Mafia Game 3 - Not All in the Family..

CTM

To expand on the, re: Sharrow

His last post in this thread was at 4:10pm yesterday. Since then he has made 11 posts in other areas of the site including 2 this afternoon yet hasn't said diddly in here.

Seems like that is by design, not by accident.

First of all is is this. Like I said, I got here at around 4:15 PM today. I never made those 2 posts this afternoon. I don't like it that misinformation is being used to try and railroad me. I thought that you were just screwing up with your earlier play, but this is really suspicious to me. I'm sure some of it had to do with furthering the flow of votes away from you and onto me, but why lie about that? You had to know that I would catch it when I got here.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
First of all is is this. Like I said, I got here at around 4:15 PM today. I never made those 2 posts this afternoon. I don't like it that misinformation is being used to try and railroad me. I thought that you were just screwing up with your earlier play, but this is really suspicious to me. I'm sure some of it had to do with furthering the flow of votes away from you and onto me, but why lie about that? You had to know that I would catch it when I got here.

My bad.

Honest mistake. The posts had today's date but were at 12am not pm. Doesn't change the fact you only had 4 posts since the game has began and that ultimately is the reason people want to hear from you.

Thanks for the explanation, JMJ.

That's enough reason for me to wagon hop.

Unvote: Jets Thing

Vote: Sharrow

I'm wondering what your rationale is for wagon hopping so frequently. What are you trying to accomplish by doing that?

I'm also wondering why you had to ask what the reasoning was for voting Sharrow, when people had already explained that multiple times.

But mainly it's your voting record that confuses me. You've voted more times than anyone else (if we don't count Crusher's early votes for Bleedin' and Irish, which seemed to be only half-serious at the time). And when you've voted, it's been way after other players have already voted and provided explanations, at which point it's easy to simply agree with them.

When you voted for JVoR, you were the third person at the time, and you've only waited longer and longer since then. You voted for Slats fourth, and when you voted for JMJ, you were the fifth name on the list at the time (two of the six people who originally voted for him had recently unvoted him, but you were still late and used the already-provided reasoning against him). Then you were the sixth person to vote for Jets Things, and now the sixth person to vote for Sharrow.

Is there something you're trying to gain by joining whichever train seems most popular? I'm open to hearing it, but for now, unvote: Woody.

Vote: SMC

I'm not going to get off of Irish Jet unless it's to put a kill vote on SMC.

You people really need to consider what I said besides 'nice work', and whatnot.

Not to mention, the fact that few are joining, and we believe there is a large scum contingent lends to the idea that there are a number of scum afraid to make this move, while they were quick to jump on inactives, and others with faulty logic.

Vote Count

JMJ (2) Irish, AVM

Jets Things (5) Bleedin' Green, Sharrow, JiF, Shutout

SMC (1) Vicious89x, Dan X

WoodyPaige (2) JT, Slats

Sharrow (6) Doggin, JVOR, Crusher, JMJ, Norway, SMC

Irish Jet (2) EY, Woody

With 18 alive, it takes 10 to whack

ATTN: Between the size and speed of this game and my new job which severly cuts down on internet time, I'm having a little trouble keeping up. I appreciate the hand keeping the vote count up to date and would encourage others to help make sure a vote tally appears every page if I'm nowhere to be found (it becomes hard to keep track after numerous pages go by). I will try my best to check in every 1/2 or so..

I'm wondering what your rationale is for wagon hopping so frequently. What are you trying to accomplish by doing that?

I'm also wondering why you had to ask what the reasoning was for voting Sharrow, when people had already explained that multiple times.

But mainly it's your voting record that confuses me. You've voted more times than anyone else (if we don't count Crusher's early votes for Bleedin' and Irish, which seemed to be only half-serious at the time). And when you've voted, it's been way after other players have already voted and provided explanations, at which point it's easy to simply agree with them.

When you voted for JVoR, you were the third person at the time, and you've only waited longer and longer since then. You voted for Slats fourth, and when you voted for JMJ, you were the fifth name on the list at the time (two of the six people who originally voted for him had recently unvoted him, but you were still late and used the already-provided reasoning against him). Then you were the sixth person to vote for Jets Things, and now the sixth person to vote for Sharrow.

Is there something you're trying to gain by joining whichever train seems most popular? I'm open to hearing it, but for now, unvote: Woody.

Vote: SMC

How can I gain something from wagon hoping if it's so blatent. Ask yourself that?

I'm wagon hoping, so what? The goal of the game from the family's perspective is to whack a stoolie, rat, undercover, whatever.

