Who would win in a fight: K-Rod or Bruney?

nj meadowlands

Who would win in a fight: K-Rod or Bruney?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Who would win in a fight: K-Rod or Bruney?

• Francisco "K-Rod" Rodriguez
    • Brian Bruney

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
From what I've read lately, it doesn't matter how many innings a starter goes. I mean, after all, he only gave up 1 hit. ;)

Nope, it's all about how deep into the game a guy can pitch.

L. Hernandez - 5-1, 1.404 WHIP, 6.05 innings per start

Chamberlain - 3-1, 1.405 WHIP, 5.25 innings per start

I think it's pretty clear who has been the more effective pitcher this season.

Im not the one who opened his mouth to the press about another player on another team.

Im a fan. Not a player. And one that has criticized Krod for his antics.

Zing? How? Im a fan, not a member of the Mets organization.

Im not the one denying when someone from my team acts like an assh0le.

Your missing the point.

Am I?

Please explain to me...

I criticize my team.

Bruney criticizes another team.

I say Bruney should worry about his team first.

So what you're saying is that you, as only a Mets fan, think that the Yankees' injured set-up man should issue a statement calling out WCBS broadcaster John Sterling out for having no class because he yells "The Melk Man Delivers"?

I think I'm starting to get your point. Thanks for clearing that up.

So what you're saying is that you, as only a Mets fan, think that the Yankees' injured set-up man should issue a statement calling out WCBS broadcaster John Sterling out for having no class because he yells "The Melk Man Delivers"?

I think I'm starting to get your point. Thanks for clearing that up.

Is that what I said?

No. I said a player should worry about his team first before criticizes someone else. And I gave an example of someone he could target.

But keep twisting it any way you want to. I dont know why I waste my time even answering your posts. You're such a homer you cant see past the blinding light bouncing off 26 world championships.

BTW... obviously you missed the post where I said I had no problem with what Bruney said.... but thats typical for you.

I'd worry about his injury history. Luckily Tatis is streaky and might go into a cold slump just in time for the championship match.

Plus we all know the Mets choke in the clutch.

I don't know... I don't think anyone would **** with Gary Sheffield.

Is that what I said?

No. I said a player should worry about his team first before criticizes someone else. And I gave an example of someone he could target.

But keep twisting it any way you want to. I dont know why I waste my time even answering your posts. You're such a homer you cant see past the blinding light bouncing off 26 world championships.

BTW... obviously you missed the post where I said I had no problem with what Bruney said.... but thats typical for you.

I'm just trying to understand what you're talking about, man. Don't know why you're getting so angry. Maybe, though, my "homerism" is blinding me to the complete lack of class of John Sterling (even though I've acknowledged many a time that he's a complete buffoon). But I'm still not seeing what he has to do with Brian Bruney and KRod.

Must be the visions of Babe Ruth, Mickey Mantle and Derek Jeter getting in the way. Man, I'd really give up all of those great memories of Yankee championships if I could only just once see the world through your eyes. Then, and only then, could I finally get what John Sterling and the price of grapes in Tacoma has to do with this discussion.

But hey, I'm just a fan, not a member of the organization. I can think and say whatever I want.

Burnett would take out Sheff in the semi's after Sheff decks the Melk Man.

Cheap shot from behind.

I just keep picturing Sheff as Zeus, getting hit with a chair and turning around like it didn't bother him.

I'm just trying to understand what you're talking about, man. Don't know why you're getting so angry. Maybe, though, my "homerism" is blinding me to the complete lack of class of John Sterling (even though I've acknowledged many a time that he's a complete buffoon). But I'm still not seeing what he has to do with Brian Bruney and KRod.

Must be the visions of Babe Ruth, Mickey Mantle and Derek Jeter getting in the way. Man, I'd really give up all of those great memories of Yankee championships if I could only just once see the world through your eyes. Then, and only then, could I finally get what John Sterling and the price of grapes in Tacoma has to do with this discussion.

