Jay Cutler take notes.

Alk

Peyton Manning was surrounded by a horrible defense the better part of his career yet he made that team a playoff contender. Everyone is getting way too blinded by those 4,500 yds. The guy was garbage when it counted. Sure, he'd light a defense up...until it mattered and it actually required a shred of composure.

Did you ever think Campbell acted this way because he likes his team and situation?

Rest assured... if he told his agent he wanted out of Washington... it would have been a similar situation...

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Did you ever think Campbell acted this way because he likes his team and situation?

Rest assured... if he told his agent he wanted out of Washington... it would have been a similar situation...

No it sure didn't. But it did occur to me that he acted that way because he's not an overrated pompous a$$hole. Well he is overrated but he's not pompous nor an a$$hole.

No it sure didn't. But it did occur to me that he acted that way because he's not an overrated pompous a$$hole. Well he is overrated but he's not pompous nor an a$$hole.

How do you know that? I am quite sure that if he wanted out, he would raise a stink as well.

Peyton Manning was surrounded by a horrible defense the better part of his career yet he made that team a playoff contender. Everyone is getting way too blinded by those 4,500 yds. The guy was garbage when it counted. Sure, he'd light a defense up...until it mattered and it actually required a shred of composure.

peyton also went 6-10 in 4th year Oke

he also lost to jets 41-0 in playoffs vs Herm's jets

Just looking at the facts Cutler seems to fall apart at the end of the season.

2007: Broncos drop 2 of their last 3 games with Cutler putting up 13, 3 & 22 points.

2008: Broncos drop their last 3 games with Cutler putting up 10, 23 & 21 points.

If the Broncos had won one their last three games last season they would have won the AFCW. Good QB's don't throw game ending interceptions at home against the Bills.

Campbell took the high road unlike Cutler.

Just looking at the facts Cutler seems to fall apart at the end of the season.

2007: Broncos drop 2 of their last 3 games with Cutler putting up 13, 3 & 22 points.

2008: Broncos drop their last 3 games with Cutler putting up 10, 23 & 21 points.

If the Broncos had won one their last three games last season they would have won the AFCW. Good QB's don't throw game ending interceptions at home against the Bills.

Campbell took the high road unlike Cutler.

Gainzo are you dense

the redskin FO was up front with campbell, did not lie to his face!!!!!!!!

Gainzo are you dense

I think you are the dense one. Your man love for Cutler is clouding your judgment. Cutler seems to think he is the best QB of all time.

What do you think of Cutlers meltdowns at the end of the 2007 & 2008 seasons?

I think you are the dense one. Your man love for Cutler is clouding your judgment. Cutler seems to think he is the best QB of all time.

What do you think of Cutlers meltdowns at the end of the 2007 & 2008 seasons?

at least post something that makes sense.....

Please answer my question about Cutler's meltdowns the last two seasons.

what meltdown

he threw for 4500 and 25 tds

his Def gave up 52 points in last game

stokley dropped the winning td pass vs jills

you hate cutler we get it...

This is how a professional athlete carries himself you douchebag.

CAMPBELL TAKING THE HIGH ROAD

Posted by Aaron Wilson on April 3, 2009, 9:26 a.m. EDT

Instead of sulking about the Washington Redskins’ ultimately unsuccessful pursuit of quarterback Jay Cutler, who was traded to the Chicago Bears, Redskins starting quarterback Jason Campbell is staying positive despite being shopped around the league, according to Jason La Canfora of the Washington Post.

“There was a lot of crazy stuff going on, stuff you’re hearing from people you trust, so you know something’s happening,” Campbell said. “But you also know that there’s nothing you can do about it. You just keep working and doing the things you need to do to get ready for the season.

“I just kept preparing myself for the season because whether I was here or whether I was someplace else, I still have a responsibility to my coaches and teammates. Those are the people that matter to me, so at the end of the day, I never want to let them down.”

