Mafia - Red Scare Game Thread

Doggin94it

• Replies 987
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't know why but I'm buying this. If what you're saying is true then I highly doubt EY would have gotten away with what he said. Although he has been silent since it's important to note that he hinted at his role repeatedly and Doggin even posted updates in between them.

IMO he's been the scummiest poster thus far and IMO lynching him will go quite a long way to revealing just WTF is going on in this game.

Vote: EY

I also believe Jif that he was told he'd be modkilled if doing what EY did.. So EY must be lieing. Maybe he is scum that knows a player like Jif exists and tried to fake the claim..

@mod - Has Ey been silenced or anything?

I also believe Jif that he was told he'd be modkilled if doing what EY did.. So EY must be lieing. Maybe he is scum that knows a player like Jif exists and tried to fake the claim..

So EY tried to draw out the guy who could do what he was claiming to do?

So EY tried to draw out the guy who could do what he was claiming to do?

Or just made a claim that would resonate with other players..

1 way scum will try and avoid being lynched is to try and claim a power role of some sort. Either to stave off their lynch, or to out the real town power role.

I think roles like Jif's aren't all that pro town, so I can't see EY trying to out that role. Just wondering if the scum know something about x number of townies having this type of power

Or maybe scum have the power as well and are allowed to mention it

Or just made a claim that would resonate with other players..

1 way scum will try and avoid being lynched is to try and claim a power role of some sort. Either to stave off their lynch, or to out the real town power role.

I think roles like Jif's aren't all that pro town, so I can't see EY trying to out that role. Just wondering if the scum know something about x number of townies having this type of power

Or maybe scum have the power as well and are allowed to mention it

Would it make any sense for scum to have that power? They can (allegedly) night kill and they can be in cahoots with one another. Giving them a power like that would make the game unfair IMO.

I have to say though that I do find it interesting that you "believe" this yet you're vote is on Klecko.

I'm taking my vote off of EY until you vote for him. I think you know why.

Unvote: EY

I have to say though that I do find it interesting that you "believe" this yet you're vote is on Klecko.

I'm taking my vote off of EY until you vote for him. I think you know why.

Unvote: EY

Honestly, i'm waiting to hear back from the mod and see if EY posts again to clarify. He's threatened to take me out with him, so I need to have as much information as I can before voting him..

If he's scum and he takes me out with him, thats one thing, but if he's a townie and his death kills me as well, that would suck

Honestly, i'm waiting to hear back from the mod and see if EY posts again to clarify. He's threatened to take me out with him, so I need to have as much information as I can before voting him..

If he's scum and he takes me out with him, thats one thing, but if he's a townie and his death kills me as well, that would suck

That would kind of suck.

That's because he and EY are in cahoots and are trying to manipulate everything.

0% chance..

I was one of the first people to go after EY remember and will gladly vote him today once i get a bit more information..

Also, it'd be nice for EY to post some..

My point remains though. Right now I'm not voting EY unless you do. If you hear what you want to hear from Doggin then you better put up or shut up. You've already said that you'd find it okay to vote for him so I'm going to wait and see if you'll back that up before I do anything.

I was going to address all of you that have questioned me or quoted me, but its pointless.

The bottom line here is, EY lied. Plain and simple. As to why, we dont know, as to why he isnt posting anymore, we dont know. Smash, I'm not comparing this to other games, what EY did this game, from what I understand, would have got me mod killed. Even if my role has the power you guys are assuming it has or not. I can not hint to my role the way EY did or I would be mod killed. Why is he special?...there is only one way to find out.

If we lynch him, we learn something. So we can sit here and go in circles over and over again about what to do and what not to do and in the end, we will gain nothing. However, lynching EY gives us something...bad or good. And at this point, I dont think its going to be bad to the point where we (the town) are ****ed. So, let lynch his ass, learn something and move on.

I really dont know why this logic is being questioned.

And this means 0% chance ??

To me it does..

I think most people who have played with EY or I, would think that we would concoct a plan involving one of us dieing early without setting up other people in the process..

I was going to address all of you that have questioned me or quoted me, but its pointless.

The bottom line here is, EY lied. Plain and simple. As to why, we dont know, as to why he isnt posting anymore, we dont know. Smash, I'm not comparing this to other games, what EY did this game, from what I understand, would have got me mod killed. Even if my role has the power you guys are assuming it has or not. I can not hint to my role the way EY did or I would be mod killed. Why is he special?...there is only one way to find out.

If we lynch him, we learn something. So we can sit here and go in circles over and over again about what to do and what not to do and in the end, we will gain nothing. However, lynching EY gives us something...bad or good. And at this point, I dont think its going to be bad to the point where we (the town) are ****ed. So, let lynch his ass, learn something and move on.

