Jay Cutler take notes.

Alk

This is how a professional athlete carries himself you douchebag.

CAMPBELL TAKING THE HIGH ROAD

Posted by Aaron Wilson on April 3, 2009, 9:26 a.m. EDT

Instead of sulking about the Washington Redskins

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ALK - you have BINGO!

Jets fans ought to be happy they don't have that man-child as their QB. Can you imagine his hissy-fit after a multi-pick game - with the meadowlands crowd booing - wouldn't be pretty. Cutler is a total d-word. So wasn't Farve, as far as I was concerned. Some people just don't learn. You do NOT want a selfish prick leading your team.

ALK - you have BINGO!

Jets fans ought to be happy they don't have that man-child as their QB. Can you imagine his hissy-fit after a multi-pick game - with the meadowlands crowd booing - wouldn't be pretty. Cutler is a total d-word. So wasn't Farve, as far as I was concerned. Some people just don't learn. You do NOT want a selfish prick leading your team.

As much as I dislike Favre, he was nowhere near what Jay Cutler is.

As much as I dislike Favre, he was nowhere near what Jay Cutler is.

Please....Mr. All About Me.....dragging out the drama - holding a team hostage....crocodile tear press conferences.....the subtle way of throwing people under the bus. Meh! Favre was a jerk.

In unrelated news: Boston is all abuzz about Opening Day and.....Tom and Giselle's Costa Rican tropical wedding part deux today. It appears that Baby Jack IS in attendance. Slow news day! LOL!

Please....Mr. All About Me.....dragging out the drama - holding a team hostage....crocodile tear press conferences.....the subtle way of throwing people under the bus. Meh! Favre was a jerk.

Hey I never said he wasn't a douchebag, it's just that Cutler took it to a whole new level.

Campbell certainly has a better attitude about it (or so he's saying publicly at least).

There are a couple of other things at play, whether you find them distasteful or a big deal or not:

1) Campbell is not as valuable of a commodity as Cutler. He knows it, Cutler knows it, and you can bet Bus Cook knows it.

2) Cutler was going to make $1M this year. He's 25 and if he remains uninjured will have a long career where he's going to make some $100M. A career-ending injury this year & that all disappears.

3) Campbell's HC, who he knows for a year now, was up-front with him about the situation. Cutler's HC, who he doesn't know at all, tried this maneuver & then lied to him about it.

So while I agree that while Cutler is 100x the asshat that Campbell is on a personal level (what kind of ****-for-brains dickwad boasts to the Denver press that he has a stronger arm that Elway had, whether it's true or not), the situations are not really the same. Cutler had a tremendous amount of leverage that Campbell does not have. The reason he has that leverage is he is simply considered to be more valuable of a player around the league. Campbell's trade value was a 2nd round pick (more or less). Cutler's was two firsts, a third, and a starting QB.

Campbell certainly has a better attitude about it (or so he's saying publicly at least).

There are a couple of other things at play, whether you find them distasteful or a big deal or not:

1) Campbell is not as valuable of a commodity as Cutler. He knows it, Cutler knows it, and you can bet Bus Cook knows it.

2) Cutler was going to make $1M this year. He's 25 and if he remains uninjured will have a long career where he's going to make some $100M. A career-ending injury this year & that all disappears.

3) Campbell's HC, who he knows for a year now, was up-front with him about the situation. Cutler's HC, who he doesn't know at all, tried this maneuver & then lied to him about it.

So while I agree that while Cutler is 100x the asshat that Campbell is on a personal level (what kind of ****-for-brains dickwad boasts to the Denver press that he has a stronger arm that Elway had, whether it's true or not), the situations are not really the same. Cutler had a tremendous amount of leverage that Campbell does not have. The reason he has that leverage is he is simply considered to be more valuable of a player around the league. Campbell's trade value was a 2nd round pick (more or less). Cutler's was two firsts, a third, and a starting QB.

+1

Cutler had no reason to trust Josh McDaniels. Although it's pretty obvious that he's not the ideal personality I can't blame him for being pissed off.

I don't believe McDaniels lied to him did he? He didn't tell him that they were looking to trade him but when he was asked straight up he told him that he wanted to get Cassel but that was it. Then Cutler threw a hissy fit at the thought that there was one qb out there that McDaniels coveted more than him.

