Mafia Game 3 - Not All in the Family..

CTM

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
DING! DING!! DING!!! We have a winner.

A screen shot is a moment in time. The time I took the screen shot was when I had 2575 posts NOT when I sent the PM.

That would make sense because you didn't know you would need to show it when you actually did it. This actually adds to the belief you may be telling the truth. Yet speaks nothing of the efficacy of you still being the family vigilante. Plus, do families have vigilante? I always thought vigilante's work alone like Charles Bronson? If you worked for the family you would be a foot soldier, or a hitman, or muscle, or counsiliary or cleaner or something like that?

Can someone provide a movie refrence with a family vigilante? An actually mob movie, not some yo yo who's brother is a vigi;lante. I've read a bit about the mob and never seen a reference.

Interesting.

Fair enough. However if you check my post times, with the exception of Tuesday really (which I said the night before would be my most active day), Im not usually active til late. I had been gone several hours on Thursday, and when I came back I followed your logic (as I did the first time, to our benefit), voting for Norway.

I've already said I'd accept the responsibility along with you for the Norway kill, since I put the killing blow on him.

That would make sense because you didn't know you would need to show it when you actually did it. This actually adds to the belief you may be telling the truth. Yet speaks nothing of the efficacy of you still being the family vigilante. Plus, do families have vigilante? I always thought vigilante's work alone like Charles Bronson? If you worked for the family you would be a foot soldier, or a hitman, or muscle, or counsiliary or cleaner or something like that?

Can someone provide a movie refrence with a family vigilante? An actually mob movie, not some yo yo who's brother is a vigi;lante. I've read a bit about the mob and never seen a reference.

It's actually in the Mafia game rules that Sharrow linked (post #52):

Vigilante A Vigilante can kill at Night, just like the Serial Killer and the Mafia, but he is allied to the Town. This means that unlike the others, the Vigilante must be extremely careful with his kills. He wants to kill Mafia's and Serial Killers, but he doesn't have any investigation powers. Usually the Vigilante is not obliged to kill.

http://forums.dragonmount.com/index.php?topic=23116.0%3Bwap2

Emphasis is mine

It's actually in the Mafia game rules that Sharrow linked (post #52):

Emphasis is mine

Yeah but we're not a town. We are a family of gangsters/ wise guys, we ain't usually got no freakin vigilante. Do we? I still think to stay with the crime family motif Chan doesn;t call you a family vigilante. I think he would call you an enforcer or such. Don't you think that makes more sense?

Yeah but we're not a town. We are a family of gangsters/ wise guys, we ain't usually got no freakin vigilante. Do we? I still think to stay with the crime family motif Chan doesn;t call you a family vigilante. I think he would call you an enforcer or such. Don't you think that makes more sense?

Thats an interesting point.

Not to mess up the lovefest but can we go back to actually making arguments? I mean I know we are waiting on doggin but I am interested in vicious elaborating what he thinks because he seems to feel really strongly about this.

I'd like to hear an explanation from Vicious as well.

All he's doing is being contrarian without presenting his own evidence.

Not to mess up the lovefest but can we go back to actually making arguments? I mean I know we are waiting on doggin but I am interested in vicious elaborating what he thinks because he seems to feel really strongly about this.

I agree. As I said before, I don't think it's a question of who seems guiltier right now. Because in that case I understand why Vicious would be making such a strong case against SMC, who's certainly given us plenty of reasons to question his innocence.

I think it's a case of figuring out how we can verify who's guilty and who isn't. If we lynch SMC, that confirms nothing about Doggin. If we lynch Doggin, it confirms whether SMC is lying about his role (because I don't see SMC going so hard after Doggin unless he's scum, or unless he has a reason to believe Doggin is scum).

Vicious, can you tell us why you think we'll gain more by lynching SMC?

I'm playing devils advocate here. He doesn't have to be one side or the other. I'm open to killing doggin but I'd love to hear confirmation that if he flips innocent SMC and EY are next. If he's guilty then hey, I've been epically wrong.

Remember there can be 3rd parties.

