Mafia - Red Scare Game Thread

Doggin94it

So at 7-4 you want power roles to reveal?

How do you know what the power roles are ? Do you think its just going to be the normal cop/doc scenario ? Doggin made it clear "you cant win" WTF does that mean ? Also about the No Lynch, Doggin never said it was in any way a part of the game he just went with it when JVoR said No vote. So by not knowing what your dealing with why not take the safe approach and Not Lynch ? Forget about voting patterns for now they are not in play nor will be the game is going to end quickly IMHO.

• Replies 987
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I expect surprises in this game. Like you, I'm curious as to what that ".6" is going to mean. I'm also wondering if there's any unusual benefit to the scum team if we vote no lynch. Maybe Doggin gives them an extra kill if no one dies during the day? I don't know.

I had this post in mind while writing my last post.

1) JiF - Top Suspect, he's doing anything he can to avoid a no lynch while also pressing smash hard... Then jumps to JVOR based on him not being around, even though only in his first game was he overly talkative, something he realized was a mistake, fixed it in the 2nd, which he happened to be scum, but hasn't tried to be a leader again in any game. Also mentions 'we can build a case on smash later'. This to me is him setting up future lynches.

2) EY - why bother.

3) Crusher - Suspect 3, Did not like his bandwagon onto JVOR. He's jumped around quite about.

4) Irish Jet - I think he's wrong about me, but not thinking he's guilty right now.

5) Slats - Suspect 2, I do not like his whole series of posts, plus, he bandwagon'd onto me as well. He initially liked the idea of no lynch, but wanted to wait it out.

6) CTM - mild chance of him being scum. Don't agree with him, but I don't think he'd take me on day 1 like this as scum. Will need to see more.

7) Pac - Probably innocent.

8) Klecko - Probably innocent... but

9) Verbal - new player who clearly knows his stuff... no strong read.

10) Vicious - mild chance of scum. Don't have a strong case yet.

11) Smashmouth - I'm simply not seeing the case on him. I've seen smash play before, and it's been a while so I may be shooting myself in the foot, but I have caught him as scum as well, and this is simply how he plays. He's a nut. I'm not ready to add to his vote count not only because I don't agree with it, but because then you'd all just say I was bandwagonning.

12) JVoR - No read yet.

Only reason i am for a no lynch is that i am thinking out of the ordinary. The mccarthy linkage isn't just a coincidence right? U know, where paranoia reigned? I just wanted yo no lynch once to see if there is any death in the morning with town roles that can kill not killing.

Disappearing isn't a mafia mo of mine it is a busy mo. I am fine with getting lynched purely to prove none of you can read me. I am town and i have a theory that maybe you know doggin just wanta us to be paranoid. If it is clear there is a mafia i will play the game as per usual.

So, with all that said, I'm still liking the No Lynch, but am willing to go for JiF or slats.

Ironic, I guess.

I'm feeling pretty good about JiF because he's so adamantly against the no lynch option this early - and I agree. Whereas you and Smashmouth definitely have my attention.

Ironic, I guess.

I'm feeling pretty good about JiF because he's so adamantly against the no lynch option this early - and I agree. Whereas you and Smashmouth definitely have my attention.

There is nothing about being adamantly against the 'no lynch' that makes you pro-town.

And the only way being pro-no lynch is scummy is 1) you don't allow any information (but what benefit does that have over sacrificing what it usually an easy day 1 lynch) and 2) there is some additional clause in the gave that gives scum an unseen and unknown advantage.

There is nothing about being adamantly against the 'no lynch' that makes you pro-town.

And the only way being pro-no lynch is scummy is 1) you don't allow any information (but what benefit does that have over sacrificing what it usually an easy day 1 lynch) and 2) there is some additional clause in the gave that gives scum an unseen and unknown advantage.

All we're doing is putting off the easy day one lynch to day two, with the same amount of information and a tighter deadline. Voting no lynch this early is the equivalent of doing nothing. No info, just a kill down heading into day two.

Like I said, I'm open to it come Sunday night, but to have it as a first option makes no sense. This game isn't that small.

Only reason i am for a no lynch is that i am thinking out of the ordinary. The mccarthy linkage isn't just a coincidence right? U know, where paranoia reigned? I just wanted yo no lynch once to see if there is any death in the morning with town roles that can kill not killing.

