Mafia - Red Scare Game Thread

Doggin94it

How do we know #5 is incorrect?

Maybe there are no commies. Maybe the point of the game is to see how paranoid the moderator can make the rest of us. Remember, Doggin did say it is impossible to win in this game.

Because if there's no commies, the only way I can think to trigger a win is to no lynch (doggin said you can win, but won't)

Since you are keen to push the idea of no commies further, I'll

Vote Klecko73isGod

Cause it's the best clue we've had so far. Maybe a newb mistake you have made..

• Replies 987
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Because if there's no commies, the only way I can think to trigger a win is to no lynch (doggin said you can win, but won't)

Since you are keen to push the idea of no commies further, I'll

Vote Klecko73isGod

Cause it's the best clue we've had so far. Maybe a newb mistake you have made..

Im not following you here Chan ? What noob mistake did Kleck make

Ok...

So, did the

1) The scum decide to no kill?

2) did a doctor protect happen?

3) Do we have some bullet proof townies in this game?

4) Are they unable to kill at night?

5) Are their no commies in the game?

6) Could the scum have a conversion ability which can be used instead of a kill, that they elected to use last night?

The fact that no lynch wasn't a win condition should eliminate 5, unless someone else can think of a different angle

With EY, Jif and who knows else seemingly able to kill when killed, #4 and #1 certainly seem plausible.

And #3 and #2 are always possibly, if unlikely.

Given the 3.6 players, and the flavor which is conducive to conversions, I'd say there's a fair chance of this.

WE can either no lynch again, or begin scum hunting, I don't have strong feelings either way

Nice breakdown and those were all the questions I was running through my head, what about the potential of only 1 scum? This player needs to convert before he can kill? So potentially last night there was no kill because he couldnt until he converted someone to become a commie.

Doesnt really explain outside the box thinking though, because its still standard assuming Doggin didnt put the restrictions he did on me when I was cult leader (dickhead), but then it would explain him telling everyone that there was no chance to win.

I dont know, just thinking out loud here...

Until I hear from EY, he's my number 1 suspect. That move was shaddy, he hasnt posted since, yet he has had some posts in the main forum.

As far as a possible slip from Kleck, its definitely note worthy but it could be genuine. He has had a lot of questions, but how perfect would that be if he was a commie. Play dumb (though not hard for him) and just go under the radar asking questions and playing confused.

1. there is no scum

2. Doc in game chose to protect correctly (doubt it)

Im confused as well as to how to proceed if there is no scum

Maybe the scum decided to not night kill and force us to make a decision during the day this time.

Or maybe we have some sleepers among us that need something happen to become communist. Because with this result that means the SK is either absent or picked the protected person. Same for the scu, maybe they tried and killed the self protected Doc? Not a chance IMHO.

Maybew th the vig if he is in the game, decided to take the advice of some posters and holstered their weapon.

Seems wierd but its almost like we have to come up with different patterns to lynch. Is it possible that the sk is the only starting bad guy and he can convert people at some time? If would make sense for him not to have killed last night.\

I know its too l;ate on this night phase. But maybe iust might be a good idead for the cop to self investigate. To see if he sane, paranoid or what haave you. With the lasck of bad guys so far it would make sense Doggin would do things to get us to start eating our own. I think thats the point of the Red Scare. He didn't title the game "the commies are coming",, he made sure that he let us know feart would play a part.

Anyhow getting ready to go to the water to take the kids tubing and tan my acreage. See ya tonight.

Smashmouth, I think No lynch is a bad idea this cycle. If there is a conversion factor, it only makes it worse. There really is no need to No lynch again if the first time it didn't trigger a special win condition.

The fact that there was no kill makes me smell setup or conversion is a factor.

JVoR since no one has died yet are we not in the exact same position as we were when the game started ? other than some assumptions Chan has put forth. What is our best guess right now as to whats going on ? If I held a gun to your head would you go on assumptions or the facts ? The only fact being no one was NK with the best odds (thinking outside the box) being there are no commies and this is just a scare and we will only destroy ourselves by voting to lynch someone. Maybe the commies cant Night kill and they have to try and convince us to lynch during the day knowing they can take out multiple people that way, with the possible roles involved.

There was hot debate as to weather "no lynch" was a good option due to percentages of killing a townie. But why would Commies not kill someone ? what would they stand to gain?