According to the Post, the Redskins shopped Campbell to the Denver Broncos during the Cutler talk. Plus, the Redskins spoke to another NFL franchise about trading Campbell for a second-round draft pick.

In an attempt at damage control, Redskins coach Jim Zorn got in touch with Campbell on Thursday. Redskins owner Daniel Snyder and General Manager Vinny Cerrato are expected to meet with Campbell soon to repair the relationship and may issue a statement of confidence in Campbell as soon as today.

From Campbell’s standpoint, though, he’s handling the situation as best as he can despite the public nature of the team being willing to part ways with him.

“Jim was honest with me about the whole process and everything that went on, and you appreciate it when people tell you the truth,” Campbell said. “I know Jim has been behind me and believes in me, and I have the support of my coaches and my teammates, and that’s pretty much all you need.

“To have Jim tell me he knows I can help this team get to where we want to be and that he has that confidence, that trust, in me, that’s what you want to hear as a young quarterback in this league after having all this crazy stuff going on around you. Knowing you can trust your coach really helps right now.”

The Broncos felt like Kyle Orton was a better fit for their system than Campbell, which is one reason why Cutler is in Chicago and Campbell is still in Washington.

Campbell acknowledged that his pride has been hurt, but plans to use the slight as motivation.

“In a lot of ways, you have a lot of feelings about this, but there’s also a lot of stuff you just keep on the inside,” Campbell said. “You just go out there with a little bit more passion, a little bit more of a chip on your shoulder. Out of all of this, something good has got to come out of it.

“Maybe it’s just that you stay positive, you keep working hard for the people that matter to you and you keep trying to be the best you can be. I really believe that everything I’ve gone through only prepares me to be a stronger person and a stronger quarterback. But this also shows you a lot. It shows you your true value to some people.”

You might better post an article about how McDaniels should have handled the situation.He was the one who screwed the pooch in that deal..............:Nuts:

Campbell - 36 games, 7242 yards, 35 tds and 23 ints

leading rusher over 3 years

Clinton Portis and Ladell Betts

Cutler - 37 games, 9024 yards, 54 tds and 37 ints with a better ya and comp average.

Leading rusher over 3 years

2008 - Peyton Hillis (rookie FB), Mike Pittman, Selvin Young and Tatum Bell

2007 - Travis Henry and Selvin Young

2006 - The Bells

If Campbell got traded Washington would have gotten a 3rd, you can't compare the two.

what meltdown

he threw for 4500 and 25 tds

his Def gave up 52 points in last game

stokley dropped the winning td pass vs jills

you hate cutler we get it...

What does the last game have to do with anything? If anything, Denver's poor defense just makes Cutler's stats even less impressive because that just means they were playing from behind every week and defenses were in prevent. All hail Jay!! All hail Jay!! :rl:

Gainzo are you dense

When did Denver lie to Cutler? They didn't!! When the had the meeting after his initial hissy fit they told him flat out that they did want to trade him for Cassel and there was no promise that they wouldn't trade him down the road. They aren't obligated to tell a player that they are going to seek a trade.

When did Denver lie to Cutler? They didn't!! When the had the meeting after his initial hissy fit they told him flat out that they did want to trade him for Cassel and there was no promise that they wouldn't trade him down the road. They aren't obligated to tell a player that they are going to seek a trade.

OKe

Enuff with your crap

Joshie told him to his face and then word leaked out about 3 way trade

we get it too..you do not like Cutler

off ya go

Neither Bowlen's letter nor McDaniels' news conference Friday curbed his concerns about the direction of the franchise.

"I don't understand why he'd go to a press conference wearing a hoodie," Mendelsberg said of McDaniels. "Jay Cutler showed up at his press conference [in Chicago] looking nice. He looked like he had a makeover -- nice suit, nice tie, nice haircut. He even laughed. I'd never seen him laugh. It's like he had a new lease on life."