I'm not questioning it. I just want to make sure CTM, who initially agreed with it, doesn't back off.

At the very least we should wait until Doggin answers CTM about whether he silenced EY or not.

One quick "No Lynch " vote answers alot of questions, gets this game moving, and It cant hurt the town (or at least the odds are it cant) so whats your problem ?

I'm still waiting to hear about all these questions that get answered with a no lynch vote (especially if we get no NK's again), and how voting no lynch progresses the game.

Fair enough. What if he tells you that he wont answer that question?

Right now, I'm inclined to believe that EY was telling the truth. It's unlikely that I'll be in on his lynch if we get no answer.

You never answered; when did you ask Doggin about discussing your role? Before or after EY's absence?

Fair enough. What if he tells you that he wont answer that question?

Then i have to trust that doggin wouldn't have given you and EY the same role with different requirements.

I know doggin is big on the no hinting or telling about roles thing, so I believe your version..

At the end of the day if EY is townie, and we lynch him and he takes me out, we've just eliminated 2 townies in 1 shot, so I'd like to be careful there..

I'm not questioning it. I just want to make sure CTM, who initially agreed with it, doesn't back off.

If Ey is scum who taks me out with him on a lynch, when I flip innocent, people should remember IJ makign sure I was on train..

Right now, I'm inclined to believe that EY was telling the truth. It's unlikely that I'll be in on his lynch if we get no answer.

You never answered; when did you ask Doggin about discussing your role? Before or after EY's absence?

The moment that I received my role, I asked Doggin about 10 different scenarios and everyone of them would have got me modkilled. Unless Doggin has a hard on for EY, I think EY is lying.

Then i have to trust that doggin wouldn't have given you and EY the same role with different requirements.

I know doggin is big on the no hinting or telling about roles thing, so I believe your version..

At the end of the day if EY is townie, and we lynch him and he takes me out, we've just eliminated 2 townies in 1 shot, so I'd like to be careful there..

Once again, I dont care if this sounds scummy, but sometimes you have to sacrifice bunt to get your runners in scoring position. Not what you want to hear, but thats the hand we have been dealt and our stupid decision to no lynch day 1 hasnt helped us out at all.

Wow, that almost made sense. WTF, who's using CTM as an alt?

The moment that I received my role, I asked Doggin about 10 different scenarios and everyone of them would have got me modkilled. Unless Doggin has a hard on for EY, I think EY is lying.

Once again, I dont care if this sounds scummy, but sometimes you have to sacrifice bunt to get your runners in scoring position. Not what you want to hear, but thats the hand we have been dealt and our stupid decision to no lynch day 1 hasnt helped us out at all.

Actually I did a very similar thing when I received mine. I was waiting for EY to get Mod Killed while he was oversharing his role. I just wonder how similar and dis-similar our roles are and what the scum version of them are. I always try to think of it in the way where "If the own gets this then the scum get....." To try to make the balance that most mods shoot for factor in. I know what Im capable of, I just wonder who else has a similar role and what my scum compliment can and cannot do. I alwasy let the number disadvantage they have cancel out the nightkill ability. This game is odd, because we aren't even sure of that.

Also, once gain we have the same 3-7 people participating and people not talking again. Where the hell is that friend of Doggins? He's mod these weird as games before, why isn;t he helping us trouble shoot this game. Unless he thinks are efforts are futile or it's not in his best interest to help?

Im am glad we got Kleck in the game, at least he post and picks on CTM every chance he gets. Worth the price of admission right their.

If Ey is scum who taks me out with him on a lynch, when I flip innocent, people should remember IJ makign sure I was on train..

EY's activity has been scummy no doubt. But for some reason, I trust his role claim...You are right, he might be scum that has the ability to kill townies when lynched or he might be a townie with that power. I honestly don't see the role claim being fabriciated, I think it's legitimately in the game. I wouldn't put it past Doggin to give scum and town the same type of power, so that if a townie has this power, he might think another guy with the same power is townie, when in fact he's scum. In any case, I take the threat seriously, and I think you should too.

I was the leader of the no lynch stuff day one, but that was based on what I deemed as a possible win condition. (which we know is not the case since an entire cycle was burned)

Out of today's activity, I don't like what Smashmouth and Verbal are doing. I think pushing for a 2nd round of no lynch is futile, and I fos people who continue to do so in the event conversion is a factor in this game.

Based on overall activity, Pac has done a complete 180 from when he was Lefty. Why is that? Also, I am always down with a CTM lynch. :) But that's nothing to do with his play so far.