I have not played a game with a conversion yet so is this just a guess on Chans part or has a game like this existed before ? Is he saying the .6 is someone who could be swayed one way or the other ? Like a double agent ?

My personal opinion is there are commies in this game but they do not have the power to NK but they know our roles. Possible ?

WHo stands the most to gain if we think there's no scum in this game and there is?

It seems to me that there is someone who has been trying to orchestrate things from the very start of this game, someone who was all too quick to jump on EY's no lynch movement and who couldn't wait to start pointing fingers today.

VOTE: CTM

It seems to me that there is someone who has been trying to orchestrate things from the very start of this game, someone who was all too quick to jump on EY's no lynch movement and who couldn't wait to start pointing fingers today.

He wants you to vote for him Klecko . dont do it . Its a commie trap. No Lynch is the way to go.

He wants you to vote for him Klecko . dont do it . Its a commie trap. No Lynch is the way to go.

Commie trap?

You're #2 on my list of potential scum at the moment..

It's time to rattle cages and you two tinkerbells are more interested in playing tiddlywinks

Commie trap?

It's time to rattle cages and you two tinkerbells are more interested in playing tiddlywinks

Not for nothing Channy, but I'm not the punk ass little bitch who voted no lynch the first time around.

Oh and I see your little partner EY lurking there... yeah, I said it! What's up now?

Not for nothing Channy, but I'm not the punk ass little bitch who voted no lynch the first time around.

Oh and I see your little partner EY lurking there... yeah, I said it! What's up now?

EY has been lurking for 2 days with nothing said I would like to hear from him as well.

Commie trap?

Oh now im scum ? And # 2 no less.

Klecko Im not falling for the chan conversion crap. I feel Commies cant NK. I also feel if we lynch we can do massive damage to ourselves. Vote no lynch it certainly cant hurt. Like I said before were in the same damn boat as yesterday.

Chan may be a commie but I feel commies have a role that can be very distructive.

no lynch

Explain please.

I see no benefit to a no lynch this day phase. We gained nothing the first time, other than stalling the game a day. Don't know what the lack of NK's means, just know the no lynch appears to've been ineffective.

You're still high on my list.

I think it's possible that EY revealed to much about his role, and may've been shut up by the mod. Of course, when he posts next in this thread you can feel free discount that theory.

Explain please.

I see no benefit to a no lynch this day phase. We gained nothing the first time, other than stalling the game a day. Don't know what the lack of NK's means, just know the no lynch appears to've been ineffective.

You're still high on my list.

I think it's possible that EY revealed to much about his role, and may've been shut up by the mod. Of course, when he posts next in this thread you can feel free discount that theory.

Slats I feel that Commies do exist in this game. I also feel they can not NK. Im not buying the conversion crap CTM spewed and Im not buying that a Doc got lucky. They have to try and convince us to Lynch. Why else would EY claim he could do damage if he was lynched ?

Maybe commies can do damage if lynched as well as townies, but on a larger scale. If thats the case they can fool us townies into destroying ourselves. Its not out of the question CTM could very well be the sacrificial lamb here hes played that part before. I know hes "thinking" now in PM's to his commie buddies because if my Idea was half bajed he would have been all over me. Hes scrambling right now. Maybe im crazy, maybe Im thinking too far outside the box. Thats up to you guys, who know your townies, to decide.

I've reread this fiasco and I got nothing.

- JVOR drops this whole no lynch strategy and disappears only to return when catching some heat

- EY passive aggressively threatens that pompous ass CTM

- Slats is seemingly agreeing with many theories but not coming up with any of his own

- Kleck is a reactionary tool

- Smash is a manic depressive that needs to lay of the coffee

- JIF is still a dick

- Crush is constantly hungry

- Doggin is working himself into a lather because no one has an inkling of just wtf is going on here.

I don't believe in this faggy no lynch approach but am not quite ready to vote. You guys are teh suck.

- JVOR drops this whole no lynch strategy and disappears only to return when catching some heat

- Slats is seemingly agreeing with many theories but not coming up with any of his own

- JIF is still a dick

- Doggin is working himself into a lather because no one has an inkling of just wtf is going on here.

I don't believe in this faggy no lynch approach but am not quite ready to vote. You guys are teh suck.

:hand:

- JIF is still a dick

Uh Oh here he is . :rolleyes:

NO LYNCH

Funny Stuff Pac:Nuts:

- JIF is still a dick

- Doggin is working himself into a lather because no one has an inkling of just wtf is

going on here.