+1

Cutler had no reason to trust Josh McDaniels. Although it's pretty obvious that he's not the ideal personality I can't blame him for being pissed off.

I can't blame him for being pissed either. Hell I would be too. But he proceeded to take it and carry it about 5,000 notches too far. Yes it was a bad deal but for christ sake grab your sack and man up you pri madonna bitch.

If any young QB wants an example of how to handle himself with class in the midst of a very difficult siuation, he need look no further than Drew Bledsoe circa 2001-2002.

Sperm, I get what you are saying. However, if Cutler had his head on straight he'd be even more valuable. I truly believe that Cutler potential will never be realized because of his attitude.

+1

Comparing Campbells reaction to Cutlers is comparing apples to oranges..

Comparing Campbells reaction to Cutlers is comparing apples to oranges..

It's a great comparison. I just don't understand why people think it reflects badly on Cutler that he wouldn't just sit there with a smile while somebody else runs his career into the ground like Campbell has.

It's a great comparison. I just don't understand why people think it reflects badly on Cutler that he wouldn't just sit there with a smile while somebody else runs his career into the ground like Campbell has.

Disagree. Lets make it more extreme, does Clemens get a pat on the back for how well he handled the Jets trying to trade for Cutler? Or does he have to keep his mouth shut cause he has no leg to stand on..

Neither were getting their career run into the ground.

They were always going to be starting QB's in the NFL. Maybe even for better teams. If the Redskins would have traded for Cutler either he would have went to Denver or some team (Maybe even the Jets) would have traded for him to be their starting QB.

Campbell handled the situation well. I don't really have a problem with what either QB did to be perfectly honest.

Disagree. Lets make it more extreme, does Clemens get a pat on the back for how well he handled the Jets trying to trade for Cutler? Or does he have to keep his mouth shut cause he has no leg to stand on..

It's a pattern with Campbell. The guy is just too complacent. I think it's good that Cutler isn't. Get it?

If any young QB wants an example of how to handle himself with class in the midst of a very difficult siuation, he need look no further than Drew Bledsoe circa 2001-2002.

Sperm, I get what you are saying. However, if Cutler had his head on straight he'd be even more valuable. I truly believe that Cutler potential will never be realized because of his attitude.

BS....crapola

Bledsoe had no options did he?

trade deadline had passed, nothing he could do

he was traded quickly next season...nice try

BS....crapola

Bledsoe had no options did he?

trade deadline had passed, nothing he could do

he was traded quickly next season...nice try

Assmop missing the point again. :rolleyes:

Drew could have been a real ass clown when he lost his job to an injury, but he did not. The season was going better then expected and he could have totally nuked it with a poor attitude.

I don't believe McDaniels lied to him did he? He didn't tell him that they were looking to trade him but when he was asked straight up he told him that he wanted to get Cassel but that was it. Then Cutler threw a hissy fit at the thought that there was one qb out there that McDaniels coveted more than him.

I think the Cutler situation had more to do with Shannahan's firing then what may or may not have happened with McDaniels. I believe Cutler was upset when he was canned. IMHO the reported rumors of Cassell coming to town allowed Cutler to bull rush himself out of town. In the end I think this more to do with a conflict between Cutler and Bowlen.

ALK - you have BINGO!

So wasn't Favre? Nice work, Ms. Grammar Pet Peeve Police.

:rolleyes:

Assmop missing the point again. :rolleyes:

Drew could have been a real ass clown when he lost his job to an injury, but he did not. The season was going better then expected and he could have totally nuked it with a poor attitude.

I think the Cutler situation had more to do with Shannahan's firing then what may or may not have happened with McDaniels. I believe Cutler was upset when he was canned. IMHO the reported rumors of Cassell coming to town allowed Cutler to bull rush himself out of town. In the end I think this more to do with a conflict between Cutler and Bowlen.

Not quite Skip

Bledsoe got hurt in game 3? was out for what 6-7 weeks? Trading deadline had past, he was upset...he had no options if he wanted to get paid

Cutler's issue was in offseason, if bledsoe had the same thing happen to

him...he would have whined as well and have his agent do much of dirty

work.

Joshie is an arrogant ahole

Do you realize when his first radio interview with Denver media occured and

he has been there for what 3 months? it was this Thursday!!!!!!!!!!