He doesn't feel the same about his beloved Broncos.

"I'm so bummed. What do I tell my kids? We don't have a quarterback; we don't have a defense," Mendelsberg said. "This did nothing to ease my mind."

OKe

Enuff with your crap

Joshie told him to his face and then word leaked out about 3 way trade

we get it too..you do not like Cutler

off ya go

Again, it is like Alk said.

Josh McDaniels met with Cutler after the offensive staff was fired. Which Cutler states was not supposed to happen according to a meeting he had with Bowlen.

He then met with Cutler after the 'reported' attempted trade.

Again, it is like Alk said.

Josh McDaniels met with Cutler after the offensive staff was fired. Which Cutler states was not supposed to happen according to a meeting he had with Bowlen.

He then met with Cutler after the 'reported' attempted trade.

oh please..root for the jersey as garb states

Joshie will be lynched in a year

Jay Cutler was going to be traded for a player nowheres near as good as him while Campbell was going to be dealt for a player better than him. Of course is going to keep his mouth shut and say he's happy to still be a Redskin because he was going to be dealt for someone better, not someone below him.

Jay Cutler was going to be traded for a player nowheres near as good as him while Campbell was going to be dealt for a player better than him. Of course is going to keep his mouth shut and say he's happy to still be a Redskin because he was going to be dealt for someone better, not someone below him.

That has nothing to do with it. It boils down to Campbell = Class Cutler = Whining douchebag. The end.

LOL

Judging by all the "class" Joshie learned from his mentor......and has passed

on to denver in 3 short months

:bwahaharoll:

Al things being equal, it seems to be Bowlen's mess and Josh is taking care of it.

Bowlen fired Shanny who Cutler liked.

Bowlen promised the Offensive staff would remain in tact only to hire Josh and watch the staff go bye bye. Then Bowlen said he never said that.

Then the 'alleged' attempt to get Cassell. Josh might have broached the subject, but he is merely the HC. He is not the GM and ultimately that would go through Bowlen.

Cutler has three years remaining on his contract. Bowlen could have told him to eat a d!ck.

He 'allegeldy' asks to be traded. Cutler is granted this wish and is gone in two days.

This does not seem a little fishy?

That has nothing to do with it. It boils down to Campbell = Class Cutler = Whining douchebag. The end.

Incorrect.

It comes down to Campbell isn't 1/2 the QB Cutler is and would've been dealt for someone better, while Cutler was being talked about being dealt for someone not nearly as good.

I hate agreeing with trolls, but the 4,500 yards is nothing to get excited about

he simply had more possessions, and played against weak defenses playing from behind with no running game. he had numerous 40+ attempt games

so broncos games were like track meets, not much defense anywhere

orton could throw for 4,500 yards in that situation, but he'd get them to the playoffs ;)

Jets fans ought to be happy they don't have that man-child as their QB. Can you imagine his hissy-fit after a multi-pick game - with the meadowlands crowd booing - wouldn't be pretty. Cutler is a total d-word. So wasn't Farve, as far as I was concerned. Some people just don't learn. You do NOT want a selfish prick leading your team.

I , for one, am as happy as a pig in slop that we don't have Cutler. He's waaaay too immature for New York.

So, what you are saying is that they didn't lie to him, but they should have? McDaniel is a ****ing moron. You pretend he is your guy 100%, right up until he isn't. They are lucky they managed to get such a good deal for him considering how badly they ****ed this up.

So, what you are saying is that they didn't lie to him, but they should have? McDaniel is a ****ing moron. You pretend he is your guy 100%, right up until he isn't. They are lucky they managed to get such a good deal for him considering how badly they ****ed this up.

+1

Man do you have a hard on for joshie or what?

I thank gawd he was your OC vs Gints....how many points again? 14

Not nearly as bad as the penis envy you have of Belichick.

Yeah, his game planning was the issue. It had nothing to do with the OL. :rolleyes:

Archived