Pac why is it you where absolutely all over the place last game to the point of flushing out our power roles, where it is this game your like a ghost? Did you run out of dikhead juice or you gots something to hide.?

By the way Im not always hungry.... Never mind ,, yes I am.

You got 7 posts this entire game. Lat game you had 7 post a minute. Whats a matter? Lost your penis pump? Not feeling cofident? You can try Enzyte, it worked for Bob.

Slats I feel that Commies do exist in this game. I also feel they can not NK. Im not buying the conversion crap CTM spewed and Im not buying that a Doc got lucky. They have to try and convince us to Lynch. Why else would EY claim he could do damage if he was lynched ?

I'll tell you this, I see no reason at for scum to not've NK'd last night. And if there was a serial killer, there was no reason for him not to kill last night, either. Not as far as I can see. So if that's the basis of your theory, I'm listening.

But I don't understand why you'd be so quick to discount the conversion angle. We've had two games here that incorporated it; the Zombie game, and the JI game with the cult.

Problem I see with your idea is that I don't see how we win. We keep voting no lynch for how long? If you think there are scum, how do we eliminate them? The game just goes on until they confess? Conversely, if there is a conversion angle, the scum could increase in number and overtake the town without having to thin our numbers at all - making the no lynch concept nothing but a slow death for the town.

If this is your idea, then you need to think it thru and explain our path to victory.

Maybe commies can do damage if lynched as well as townies, but on a larger scale. If thats the case they can fool us townies into destroying ourselves. Its not out of the question CTM could very well be the sacrificial lamb here hes played that part before. I know hes "thinking" now in PM's to his commie buddies because if my Idea was half bajed he would have been all over me. Hes scrambling right now. Maybe im crazy, maybe Im thinking too far outside the box. Thats up to you guys, who know your townies, to decide.

I think EY's town, and that he's in the penalty box for blabbing too much about his role. I think it's a role that JiF and maybe CTM share, and that it's almost certainly not limited to them. Right now, those are guys I wouldn't go after.

Is it possible that there are no commies and that we are just all town? And that the Red Scare is just our paranoia about commies and we just all kill each other until the last man standing....I can see Doggin doing this to us....

I know a few of you have voiced this theory, but I wanted to say it again. I guess that once there is a NK, that theory is dead, but until then I'm keeping it in the back of my mind.

Is it possible that there are no commies and that we are just all town? And that the Red Scare is just our paranoia about commies and we just all kill each other until the last man standing....I can see Doggin doing this to us....

I know a few of you have voiced this theory, but I wanted to say it again. I guess that once there is a NK, that theory is dead, but until then I'm keeping it in the back of my mind.

I think a no lynch would've been the win condition though, no?

CTM always orchestrates, its kind of his thing. Sometimes its good, most of the time its really bad.

Oh now im scum ? And # 2 no less.

Klecko Im not falling for the chan conversion crap. I feel Commies cant NK. I also feel if we lynch we can do massive damage to ourselves. Vote no lynch it certainly cant hurt. Like I said before were in the same damn boat as yesterday.

Chan may be a commie but I feel commies have a role that can be very distructive.

no lynch

How so?

Pac why is it you where absolutely all over the place last game to the point of flushing out our power roles, where it is this game your like a ghost? Did you run out of dikhead juice or you gots something to hide.?

By the way Im not always hungry.... Never mind ,, yes I am.

You got 7 posts this entire game. Lat game you had 7 post a minute. Whats a matter? Lost your penis pump? Not feeling cofident? You can try Enzyte, it worked for Bob.

Yes. I noticed this too. You are som observent my muffin top. Pac is not being his doucheself. Though his little break down was funny. That said, doesnt it always seem when a player does that little breakdown that they're scum? I swear, I know I've done it and know I've seen it happen for others.

I said this early and you werent into the idea. Why the change of heart?

If their was no Scum or SK then we would have already won. By usual mafia standards. So something else has to be up. A sk that can recruit or an automatic transformation to commie after a no kill day? I do agree that no one dying at all makes it all the more confusing. I personally think some kind of conversion has to be at work.

Maybe their are sk and Commies in the game but they don;t have the ability to kill yet. Someone tossed that out and it's interesting.

I think a no lynch would've been the win condition though, no?

Not one time it wouldnt . Maybe it takes more than one no lynch . Doggin obviously gave out roles, EY claims he could take someone out with him in that case you test the waters with a no lynch. Doggin probably allowed for that.

