Mets vs. Cardinals @ Busch Stadium

Morrissey

I personally think the Mets should make a drastic change. It wasn't Willie and it's not Jerry. They may need to break up the core of the team.

Huh?

After 2 weeks you ditch a plan? That is pretty knee jerk.

While the jury is still out on Manuel, Willie was an abomination of a Manager. He was exactly what NY doesn't need in a manager, and was afraid of the media, and allowed his players to take the brunt of criticism, while he his in the manager's office.

Not exactly a leader.

Huh?

After 2 weeks you ditch a plan? That is pretty knee jerk.

While the jury is still out on Manuel, Willie was an abomination of a Manager. He was exactly what NY doesn't need in a manager, and was afraid of the media, and allowed his players to take the brunt of criticism, while he his in the manager's office.

Not exactly a leader.

One can argue it hasn't been only 2 weeks. It's been almost 3 years with this team, but tailsynon made a good point, outside of Santana, you're rotation is not very good.

One can argue it hasn't been only 2 weeks. It's been almost 3 years with this team, but tailsynon made a good point, outside of Santana, you're rotation is not very good.

It's been 3 years? 2006-2008 they spent the majority of the time in 1st place.

They collapsed the final 2 weeks the last 2 seasons. BTW, you can only hope that your golden child, Phil Hughes can become what Pelfrey was last season. This season he has pitched with a forearm issue so let's give him a few more starts sport.

I'll chalk your post up to sneaking into your Dad's liquor cabinet.:rolleyes:

The team has a whole new bullpen, how can you say it is the "same team"?

I have no idea how the season will play out, but to say "dismantle" ANY team after 2 weeks is assinine.

you dont break up this team after 2 weeks, but Omar should have made changes in the offseason.

To think the only problems the Mets had was with the bullpen was ridiculous. This team had mediocre SP last year and an offense with no killer instinct.

Omar has to live and die with this team. He made it. His job is riding on this team waking up.

I think it's a little too early to write off the Mets. It's April. No one is going to runaway with the NL East.

Their big problem last year was the bullpen and the GM brought in Putz and KRod, so it should be much improved. The starting staff hasn't performed well, besides Santana. I think Pelfrey will be fine and Livan is fine as a 5th starter. I'd be worried about Maine and Perez.

I thought the Mets should have brought in Manny. The last two seasons the lineup has failed in the clutch. Manny would have been the perfect remedy. As for his defense, he can't be worse than Murphy.

The problem is they only addressed the bullpen and assumed everything else would work out fine.

Heck.. 6 of our starting fielders are hitting over .300, yet we can never seem to get the clutch hit. Same sh!t we've dealt with the past 2 years... cant get it done when it matters.

And we had major SP issues... 2 open spots, another coming off injury, and and our 4th facing possible problems after throwing over 200ip for the first time in his career...

yet we resign Ollie "Coin Flip" Perez, grab Livan off the scrap heap, grab Tim Redding off the scrap heap and now our pitching staff looks like dogsh!t.

I'd like to believe this team can turn it around and compete, but the past two years with a similar team doesnt give me confidence they have the fire within them to get it done.

It's been 3 years? 2006-2008 they spent the majority of the time in 1st place.

They collapsed the final 2 weeks the last 2 seasons. BTW, you can only hope that your golden child, Phil Hughes can become what Pelfrey was last season. This season he has pitched with a forearm issue so let's give him a few more starts sport.

I'll chalk your post up to sneaking into your Dad's liquor cabinet.:rolleyes:

1. Unless Pelfrey throws something other than fastball, he's not going to be a great pitcher. You can get a away with it for a season, but eventually he;s going to have to develop a half decent breaking ball.

2. You're taking shots at Phil Hughes when he's out 6th starter, and Pelfrey is your 2nd. That's all we need to know about these 2 teams rotations.

1. Unless Pelfrey throws something other than fastball, he's not going to be a great pitcher. You can get a away with it for a season, but eventually he;s going to have to develop a half decent breaking ball.

2. You're taking shots at Phil Hughes when he's out 6th starter, and Pelfrey is your 2nd. That's all we need to know about these 2 teams rotations.

You obviously did not watch Pelfry pitch for the last half of the year.

Fastball is a fastball, I don't care how many different looks it has.

He throws a ball that sinks and off sets it with his fastball.

The clue that he was hurting was that he gave up 3 HRs already this year, after giving up a total of 12 in a total of 200 innings last year.

So to say that a fastball is a fastball, is incorrect. His is very hard to lift, when he is right.

You obviously did not watch Pelfry pitch for the last half of the year.

So what Pelfrey did for the last half of last season is more than enough to say he's gonna be a great pitcher but you're very happy to write off what Joba has done over a smiler time period since he was only a starter for about half the season last year. Disingenuous at best.

So what Pelfrey did for the last half of last season is more than enough to say he's gonna be a great pitcher but you're very happy to write off what Joba has done over a smiler time period since he was only a starter for about half the season last year. Disingenuous at best.

Where did I say he was going to be a great pitcher?

I was commenting on his pitch selection.

Sweep.

Wow. I am so smart. S-M-R-T

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="

"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

He throws a ball that sinks and off sets it with his fastball.

The clue that he was hurting was that he gave up 3 HRs already this year, after giving up a total of 12 in a total of 200 innings last year.

So to say that a fastball is a fastball, is incorrect. His is very hard to lift, when he is right.

Don't waste your breath debating with Tyler Walden. Hughes who was in their rotation to start last year and bombed is now what is called "their 6th starter" even though he is at AAA.

Fastball is a fastball, I don't care how many different looks it has.

for someone who seems to know alot about baseball this is a silly comment. no tall fastballs are created equal.....and there's a big difference between a 4 seamer, 2-seamer, sinker, cutter, splitter etc.....

Archived