Any coach picking Cassel over Cutler has issues!!!!!!

Cutler is smarter than u think!

Not quite Skip

Bledsoe got hurt in game 3? was out for what 6-7 weeks? Trading deadline had past, he was upset...he had no options if he wanted to get paid

Cutler's issue was in offseason, if bledsoe had the same thing happen to

him...he would have whined as well and have his agent do much of dirty

work.

Joshie is an arrogant ahole

Do you realize when his first radio interview with Denver media occured and

he has been there for what 3 months? it was this Thursday!!!!!!!!!!

Any coach picking Cassel over Cutler has issues!!!!!!

Cutler is smarter than u think!

It was game 2.

Again, you miss the point. No, Drew could not be traded, but Garb is talking about the way to act and handle a difficult situation.

Who cares if Josh has not held an interview? Big deal. He should be fixing the team and not talking to some radio honk.

It was game 2.

Again, you miss the point. No, Drew could not be traded, but Garb is talking about the way to act and handle a difficult situation.

Who cares if Josh has not held an interview? Big deal. He should be fixing the team and not talking to some radio honk.

Come on Man

How many brand new coached go on media tour with local sport

talkjocks? 99% of them, all except a 32 young arrogant snotnose

mumbles wanna be. He will not last there...

Bledsoe had no options....zero...complaining wouldn't solve anything, pats

could not get rid of him, so he had to suck it up...pats were not

releasing him for nothing

leave it to you patfans to make a terrible comparsion...

Maybe it's just me, but I'd rather have a childish quarterback that performs great on the field over a guy that behaves nice but does nothing notable in the game.

WE you have some phucking potential

now will you please help my son on his SAT's

Maybe it's just me, but I'd rather have a childish quarterback that performs great on the field over a guy that behaves nice but does nothing notable in the game.

Cutler has proven nothing and done nothing since entering the NFL. He has absolutely no reason to be arrogant.

Cutler has proven nothing and done nothing since entering the NFL. He has absolutely no reason to be arrogant.

Sarcasm?

He went to the Pro Bowl at age 25. He's had great stats. It's not his fault that he's been surrounded by a terrible defense. He has enough reason to be arrogant, and at the end of the day the team he's playing for will not mind it at all.

It was game 2.

I don't think you can compare Bledsoe's situation with Cutler's. Beldsoe lost his job due to injury and to a player already on the team. Cutler was going to lose his to someone outside the organization, in the offseason, and not due to injury.

I think if Beldsoe had those circumstances, he would have acted quite differently.

I'm not a huge Cutler fan, but I think throwing for 4500 yards and making the Pro Bowl is doing something.

I don't think you can compare Bledsoe's situation with Cutler's. Beldsoe lost his job due to injury and to a player already on the team. Cutler was going to lose his to someone outside the organization, in the offseason, and not due to injury.

I think if Beldsoe had those circumstances, he would have acted quite differently.

exactly....Bledsoe had no options...zilch

all the complaining in the world would have done nothing

pats had their QB and he was going to ride pine or be suspended without pay

You guys keep trying...

If Campbell just lost his HC who he loved... for a young guy who he hated... and then was rumored to be on his way out for a QB he felt he was better than... he might have reacted differently...

This is NOT the same thing... not even close...

seriously Oke

play less golf and watch more football this fall

Cutler is a stud, whether you like him or not

Could you kindly tell me what he as accomplished to be considered a stud? Since he became the Broncos QB the entire team turned to $hit. Hell, they owned the Patriots until he took the reigns.

I'm not a huge Cutler fan, but I think throwing for 4500 yards and making the Pro Bowl is doing something.

For a stats guy sure, 4,500 yds. is something as for the Pro Bowl? Gimme a break.

Sarcasm?

He went to the Pro Bowl at age 25. He's had great stats. It's not his fault that he's been surrounded by a terrible defense. He has enough reason to be arrogant, and at the end of the day the team he's playing for will not mind it at all.

Peyton Manning was surrounded by a horrible defense the better part of his career yet he made that team a playoff contender. Everyone is getting way too blinded by those 4,500 yds. The guy was garbage when it counted. Sure, he'd light a defense up...until it mattered and it actually required a shred of composure.

Archived