The World Cup Qualifers Thread

LiLMiCKMANTLE

European World Cup Qualifier Games This Week..

Saturday, 6 June 2009

FIFA World Cup European Qualifying

Albania v Portugal, Gp 1, 20:45

Azerbaijan v Wales, Gp 4, 16:00

Belarus v Andorra, Gp 6, 17:00

Bulgaria v Rep of Ireland, Gp 8, 18:30

Croatia v Ukraine, Gp 6, 19:15

Cyprus v Montenegro, Gp 8, 18:30

Finland v Liechtenstein, Gp 4, 17:00

FYR Macedonia v Norway, Gp 9, 16:45

Iceland v Netherlands, Gp 9, 19:45

Kazakhstan v England, Gp 6, 16:00

Lithuania v Romania, Gp 7, 19:00

Serbia v Austria, Gp 7, 19:30

Slovakia v San Marino, Gp 3, 16:30

Sweden v Denmark, Gp 1, 19:00

Wednesday, 10 June 2009

FIFA World Cup European Qualifying

England v Andorra, Gp 6, 20:15

Faroe Islands v Serbia, Gp 7, 19:15

Finland v Russia, Gp 4, 18:30

FYR Macedonia v Iceland, Gp 9, 16:45

Netherlands v Norway, Gp 9, 19:45

Sweden v Malta, Gp 1, 18:00

Ukraine v Kazakhstan, Gp 6, 18:00

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
+1

Nothing like digging yourself a quick 2-0 hole in a place you have never won at. :confused:

Seemed like they were making excuses before the game even started. Just because you don't like the field surface doesn't mean that you can just roll over. They'll still qualify but to be a power they need to win games like this.

It is not like we ever get a good draw in WC.

2002 was a good draw though. And i think we could have won that if wasn't for Oliver Kahn. Had we won that, South Korea in the semis, and the worst Brazil team by far to ever win a World Cup?

And Japan, South Korea, Australia and Holland have now qualified for the finals.

It is not like we ever get a good draw in WC.

Are you bitching about the Yanks draw in the World Cup? Don't they use a bingo type setup to determine the groups?

The Aussies are in so I'm happy. How lame is Australian soccer? This is the 1st time they have qualified for back to back World Cups.

2002 was a good draw though. And i think we could have won that if wasn't for Oliver Kahn. Had we won that, South Korea in the semis, and the worst Brazil team by far to ever win a World Cup?

And Japan, South Korea, Australia and Holland have now qualified for the finals.

It was not that bad. The only break we got was getting Korea.

Yeah, the US outplayed the Germans.

Are you bitching about the Yanks draw in the World Cup? Don't they use a bingo type setup to determine the groups?

The Aussies are in so I'm happy. How lame is Australian soccer? This is the 1st time they have qualified for back to back World Cups.

They break teams into 4 groups. The top 8 seeds which includes the host. A group with the remaining Euro seeds, a group with the remaining South American and Southeast Asia teams and the remaining teams from CONCACAF and Asia.

It was not that bad. The only break we got was getting Korea.

Yeah, the US outplayed the Germans.

They break teams into 4 groups. The top 8 seeds which includes the host. A group with the remaining Euro seeds, a group with the remaining South American and Southeast Asia teams and the remaining teams from CONCACAF and Asia.

Australia moved to the Asia group after many years of lobbying and they dominated. What EPL team do you follow?

Going into that WC I thought we had a pretty tough draw. Portugal, South Korea and Poland. I still can't believe we beat Portugal in that first game.

If it wasn't for Kahn, I think we could have made it to the finals.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

The US plays at Mexico Wednesday August 12 at 4. The game isn't going to broadcast in English but can be seen on Telemundo. Here is the roster for the match.

GOALKEEPERS: Brad Guzan (Aston Villa, England), Tim Howard (Everton, England)

DEFENDERS: Carlos Bocanegra (Rennes, France), Jonathan Bornstein (Chivas USA), Steve Cherundolo (Hannover, Germany), Jay DeMerit (Watford, England), Chad Marshall (Columbus Crew), Oguchi Onyewu (AC Milan, Italy), Jonathan Spector (West Ham, England)

MIDFIELDERS: Michael Bradley (Borussia M

US has to attack, its ridiculously obvious in all of there loses. Getting so sick of rooting for this team. Altidore not starting? Are you kidding me?

When the us plays like men they win games. They played like men all summer until the half of the Brazil game. Boys came out of the tunnel at halftime and they've been getting there **** pushed in ever since.

By the way, Mexico is a team and apparently country full of dirtbags. When that dude grabbed Dempsey(?) when he was on the ground - come on. That and the crowd pegging Donavon with drinks during the corner kicks. What the hell man?

Don't give me any of that pride bull****, theres sportsmanship and then theres being a dickhead. Very fine line.

US has to attack, its ridiculously obvious in all of there loses. Getting so sick of rooting for this team. Altidore not starting? Are you kidding me?

When the us plays like men they win games. They played like men all summer until the half of the Brazil game. Boys came out of the tunnel at halftime and they've been getting there **** pushed in ever since.

I agree. It was like Mangini was coaching this team. They played not to lose.

By the way, Mexico is a team and apparently country full of dirtbags. When that dude grabbed Dempsey(?) when he was on the ground - come on. That and the crowd pegging Donavon with drinks during the corner kicks. What the hell man?

Don't give me any of that pride bull****, theres sportsmanship and then theres being a dickhead. Very fine line.

Those weren't drinks they were cups full of piss and vomit. The FIFA has to set in to control fans if the country isn't going to do it.

They have a big enough advantage playing at that altitude they don't need fans throw piss at players and a half ass ref.

That being said they US coach should of had them practicing in Denver or where ever there is a stadium high up. They just lost it in the second half.

• 2 weeks later...
Those weren't drinks they were cups full of piss and vomit. The FIFA has to set in to control fans if the country isn't going to do it.

They have a big enough advantage playing at that altitude they don't need fans throw piss at players and a half ass ref.

That being said they US coach should of had them practicing in Denver or where ever there is a stadium high up. They just lost it in the second half.

That was what I didn't understand about the match. They practiced in Miami the whole week prior and then arrived in Mexico D.F. only 24 hours before the match. Didn't really give them much time to adjust.

The one thing I loved about this game though is it shows that Charlie Davies continues to improve and is goin to become a big time player for us up front. Couple his performance with his confeds performance, and the two goals he put in against Bordeaux last week. The kid is on the up and up.

Bradley manages to always to follow a smart gameplan (like in the Confeds) with a stupid one (like say, starting Brian Ching in place of Jozy against Mexico)

The one thing I loved about this game though is it shows that Charlie Davies continues to improve and is goin to become a big time player for us up front. Couple his performance with his confeds performance, and the two goals he put in against Bordeaux last week. The kid is on the up and up.

His play has been noticed after 3 games. He came off the bench against Bordeaux and sparked a rally with 2 goals.

He started this weekend and created himself some good oportunities. He was practically the only positive note to his teams performance.

Another good showing by Davies this weekend. Was a constant threat up front and drew the foul for the games only goal (penalty). His play has been noticed and is one of the surprises of Ligue 1's first few games.

I'll try to give you guys some updates on how he's doing.

Another good showing by Davies this weekend. Was a constant threat up front and drew the foul for the games only goal (penalty). His play has been noticed and is one of the surprises of Ligue 1's first few games.

I'll try to give you guys some updates on how he's doing.

Thanks for the update.

Davies played really well during the Confederations Cup and the Mexico game. I'd like to see both Davies and Altidore in the game at the same time during these two upcoming games.

Archived