Red Sox-vs-Yankees Thread

Jet/BosoxFan

Well, what do we have here? We have the Red Sox 4 games up on the Yanks in mid-September and we have the 2 hated rivals about to hook it up again. Only this time, we dont have to sweep them. THEY are thinking they need to sweep us.

In fact, if we win as much as one game in this series, we'll still be in the driver's seat.

Now dont get me wrong, MY offense can knock anybody out of the first inning...but they often fall asleep against pitchers they've never seen before (ie Small and Chacon) so I will refrain from making predictions, not that I make too many predictions anyhow unless its a slam dunk. But I will say that now is as good 'a time as any to knock Aaron Small off the tightrope he's been walking all season!

Here's what i do know, Big Boomer is on the hill tonight and he'll be out to put a dagger in the team that never appreciated him and then turned their back on him. Say what you will about how unbearable of a human being he is, any bad guy is the lesser of 2 evils when facing the Evil Empire.

The quest to c*ckblock NYY from the playoffs resumes tonight. Thanks to the D-Rays for holding down the fort, but we'll take it from here.

Sveum was right to send him I think. Why not. The yanks just made a good play to get Tek out.

Wells got robbed on his 2-2 pitch to ARod. That was a strike. But Wells left that 3-2 pitch right over the plate. You could see Tek set up outside corner and Wells lets it float over the plate. Ouch!

isnt there an unwritten rule in baseball that catcher's dont try to take out other cathcers? I mean I remember talk of that from Babe Ruth/Legion...you dont hear sh*t about that any more?

Not sure. Remy thought Veritek could have slid in, but I think Posada had the plate completely covered regardless. Varitek certainly looked to pull up a little bit and did not take Posada out.

I have to disagree, the ball beat him by 5 steps.

Normally I'm very anti-Sveum but I think sending Varitek then was not all that bad. Be aggressive early. It wasn't like Varitek didn't have a chance, the throw was just right there. I dunno, perhaps I need to see it again.

Nice throw by Graffanino there. I think that signals the end of his little cinderella run. Yankees offense too much too overcome for the fat drunk tonight.

Are you even watching the game?

To blame that on Graff shows what a re-re you can be.

Thor is right, dummy...it was all Millar and no Tony.

You know what really bothers me about the Boston bullpen, aside from the fact that they all (not named Mike Timlin) suck, is that Chad Bradford allows every last inherited runner to score.

Either way, time to get some ass tonight. But before I do go, I am here to say that I concede the game...so there is no need for 900 "where is JBF" threads, though I am sure they are coming. Oh well, not that I give a rats ass.

A parting thought for you Yankee fans running off a batch over tonight's gift-wrapped win:

Cleveland dropped 4 ERs on Johan Santana in 5 innings, so you probably wont be picking up any ground. Oh, and after Johan, it is smooth sailing until the finish line.

Thor is right, dummy...it was all Millar and no Tony.

You know what really bothers me about the Boston bullpen, aside from the fact that they all (not named Mike Timlin) suck, is that Chad Bradford allows every last inherited runner to score.

Either way, time to get some a$$ tonight. But before I do go, I am here to say that I concede the game...so there is no need for 900 "where is JBF" threads, though I am sure they are coming. Oh well, not that I give a rats a$$.

A parting thought for you Yankee fans running off a batch over tonight's gift-wrapped win:

Cleveland dropped 4 ERs on Johan Santana in 5 innings, so you probably wont be picking up any ground. Oh, and after Johan, it is smooth sailing until the finish line.

Make sure he is clean.

Archived