As to the sharrow reasoning, I wanted it crystilized because it was spread out over a couple of 100 pages. Heck, with EY's explanation against Irish, I almost wanted to vote for him.

We've fleshed out sharrow (somewhat), so now what.

As to doggin claim that calling Jets Thing a liar was a joke, guess what? Jokes don't read well on message boards. I thought he was serious.

You people really need to consider what I said besides 'nice work', and whatnot.

Not to mention, the fact that few are joining, and we believe there is a large scum contingent lends to the idea that there are a number of scum afraid to make this move, while they were quick to jump on inactives, and others with faulty logic.

EY- I'm with you and I actually liked what you wrote, but I feel similar to you. I'm not moving my vote off of SMC until it's for a kill vote. I do think IJ is scummy but I dont' want to be putting votes on and off of people, that's just not how I roll.

Open question: what's the rationale for voting for Sharrow?

I see the reason behind the votes for Jets Thing (veteran playing peek-a-boo and Doggin calling him out as a liar) and Irish Jet (erratic behavior in attacking then going limp when EY calls him out). Just want to see what's there on Sharrow. Is it him dissappearing?

It was for me. As Woody started at least started to explain himself, I figured we would rattle sharrow a little bit to get him involved as well.

My vote is currently on Sharrow but now that he has checked in and stated that he earlier said he wouldnt be around mornings, and I see that the two posts he made today were at 12am, not pm ... he is no longer at the top of my list.

My list in order goes:

SMC

Irish

Slats

No new vote yet however.

I greatly appreciate that. As I posted above, your reasoning about Irish (and his meek response) does seem relatively compelling. Better than the inactive argument.

Wagon hoping is not a tell, but if a wise guy thinks it is, that's his misfortune.

It was for me. As Woody started at least started to explain himself, I figured we would rattle sharrow a little bit to get him involved as well.

Is there anything specific that you wanted my opinion on? Or just to get more involved?

I said that I'm usually not going to be here in the mornings and that's true. Sometimes I won't get here until late afternoon, sometimes as late as 6PM. I just got here at a quarter after 4 and there were ~80 new posts. The same thing happened yesterday, I came in and said what I had to say regarding all the stuff that happened before I got here. I mean, I was sitting here last night at midnight and it was dead, what am I supposed to do? :D

I have a couple things to point out though after I re-read the last 80 posts.

hurry up man we ain't getting no younger.:)

EY- I'm with you and I actually liked what you wrote, but I feel similar to you. I'm not moving my vote off of SMC until it's for a kill vote. I do think IJ is scummy but I dont' want to be putting votes on and off of people, that's just not how I roll.

But that's how I role. I'll support you and EY despite your misguided animosity toward me.

Unvote: Sharrow

Vote: Irish Jet

Vote Count

JMJ (2) Irish, AVM

Jets Things (5) Bleedin' Green, Sharrow, JiF, Shutout

SMC (1) Vicious89x, Dan X

WoodyPaige (2) JT, Slats

Sharrow (6) Doggin, JVOR, Crusher, JMJ, Norway, SMC

Irish Jet (2) EY, Woody

With 18 alive, it takes 10 to whack

ATTN: Between the size and speed of this game and my new job which severly cuts down on internet time, I'm having a little trouble keeping up. I appreciate the hand keeping the vote count up to date and would encourage others to help make sure a vote tally appears every page if I'm nowhere to be found (it becomes hard to keep track after numerous pages go by). I will try my best to check in every 1/2 or so..

Sharrows here now Im going to jump of and let him explain himself. Besides I've been having a hard time sleeping lately and might need someone to talk to at midnight.

unvote:sharrow

Is there anything specific that you wanted my opinion on? Or just to get more involved?

This is my last post for the minute. but if you would like to just throw out a little summary after you read and catch up it would be cool to see.

Oh yeah, why do you think EY and Vic want to kill SMC so bad?

How can I gain something from wagon hoping if it's so blatent. Ask yourself that?

I'm wagon hoping, so what? The goal of the game from the family's perspective is to whack a stoolie, rat, undercover, whatever.

As to the sharrow reasoning, I wanted it crystilized because it was spread out over a couple of 100 pages. Heck, with EY's explanation against Irish, I almost wanted to vote for him.

We've fleshed out sharrow (somewhat), so now what.

As to doggin claim that calling Jets Thing a liar was a joke, guess what? Jokes don't read well on message boards. I thought he was serious.