You do have to be on the train IMO. Any other scenario and I'm putting my vote on you immediately.

You've been coming after EY throughout this game, yet you backed off when he hinted that he could take you out with him. That's understandable, you want to live, but when you then talk about how you buy into what JiF is saying without taking any action I do get very suspicious.

I think I've made my point though. It's not as much me trying to get you on the train as much as it is me trying to prevent EY being killed without you on it. If that makes sense.

I highly doubt that both of you are flipping innocent.

FWIW, EY posted in the main forum about 30 minutes ago.

Interesting.

EY doesn't seem like the type of player to fold under pressure, maybe action has been taken. What really throws me off that idea is this:

EY says this:

Then lynch me.

And don't say I didn't warn YOU.

9 hours later Doggin posts an update, and hour after that EY again drops a subtle hint at his role:

Not quite.

I REALLY hope you lynch me.

It's important to note that was EY's second last post in this game and it was like 3 days ago. His last post was a pretty random unvote where he declared CTM should be top suspect.

I have to say I'm starting to lean towards the theory that some sort of mod action has been taken against EY.

FWIW, EY posted in the main forum about 30 minutes ago.

Yes, also seems Doggin has 0 interest in clearing this up. So looks like the reqasonable choices are

1. No lynch again- safe, but why, also if their is a nightly conversion this sucks

2. lynch EY- maybe his role is real but real for scum, obviously others are in the game have similar abilities but that says nothing about alignment.

3. lynch CTM- he's a pain in the ass loud mouth and killing him is fun.

4. lynch an inactive- never seems to work but does get people talking, but really does nothing usually but kills and innocent

5. lynch Verbal- told us that he's modded some odd games, but doesn;t seem interested in trying and figuring this one out with us. Plus he's dissapeared and I think its unfair he gets an alt. I know its not an alt but nobody knows who he is so its like an alt.

6. lynch Klecko- He was kinda all over the place and defended JiF earlier but new guys are hard to read. Besides he's at least putting some stuff out their. but, watching him go down on a lynch and the amount of hostility he'll spew may over ride any reasonable decision.

Other than that I really can't think of much else to add. EY seems to be ok to me. Excpet for the silence thing but I think Doggin is doing that. His role is believable but doesn;t gurantee alignment.

CTM has gotten some attention but again, if we gotta lynch someone he's always fun to lynch. But Im not really getting a scummy vibe from him, just a dickhead vibe (within normal limits for CTM).

Verbal? Not sure what to think. He is obviously a very skilled player and thinks out his moves pretty well. Would like to get him in on the converation but might be an interesting one to put pressure on. So for the sake of getting something rolling

vote:verbal

Yes, also seems Doggin has 0 interest in clearing this up. So looks like the reqasonable choices are

1. No lynch again- safe, but why, also if their is a nightly conversion this sucks

2. lynch EY- maybe his role is real but real for scum, obviously others are in the game have similar abilities but that says nothing about alignment.

3. lynch CTM- he's a pain in the ass loud mouth and killing him is fun.

4. lynch an inactive- never seems to work but does get people talking, but really does nothing usually but kills and innocent

5. lynch Verbal- told us that he's modded some odd games, but doesn;t seem interested in trying and figuring this one out with us. Plus he's dissapeared and I think its unfair he gets an alt. I know its not an alt but nobody knows who he is so its like an alt.

6. lynch Klecko- He was kinda all over the place and defended JiF earlier but new guys are hard to read. Besides he's at least putting some stuff out their. but, watching him go down on a lynch and the amount of hostility he'll spew may over ride any reasonable decision.

Other than that I really can't think of much else to add. EY seems to be ok to me. Excpet for the silence thing but I think Doggin is doing that. His role is believable but doesn;t gurantee alignment.

CTM has gotten some attention but again, if we gotta lynch someone he's always fun to lynch. But Im not really getting a scummy vibe from him, just a dickhead vibe (within normal limits for CTM).

Verbal? Not sure what to think. He is obviously a very skilled player and thinks out his moves pretty well. Would like to get him in on the converation but might be an interesting one to put pressure on. So for the sake of getting something rolling

vote:verbal

Crusher, you have absolutely no idea what I want in this game.

I did not mod-silence EY. And that's all the answer you'll get.

Vote Count

No Lynch (1) - Smashnouth

Klecko (1) - CTM

CTM (1) - Klecko

Verbal (2) - Pac, Crusher

EY (1) - JiF

Smashmouth (1) - Slats

7 to lynch, deadline Wed. at 9pm

(On a side note - anyone interested in possibly subbing into a game of Princess Bride Mafia on another site? The mod of that game might have to kill or replace some people for inactivity)

Archived