So its official....no one is safe

vinnys025

This is major, GM is the staple of the American economy.

they're not folding, just going to go through a restucture. This is good for them in the long run, the judge will force the union to give up some concessions

they're not folding, just going to go through a restucture. This is good for them in the long run, the judge will force the union to give up some concessions

I know that the engine plant here in Buffalo is looking at another 30% layoffs. At least they're still open.

I bought 6,000 GM shares after the announcement.

i don't understand this one - i thought the shareholders were getting wiped out in the bankruptcy. the us gov't is getting 60% of the new company, the union is getting 17%, canada gets 10%, and the bondholders are getting the rest. is this not accurate?

i don't understand this one - i thought the shareholders were getting wiped out in the bankruptcy. the us gov't is getting 60% of the new company, the union is getting 17%, canada gets 10%, and the bondholders are getting the rest. is this not accurate?

You are correct. Think twice about "cheap" stock until they're about to emerge. When a company files Ch11, the FIRST thing the judge does is nullify most of the common stock. Gone. Poof. Kerput. Nada.

I owned boston market stock when they filed like 8yrs ago. They're still in business, because of the debt they shed by setting their stock on fire.

Archived