Disappearing isn't a mafia mo of mine it is a busy mo. I am fine with getting lynched purely to prove none of you can read me. I am town and i have a theory that maybe you know doggin just wanta us to be paranoid. If it is clear there is a mafia i will play the game as per usual.

That's actually not a bad thought...

He really gave a lot of clues to it, which is actually making me hesitant.. I missed the out of the box thinking thing too, where did he say to think outside the box?

advantage for town to forfeit chance of killing scum

All we're doing is putting off the easy day one lynch to day two, with the same amount of information and a tighter deadline. Voting no lynch this early is the equivalent of doing nothing. No info, just a kill down heading into day two.

Like I said, I'm open to it come Sunday night, but to have it as a first option makes no sense. This game isn't that small.

No. Because we have a strong shot at 3 known innocents, or the cop could get a guilty.

And yes, I realize the cop could get hit, but those odds are less than any others in a play we're making.

Continue to ignore that your forfeiting your smallest chance in the game to kill scum.

I dont understand how this is not obvious.

Why the hell are we giving up our possible 25 to 33 % chance to kill a commie. :rolleyes:

BTW EY good assessment of the game in your post before.

Continue to ignore that your forfeiting your smallest chance in the game to kill scum.

huh?

Anytime you catch scum early your odds immediately go down. If we lynch scum today and tomorrow, our odds day 3 are are like 12 % Do we no lynch our way to victory then too?

I dont understand how this is not obvious.

Why the hell are we giving up our possible 25 to 33 % chance to kill a commie. :rolleyes:

BTW EY good assessment of the game in your post before.

Cause its wrong.

huh?

Anytime you catch scum early your odds immediately go down. If we lynch scum today and tomorrow, our odds day 3 are are like 12 % Do we no lynch our way to victory then too?

It's huh, because you're looking at it wrong.

Based on the odds, today is the least likely day to lynch scum. So yes, we'd be sacrificing 1 day of a potential scum lynch, but that day is the least likely to be successful.

Vote Count

EY (4) - CTM, Pac, Slats, Irish

No lynch (3) - JVoR, EY, Smashmouth

Smashmouth (1) - Klecko

JVoR (3) - Vicious, JiF, Crusher

Not voting: Verbal

With 12 players alive, it takes 7 votes to lynch.

Deadline: Monday morning at 9 am. All further days will be 72 hours.

It's huh, because you're looking at it wrong.

Based on the odds, today is the least likely day to lynch scum. So yes, we'd be sacrificing 1 day of a potential scum lynch, but that day is the least likely to be successful.

If it's 9 vs 3, and we 2 scum in first 3 days, what are our odds on day 4?

How about 1 scum lynch in first 2 days with a doctor protect?

Saying today is least likely is wrong.

In the beginning were busting each other's balls and having fun and now we're debating procedure and strategy.

It just seems that the game suddenly got serious.

Time to put the thinking cap on..

If it's 9 vs 3, and we 2 scum in first 3 days, what are our odds on day 4?

How about 1 scum lynch in first 2 days with a doctor protect?

Saying today is least likely is wrong.

Today is the least likely day to hit scum... And yes, if we go 2 for 3, it's great, but that's also wishful thinking.

Last game without any twists and turns, scum wasn't actually lynched until the very end.

Regardless CT, you case against me is weak at best, and my mind isn't going to change on the no lynch. Now, if you'd like to look at my actual ideas on the players, I'd be happy to start doing that, and would consider voting JiF and possibly slats too.

Today is the least likely day to hit scum... And yes, if we go 2 for 3, it's great, but that's also wishful thinking.

Last game without any twists and turns, scum wasn't actually lynched until the very end.

Sticking to you POV despite evidence to the contrary is textbook klogical thinking

Regardless CT, you case against me is weak at best, and my mind isn't going to change on the no lynch. Now, if you'd like to look at my actual ideas on the players, I'd be happy to start doing that, and would consider voting JiF and possibly slats too.

My case against you is weak.

And i am actually thinking of no lynch, not because it's a sound strategy, but because it's a doggin game that he's attempting to influence with his you will not win stuff..

Archived