Thats why I called for another quick No Lynch that would answer alot of questions IMHO.

I think this is just a scare. We need to hold our ground. People made refrence to McCarthy as did Doggin McCarthy had no evicence and created a scare why not Doggin ?

If their was no Scum or SK then we would have already won. By usual mafia standards. So something else has to be up. A sk that can recruit or an automatic transformation to commie after a no kill day? I do agree that no one dying at all makes it all the more confusing. I personally think some kind of conversion has to be at work.

Maybe their are sk and Commies in the game but they don;t have the ability to kill yet. Someone tossed that out and it's interesting.

Crusher I tossed it out and I believe if there are commies they dont have the ability to kill with a traditional NK but they can take others down with them on a lynch. Its possible townies can do the same creating a chain reaction.

CTM always orchestrates, its kind of his thing. Sometimes its good, most of the time its really bad.

How so?

Yes. I noticed this too. You are som observent my muffin top. Pac is not being his doucheself. Though his little break down was funny. That said, doesnt it always seem when a player does that little breakdown that they're scum? I swear, I know I've done it and know I've seen it happen for others.

I said this early and you werent into the idea. Why the change of heart?

JiF if there are commies and they cant NK maybe if we lynch one they can take out multiple players with them. It would make total sense . If your taking away their ability to NK you have to give them something. I think they know this and are trying now to figure out WTF to do. Lets say a commie can take out 2 others on a lynch and a townie can take another thats 5 people down on one lynch that can lead to a possible chain reaction and kill us all. We can NOT lynch the play is no lynch. One thing is we will know for sure if we no lynch today and no one gets NK. Nuclear weapons have chain reactions right ? What was the true scare back in the day ?

Short and sweet if we lynch I believe we walk into a chain reaction of death with a very remote possibility someone survives and wins the game by default.

Truth be told I have a new lady friend who is taking up a lot of my time. save it... I'm just as surprised as you. I'd like to tell her we don't have to spend as much time together as we have been but I don't think that would bode well for the longevity of our... whatever the hell we have going on.

The question of the hour seems to be how do you win if this is the type of game that whacko Smash and others are implying. I think the best source of info would be Verbal since he seems to have modded many games including some that are out of the norm. I'm a bit surprised he mentioned the possibility of us all being town but didn't expound on his suggestions for how you'd win that type of game... for that reason I'll go back and Vote Verbal. That said if there's a CTM movement you can count on my vote. His hypothesizing is starting to make me nauseous.

Truth be told I have a new lady friend who is taking up a lot of my time. save it... I'm just as surprised as you. I'd like to tell her we don't have to spend as much time together as we have been but I don't think that would bode well for the longevity of our... whatever the hell we have going on.

LYNCH ALL LIARS!!!!

OT: just finished watching "THE SWEEP"

PAC : I would love some options here really if Verbal can come up with one. I would also like to know why EY has been silenced as mentioned in another post. I think we have to vote no lynch for the simple reason its the only way were going to find something out without any real damage if what Im suggesting is true, and trust me this is not some half assed suggestion, I am a townie and I have my reasons. If someone gets NK then we proceed as we normally would. If no one dies again there are 3 scenarios IMHO Ill list them in order of probability.

1. Commies can't NK

2. There are no commies at all

3. Slight chance a Doc protected correctly 2x in a row. (very Unlikely)

JiF if there are commies and they cant NK maybe if we lynch one they can take out multiple players with them. It would make total sense . If your taking away their ability to NK you have to give them something. I think they know this and are trying now to figure out WTF to do. Lets say a commie can take out 2 others on a lynch and a townie can take another thats 5 people down on one lynch that can lead to a possible chain reaction and kill us all. We can NOT lynch the play is no lynch. One thing is we will know for sure if we no lynch today and no one gets NK. Nuclear weapons have chain reactions right ? What was the true scare back in the day ?

Short and sweet if we lynch I believe we walk into a chain reaction of death with a very remote possibility someone survives and wins the game by default.

I have considered scum not being able to NK but given an ability to take others down with them on a lynch..

If that's the case though, it's not a matter of thinking outside of the box just a matter of lynching all scum before they are able to blow us all up.

And pac, if your nauseous, it's not my hypothesizing, but more likely an allergic reaction to the plastic your new "lady friend" is made of..

btw... who says "lady friend" - sounds like something a sleazeball swinger in the 70's would say..

Archived