, you say you felt strongly that I was scum due "mostly" to my Irish vote. You selected me as the person to lynch almost 48 hours ago. I selected IJ about 3 hours ago.

That in addition to your behavior after getting a few votes earlier. "Noob" is an acceptable defense, but it's also the only card to play, so it doesn't make you any less scummy, imo, just gives you alibi.

I'm headed off to bed guys, won't be able to get to a computer until tomorrow afternoon, around 4 or 5 but hopefully that's enough time to take part in a discussion rather than trying to catch up on 5 pages worth of discussions at the end of the night.

Vote Count

JMJ (1) Irish

Jets Things (1) Sharrow,

SMC (3) Dan X, Doggin94it, Shutout, Crusher

WoodyPaige (1) JT

Sharrow (1) Norway

Irish Jet (9) EY, Woody, SMC, Vic, JVOR, Slats, JMJ, AVM, JIF

With 18 alive, it takes 10 to whack

Amd why are you getting so concerned again, what do you have, 2 votes? While IJ has 9. Not much to worry about, is there? But you need to ask me wtice in 17 minutes?

Serious FOS - JMJ

Ah yes.

SMC and I are so devious that we created this character where he jumped from bandwagon to bandwagon, then I moronically put heat on my buddy, realizing that it wouldn't go away because my thoughts held legitimacy based on the character we created.

Then, as a last ditch effort I came up with another explaination, because oops, I put too much heat on my buddy on day one.

And rather than cutting my loses, and going back to the pressure that I created, exoneratting myself and losing my brother in the process, I decided to defend him so that when he died, and turned up scum, I'd be the obvious next target.

Don't mess with a man on a steady diet of pineapplez and bacon. It's brain food.

Ah yes.

So you see my confusion? Your always their for me EY. Love you (no homo).

Almost 7 hours, and 5 pages is 'moved WAY too fast'?

The time your vote went in was irrelevant to my point. Rather the fact that from a certain point forward almost everyone who was posting was switching their votes over to IJ at the same time. Given this is a group who hasn't been able to agree on much of anything in days, the rapidity of this development gives me a little cause for concern. I'm sure you see it as justified given your stance on the situation and how most are essentially following your lead, but I'm a little hesitant to put IJ into hammer dropping territory after such a quick flurry of votes. As far as I'm concerned, he's now promised answers by 11/12 tomorrow, if I don't like what I hear then I'll gladly get on board, but right now I'm seeing a lot of "yeah, what EY said" going on which makes me wary of whats going on, one possible option being you setup as the fall guy by the mafia who know you're wrong. Or maybe I'm reading too much into things. Even if that is the case, I see no way in which waiting to hear from IJ hurts anything.

Don't mess with a man on a steady diet of pineapplez and bacon. It's brain food.

You insist on breaking my balls. I don't really like to eat the pinezapplaz, it's freakin fruit for the love of God. I just like to drape them on my humungous frame to show the world how hospitable I am. Now Bacon? I could **** bacon if I wasn;t afraid I might accidently eat it afterwords.

You insist on breaking my balls. I don't really like to eat the pinezapplaz, it's freakin fruit for the love of God. I just like to drape them on my humungous frame to show the world how hospitable I am. Now Bacon? I could **** bacon if I wasn;t afraid I might accidently eat it afterwords.

I<3u

Pineapplez are also doable, especially the dole slices, they have holes in them already.

Because my number 1 is so far ahead of my number 2 in terms of how suspicious I am of them that I'm not budging for today. I haven't yet seen any answer from SMC to my questions, and your lifeline of the village idiot role (which makes no sense in this game) is making me more suspicious of you than happier with SMC. And given that you're the guy cheerleading the IJ lynch . . . well, lets just say I'm not itching to vote IJ.

It could make sense under one circumstance:

Reg.5587.5.jpg

:biggrin:

Even if that is the case, I see no way in which waiting to hear from IJ hurts anything.

He's posted 10 times since my accusation. 11 if you count one that wasn't related.

If there was new information, it would have been presented.

Fact is, he's got nothing. Absolutely nothing.

The other fact is... you know it.

And the misspelling of "role", which everyone's making such a fuss about it?

Man, did I want an answer to this one!

SMC is happily answering questions at 11:07, and is gone at 11:11. What's up with that?

He's posted 10 times since my accusation. 11 if you count one that wasn't related.

If there was new information, it would have been presented.

Fact is, he's got nothing. Absolutely nothing.

The other fact is... you know it.

+1

Over 7 hours passed between your initial vote and the time he said he was going to sleep and he said nothing. Bleedin what makes you think that may change and how much time are you willing to give him?

The time your vote went in was irrelevant to my point. Rather the fact that from a certain point forward almost everyone who was posting was switching their votes over to IJ at the same time. Given this is a group who hasn't been able to agree on much of anything in days, the rapidity of this development gives me a little cause for concern. I'm sure you see it as justified given your stance on the situation and how most are essentially following your lead, but I'm a little hesitant to put IJ into hammer dropping territory after such a quick flurry of votes. As far as I'm concerned, he's now promised answers by 11/12 tomorrow, if I don't like what I hear then I'll gladly get on board, but right now I'm seeing a lot of "yeah, what EY said" going on which makes me wary of whats going on, one possible option being you setup as the fall guy by the mafia who know you're wrong. Or maybe I'm reading too much into things. Even if that is the case, I see no way in which waiting to hear from IJ hurts anything.

At this point it only helps bad guys. More confusion, more talking, more BS for them to weave. We have enough information and ideas flowing that the result of the lynch will be setting us up quite nicely. EY knows this clearly, he said he knows what the consequences are.

Few Things:

1) We're still waiting on SMC to clarify his "role" statement. Since it's been pointed out, he hasn't addressed it. I highly doubt it was an accident. What that means about his alignment I don't quite know. I'm willing to switch my vote if he doesn't at least try to clarify what that meant. I mean, if he's telling the truth about having a role, doesn't that make him a NK target? I just don't understand him saying something like that with no pressure on him to do so.

2) We're also waiting on IJ to post tomorrow and state his case. I found his aggression on JMJ to be uncharacteristic of his past play because from past games I've seen him be more cautious and not really willing to commit unless he has to do so or feels confident enough in his instincts. Not that JMJ didn't have his share of suspicious behavior, but IJ's reactions under pressure came off to me as odd and unlike the type of defense he's put up in the past.

Archived