I agree. As I said before, I don't think it's a question of who seems guiltier right now. Because in that case I understand why Vicious would be making such a strong case against SMC, who's certainly given us plenty of reasons to question his innocence.

I think it's a case of figuring out how we can verify who's guilty and who isn't. If we lynch SMC, that confirms nothing about Doggin. If we lynch Doggin, it confirms whether SMC is lying about his role (because I don't see SMC going so hard after Doggin unless he's scum, or unless he has a reason to believe Doggin is scum).

Vicious, can you tell us why you think we'll gain more by lynching SMC?

Dan- I think either way we're gonna get a result. I don't have a vote in on anyone for this reason. If we get SMC, he flips innocent, then we get doggin who came after him hardest. I'll probably follow close behind that but hey, that's the price to play the game. Also if he flips innocent you can almost assume EY's innocence. Either way, my position is because I believe SMC is the rat. I'm not ready to follow EY's lead after last time.

JVoR- Like I said to Dan. At this point we've established sides over this issue. If SMC flips scum I feel we have a strong case against EY as well with him leading the charge on a doctor and then standing by scum. Doggin is exonerated, and I won't get my feelings hurt by scum making insulting comments.

He's innocent, then I'm wrong, and I'll probably be lynched rigth after doggin and it is what it is. Part of the game. It's my gut feeling, and I'm following it.

I've defended doggin once, if he dies, we'll find stuff out as well. We're playing the waiting game with though right?

Ouch, my internet ego is so so hurt by you!

You think I give a **** about your internet ego?

Only an idiot would make a fake screencap for a game. Guess which one of use made a fake one. Uhm, you.

Dan- I think either way we're gonna get a result. I don't have a vote in on anyone for this reason. If we get SMC, he flips innocent, then we get doggin who came after him hardest. I'll probably follow close behind that but hey, that's the price to play the game. Also if he flips innocent you can almost assume EY's innocence. Either way, my position is because I believe SMC is the rat. I'm not ready to follow EY's lead after last time.

I gotta be honest, linking players is a dangerous practice. I was wrong doing that with jets things and doggin last round. I also don't like ever assuming anyone is innocent especially if they are in a power position a la bg last round. The best thing for us right now is to keep the finder hidden and safe which is a huge reason I have been suspicious of doggin because he has been trying to get our finder killed.

You think I give a **** about your internet ego?

Only an idiot would make a fake screencap for a game. Guess which one of use made a fake one. Uhm, you.

Um, I think you do care about internet ego's. Cause you feel SO ENRAGED you have to curse and throw a fit over a game. Okey Dokey.

I gotta be honest, linking players is a dangerous practice. I was wrong doing that with jets things and doggin last round. I also don't like ever assuming anyone is innocent especially if they are in a power position a la bg last round. The best thing for us right now is to keep the finder hidden and safe which is a huge reason I have been suspicious of doggin because he has been trying to get our finder killed.

You're probably right. But I'm hoping that if Doggin flips innocent SMC is done for and EY will come under fire at least. In this game we gotta make a positive out of a negative.

You're probably right. But I'm hoping that if Doggin flips innocent SMC is done for and EY will come under fire at least. In this game we gotta make a positive out of a negative.

This is the likely outcome. I see it just better than a 50/50 either way.

What Vicious conviently ignores that if Doggin is lynched and comes up scum, I have a Night Kill opportunity. If you whack me, the Family loses that opportunity.

So think of this:

SMC gets lynched, comes up Vigilante. Family can't NK scum tonight.

Scum NK EY or some other innocent player. The Family loses 2 players.

Doggin is lynched next day, comes up scum.

Scum NK Jets Voice of Reason. The Family has lost 3 players to the Rats' 1.

Now, the other strategy:

Doggin is lynched, comes up Rat. Doggin is the roleblocker, can't stop me.

SMC NKs Vicious, or anyone else who the Family thinks is Scum.

Scum NK EY or some other innocent player. The Scum have lost 2 players and the Family 1.

Family lynches scum.

Scum NK Jets Voice of Reason. The Rats have lost 3 playes and the Family 2

Vicious' claim that lynching me helps the Family simply to link to EY or someone else doesn't help the Family.

Archived