Mafia - Red Scare Game Thread

Doggin94it

This game is going nowhere so I'm not gonna' further delay the inevitable here.

Vote: No Lynch

I was hoping to hear from EY before this happened, but I agree its only delaying the inevitable. Still want to hear why he pushed so hard for the no lynch and then unvoted right when he convinced CTM.

Doggin's not usually active during the weekend, me thinks we are still waiting to Monday to find anything out.

• Replies 987
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I was hoping to hear from EY before this happened, but I agree its only delaying the inevitable. Still want to hear why he pushed so hard for the no lynch and then unvoted right when he convinced CTM.

Doggin's not usually active during the weekend, me thinks we are still waiting to Monday to find anything out.

He'll probably check in after sundown tonight.

He just "no voted" JiF not much of a difference.

His threat and your reaction was what convinced me. You're interpretation of his threat was the same as mine, which was .. interesting.

He just "no voted" JiF not much of a difference.

Its not so much about the vote as it is about him pushing so hard and then unvoting the no lynch. Its strange, especially when he was "diggin his heels" and taking his stance to switch right when he convinced CTM and the theory was gaining steam.

His threat and your reaction was what convinced me. You're interpretation of his threat was the same as mine, which was .. interesting.

Fully. Im just wanted to hear from him because I figured he had something up his sleeve. EY is a good scum hunter, thought maybe he was going to pull a "gotcha".

Am I the only one bothered by his move?

Honestly JiF im not buying the convinced CTM crap. Nor the convinced Vic Crap.

Let me say it again to make this real clear.

EY didn't convince me of anything. I still find his arguments in relation to numbers and odds around a No Lynch to be entirely erroneous.

What did convince me was the combination of his veiled threat to me, and the way Jif and slats (to a lesser extent) reacted to it.

We've never had a role here in which a lynch player was allowed to kill someone else when they die, yet several players reacted the same way to EY's threat. Maybe EY can do it, and Jif, and Slats, and who knows who else?

So maybe we have a number of people who are allowed to kill when dieing, which when combined with things JVOR had pointed out about Doggin's cryptic statements and the McCarthy theme of the game, leads me to believe that maybe, we have a game filled with seemingly pro town roles that are really anti town due to killing abilities and a lack of scum (or maybe a minimial amount of scum)

Fully. Im just wanted to hear from him because I figured he had something up his sleeve. EY is a good scum hunter, thought maybe he was going to pull a "gotcha".

Am I the only one bothered by his move?

There's no gotca coming and if there is, HE'D be sadly mistaken..

I'm not bothered by it because it reads to me as the beginning of henryhill'esque meltdown :D

EY didn't convince me of anything. I still find his arguments in relation to numbers and odds around a No Lynch to be entirely erroneous.

What did convince me was the combination of his veiled threat to me, and the way Jif and slats (to a lesser extent) reacted to it.

We've never had a role here in which a lynch player was allowed to kill someone else when they die, yet several players reacted the same way to EY's threat. Maybe EY can do it, and Jif, and Slats, and who knows who else?

So maybe we have a number of people who are allowed to kill when dieing, which when combined with things JVOR had pointed out about Doggin's cryptic statements and the McCarthy theme of the game, leads me to believe that maybe, we have a game filled with seemingly pro town roles that are really anti town due to killing abilities and a lack of scum (or maybe a minimial amount of scum)

EY specificly pointed to you CTM in bold letters YOU.

Whats your reaction to that ?

Maybe he didnt convince you but I think he definitely persuaded you especially with the threats on your life if you were a part of his lynch.

There's no gotca coming and if there is, HE'D be sadly mistaken..

I'm not bothered by it because it reads to me as the beginning of henryhill'esque meltdown :D

But that would be so fun.

EY specificly pointed to you CTM in bold letters YOU.

Whats your reaction to that ?

That he has an ability to bring someone else down with him and he was letting it be known it was me he was going to pick

So what happens at night in this game?

Players with night actions submit them. In case you aren't playign stupid here to avoid suspcion, I'll explain a bit..

In a standard game, there's scum (mafia), and a doctor and and cop (townies)

The scum pick a player to kill, typically a nondescript, no information player, or sometimes a player they think is strong.

The cop picks a player to investigate, and will get results (innocent/guilty) on that player

The doctor picks a player to protect, which blocks a scum attempted night kill.

These actions are submitted to the mod during the night phase. In more complex games, the interactions between night actions also get more complex. A common variation is to have a scum player be a "godfather", which makes him turn up innocent on investigation.