But hey, I'm just a fan, not a member of the organization. I can think and say whatever I want.

Im not angry. I just dont get how someone can be such a blinded homer like you.

John Sterling- classless

Krod- classless.

Bruney should worry about classless people in his organization before worrying about anyone else. Doesnt mean he was wrong about what he said, he just shouldnt say it when his own team is full of classless people.

Nope, it's all about how deep into the game a guy can pitch.

L. Hernandez - 5-1, 1.404 WHIP, 6.05 innings per start

Chamberlain - 3-1, 1.405 WHIP, 5.25 innings per start

I think it's pretty clear who has been the more effective pitcher this season.

I can't believe this got buried and Guido did not comment on it ;)

Im not angry. I just dont get how someone can be such a blinded homer like you.

John Sterling- classless

Krod- classless.

Bruney should worry about classless people in his organization before worrying about anyone else. Doesnt mean he was wrong about what he said, he just shouldnt say it when his own team is full of classless people.

Interesting. Compelling.

Could you teach me more about class? Can Brian Bruney do the opposite? Is he allowed to say that Carlos Beltran is a really great outfielder? Or does he have to compliment Michael Kay on his play-by-play calling first?

Interesting. Compelling.

Could you teach me more about class? Can Brian Bruney do the opposite? Is he allowed to say that Carlos Beltran is a really great outfielder? Or does he have to compliment Michael Kay on his play-by-play calling first?

Why should I waste my time? Yankee fans dont know what class is.

I wouldnt call Beltran a great outfielder after dropping a fly ball last week.

And Kay great at play by play? Wow.

Why should I waste my time? Yankee fans dont know what class is.

I wouldnt call Beltran a great outfielder after dropping a fly ball last week.

And Kay great at play by play? Wow.

I'm asking you to teach me about class. Is class getting on your best outfielder's case because he made an error? I feel like I'm learning.

I can't believe this got buried and Guido did not comment on it ;)

I'm sure that he's going to reply as soon as he finishes his dissertation on "The Effect of Strikeout Rates on Concentration in Middle Infielders".

I'm looking forward to reading his conclusions, so that I can determine whether or not I need to stock up on Ritalin for my son's Little League team.

I'm sure that he's going to reply as soon as he finishes his dissertation on "The Effect of Strikeout Rates on Concentration in Middle Infielders".

I'm looking forward to reading his conclusions, so that I can determine whether or not I need to stock up on Ritalin for my son's Little League team.

It wasn't really worthy of comment because a Chamberlain-Hernandez comparison isn't even in the same ballpark as the other topic. And we have another thread for that one already.

Besides, I'm really interesting in learning more about class today. It's so interesting. I've learned that I couldn't possibly understand it because my favorite team has such a history of winning, apparently.

It wasn't really worthy of comment because a Chamberlain-Hernandez comparison isn't even in the same ballpark as the other topic. And we have another thread for that one already.

Besides, I'm really interesting in learning more about class today. It's so interesting. I've learned that I couldn't possibly understand it because my favorite team has such a history of winning, apparently.

Based on some of your criteria, of who lasts longer, with similar numbers, there is a worthy discussion there.

Of course, Joba would have him killed in number of K's, but we know how that makes infields so much more error prone.:)

I'm asking you to teach me about class. Is class getting on your best outfielder's case because he made an error? I feel like I'm learning.

Did I ever say I had class? I dont believe so.

And I dont waste my time trying to teach people like you anything. Its a total waste of time. Like this entire thread.

delete

wasnt nice what I said.

My apologies to mr guido.

Based on some of your criteria, of who lasts longer, with similar numbers, there is a worthy discussion there.

Of course, Joba would have him killed in number of K's, but we know how that makes infields so much more error prone.:)

Who lasts longer applies in the specific instance of two dominant starters. It's a completely different conversation.

Is there a stat for class?

Archived