Well, that was what I was wondering, as I said. I wanted to know if you had a goal in mind doing that. When it comes to your votes for Jets Things and Sharrow, for example, they already had 5 people putting the pressure on them. Particularly Sharrow - why bother switching your vote at that point if your reasoning is simply to get him to talk? Don't you think with 5 people already voting for him, he's going to respond?

As I said before, I'm open to hearing what your reasoning is, because it's certainly very possible you're innocent. To me, "I'm wagon hopping, so what?" isn't going to cut it. I thought the point was to look out for seemingly random/unexplained behavior.

This is my last post for the minute. but if you would like to just throw out a little summary after you read and catch up it would be cool to see.

Oh yeah, why do you think EY and Vic want to kill SMC so bad?

Excellent question.

Why do you think EY and Vic want to kill SMC so bad?

Because they are Mets fans and he looks exactly like Mark Teixeira? (old JI posters know what I'm talking about ;))

Oh yeah, and his posts thus far have been very scummy.

Well, that was what I was wondering, as I said. I wanted to know if you had a goal in mind doing that. When it comes to your votes for Jets Things and Sharrow, for example, they already had 5 people putting the pressure on them. Particularly Sharrow - why bother switching your vote at that point if your reasoning is simply to get him to talk? Don't you think with 5 people already voting for him, he's going to respond?

As I said before, I'm open to hearing what your reasoning is, because it's certainly very possible you're innocent. To me, "I'm wagon hopping, so what?" isn't going to cut it. I thought the point was to look out for seemingly random/unexplained behavior.

I really don't think that is possible during the first day. My wagon hop was to shift the pile, so to speak to encourage movement (either for an explanation or the kill).

If there's a tie at 5, a vote to No. 6 means it's only 4 votes to whack. Those can come very quickly. The vote was a momentum turn, if you will.

I liked JMJ's explanation against Sharrow, until it proved false. I flipped last on Irish Jet because I liked EY's explanation, but he was alone in his thoughts so I didn't join in at the time.

SMC is doing it SO blatantly, that there is more to it than simply being scum. He's a smart guy, and is up to something...

Perhaps This:

The Cobbler, "Village Idiot", or Jester has the objective of convincing the town to kill him, or is required to vote in favor of all proposed lynchings.

SMC is doing it SO blatantly, that there is more to it than simply being scum. He's a smart guy, and is up to something...

Perhaps This:

That is what is going through my mind also. He began getting heat for wagon-jumping pages and pages, and votes and votes ago. He then claimed to not care and has continuously done it moving forward. He is too smart to not be up to something. Whether what he is up to is scummy or not is for us to still determine, but he definitely is up to something.

That is what is going through my mind also. He began getting heat for wagon-jumping pages and pages, and votes and votes ago. He then claimed to not care and has continuously done it moving forward. He is too smart to not be up to something. Whether what he is up to is scummy or not is for us to still determine, but he definitely is up to something.

I'm happy to kill him and give him the win at some point... but for now, I don't see a stronger argument than Irish Jet.

Vic is a Yankee fan. Lynch all liars! :P

Crap. It was such a good joke and I didn't know if he was a Met or Yankee guy so I figured, "WTH? I have a 50/50 shot."

Whoever made up the saying "luck of the Irish" was full of sh1t. ;)

I didn't realize there was a Village Idiot role. That makes this more interesting.

Of course, maybe you and EY are working with SMC, and this is all a set-up. Haha wow, I'm definitely getting a little paranoid here. Maybe I should step away from the computer. :bag:

I don't see why that would be surprising. He has been virtually non-existent in the game thus far. That doesn't make you question him at least a little?

Yeah, I think it's funny Slats called it "surprising" that people are pressuring Sharrow to talk. Considering Slats' primary method of attack has been to count people's total number of posts in the thread.

Hi there.

I was only laying off Sharrow because I'm personally very warm to the idea of not lynching a newbie on day one - being that I am one. Although I see my generous spirit doesn't seem to be shared by my fellow newbs. That said, Sharrow isn't long for this game if he doesn't contribute more. Like Woody, who's admitted to lying low just for personal survival. These aren't town friendly behaviors.

I found it "surprising" that the vote was moving from two players over the halfway mark this morning. It looked to me like one of them would be whacked today. But with CTM coming in and saying that there's no impending time limit, I guess it makes sense to take a long look at everyone.

And to add, Dan X, I'm also anxious to kill a rat, stoolie, undercover pig. Perhaps by zealousness has gotten the best of me.

Or to knock off the first townie...

EY makes a good case against Irish, too.

I want to read more before I switch my vote.

Archived