That he has an ability to bring someone else down with him and he was letting it be known it was me he was going to pick

CTM I agree he most defintely can take someone down with him but what I dont understand is why all of you guys are so quick to show your hands and what you know so early on (and not just in this particular instance).

This is where I disagree with alot of Mafia game players. It looks like some of you are too quick to say LOOK I know the game, this is what I ASSUME is going down. If your a townie thats a big bullseye on your head if your correct. I get labeled a nut in alot of games (by design) but you will also see people are very unsure of just where im coming from. Then when things clear up towards the end of the game you pounce. :Nuts:

I had some concerns that the no lynch vote might trigger some disaster, so I was very pleased with Doggin's so no lynch it is.

Now we see what happens at nighttime.

CTM I agree he most defintely can take someone down with him but what I dont understand is why all of you guys are so quick to show your hands and what you know so early on (and not just in this particular instance).

This is where I disagree with alot of Mafia game players. It looks like some of you are too quick to say LOOK I know the game, this is what I ASSUME is going down. If your a townie thats a big bullseye on your head if your correct. I get labeled a nut in alot of games (by design) but you will also see people are very unsure of just where im coming from. Then when things clear up towards the end of the game you pounce. :Nuts:

Different playing styles are welcome.

In this particular case, we've been warned that outside the box thinking will be required to win a nearly impossible to win game. JiF and CTM jumped out with some playing the mod concepts that led me to change my vote. We might need to get whatever cards we're allowed to put on the table out on the table early in this one.

1) game is not over so no lynch is not a valid win condition.

2) i'm probably abandoning the no commie among us angle. Given what we know about some threats being made (which i take as valid) i would definitely no kill last night to mess with your head and force town to make a decision. Makes me believe someone experienced is at the helm.

1. there is no scum

2. Doc in game chose to protect correctly (doubt it)

Im confused as well as to how to proceed if there is no scum

Well, we can no lynch over again in a stubborn fashion, though I don't see that accomplishing much but boredom. As I said, it doesn't seem like a valid plan anymore, so basically I'm going to treat this like a regular game again.

If there is scum, given certain stipulations, the voting patterns are going to be very revealing. I think they'll be very telling this game.

Well, we can no lynch over again in a stubborn fashion, though I don't see that accomplishing much but boredom. As I said, it doesn't seem like a valid plan anymore, so basically I'm going to treat this like a regular game again.

If there is scum, given certain stipulations, the voting patterns are going to be very revealing. I think they'll be very telling this game.

Well EY made it clear he can Take someone out so his role cant be all that good . Do we take him out and take our chances ? Im not sure we have a choice.

That or we try one more Quick "no lynch" To se what comes of that.

Ok...

So, did the

1) The scum decide to no kill?

2) did a doctor protect happen?

3) Do we have some bullet proof townies in this game?

4) Are they unable to kill at night?

5) Are their no commies in the game?

6) Could the scum have a conversion ability which can be used instead of a kill, that they elected to use last night?

The fact that no lynch wasn't a win condition should eliminate 5, unless someone else can think of a different angle

With EY, Jif and who knows else seemingly able to kill when killed, #4 and #1 certainly seem plausible.

And #3 and #2 are always possibly, if unlikely.

Given the 3.6 players, and the flavor which is conducive to conversions, I'd say there's a fair chance of this.

WE can either no lynch again, or begin scum hunting, I don't have strong feelings either way

Ok...

So, did the

6) Could the scum have a conversion ability which can be used instead of a kill, that they elected to use last night?

The fact that no lynch wasn't a win condition should eliminate 5, unless someone else can think of a different angle

With EY, Jif and who knows else seemingly able to kill when killed, #4 and #1 certainly seem plausible.

Given the 3.6 players, and the flavor which is conducive to conversions, I'd say there's a fair chance of this.

WE can either no lynch again, or begin scum hunting, I don't have strong feelings either way

I think a quick no lynch is in order. What else can we possibly find out at this point ?

Ok...

So, did the

How do we know #5 is incorrect?

Maybe there are no commies. Maybe the point of the game is to see how paranoid the moderator can make the rest of us. Remember, Doggin did say it is impossible to win in this game.

Ok...

So, did the

The conversion angle is interesting... And one that we might have to consider.

The conversion angle is interesting. The setup lends itself to that.

I'd love to hear an investigation report, but on the off chance that the doc successfully self-protected last night, it's not a good idea for our cop (if we even have one) to come forward.

I don't think we gain anything by not hunting scum at this point. I don't see the advantage of another no lynch vote right now. I know who I won't be voting for this day phase.

Archived