Mafia - Red Scare Game Thread

Doggin94it

• Replies 987
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think its really funny that EY is "diggin his heels" and taking his stance on the no vote issue, but he is willing to vote me, if of course, everyone else is on board. :rolleyes:

Secondly, EY said that he was warning CTM specifically that if he is voted off, something is going to happen to CTM. That post had me thinking, is it possible that EY can take some people down with him if he gets lynched? This would make sense, because if so, then it would be a very town move for him to go no vote.

The talk of no mafia is interesting and makes sense based of what we know of the Red Scare. But then how does one win the game? Is it every man for himself and the last man standing wins?

Another weird thought, I cant get the though out of my head about the whole Star Wars move the Reagan pulled that virtually ended the Cold War/Red Scare.

And where is the ever so active Pac?

Secondly, EY said that he was warning CTM specifically that if he is voted off, something is going to happen to CTM. That post had me thinking, is it possible that EY can take some people down with him if he gets lynched? This would make sense, because if so, then it would be a very town move for him to go no vote.

I think you may be onto something here. Everybody was freaked during the Red Scare. EY is basically telling us that CTM is toast if he's on EY's lynch (at least that is how I'm reading it).

I just don't see a 'last man standing' setup for this, though.I really think there should be a town-directed lynch, if only to test what EY is saying. I know that puts pressure on CTM as well, so I understand if a No Lynch is preferred by some. I just won't be voting it.

I think you may be onto something here. Everybody was freaked during the Red Scare. EY is basically telling us that CTM is toast if he's on EY's lynch (at least that is how I'm reading it).

I just don't see a 'last man standing' setup for this, though.I really think there should be a town-directed lynch, if only to test what EY is saying. I know that puts pressure on CTM as well, so I understand if a No Lynch is preferred by some. I just won't be voting it.

I agree, like I said, I'm warming up to the idea of no vote because I do think that EY has the ability to kill when he gets lynched.

However, I agree, I want a town directed lynch as well. I said the before, we can use this no vote strategy later in the game, its just isnt making a ton of sense to me right now.

And EY, I havent done anything more then anyone else who is against the no vote, so I dont know why you feel as if I'm pushing for it harder then anyone else.

I agree, like I said, I'm warming up to the idea of no vote because I do think that EY has the ability to kill when he gets lynched.

However, I agree, I want a town directed lynch as well. I said the before, we can use this no vote strategy later in the game, its just isnt making a ton of sense to me right now.

And EY, I havent done anything more then anyone else who is against the no vote, so I dont know why you feel as if I'm pushing for it harder then anyone else.

To add to my first sentence above, the reason why I'm warming up to the idea is because I'm affraid that others might have that power as well.

I think its really funny that EY is "diggin his heels" and taking his stance on the no vote issue, but he is willing to vote me, if of course, everyone else is on board. :rolleyes:

Only problem with this, is that EY would be pretty confident in his ability to bring scum down with him.

ghey

unvote

vote Nolynch

Really? Just because of a threat from that uppity bitch.

So now you're not voting to lynch EY because he WANTS you to lynch him? Is there no end to your douchebaggery sir?

I dont get it either and not just because he is a dbag. Its not like EY was closed to being lynched, he just caved in.

Only problem with this, is that EY would be pretty confident in his ability to bring scum down with him.

Not following....how so?

Vote Count

EY (3) - Pac, Slats, Irish

No lynch (5) - JVoR, EY, Smashmouth, Crusher, CTM,

Smashmouth (1) - Klecko

JVoR (2) - Vicious, JiF

Not voting: Verbal

With 12 players alive, it takes 7 votes to lynch.

Deadline: Monday morning at 9 am. All further days will be 72 hours.

The talk of no mafia is interesting and makes sense based of what we know of the Red Scare. But then how does one win the game? Is it every man for himself and the last man standing wins?

Another weird thought, I cant get the though out of my head about the whole Star Wars move the Reagan pulled that virtually ended the Cold War/Red Scare.

And where is the ever so active Pac?

CTM would be the top suspect.

unvote.

Vote Count

EY (3) - Pac, Slats, Irish

No lynch (4) - JVoR, Smashmouth, Crusher, CTM,

Smashmouth (1) - Klecko

JVoR (2) - Vicious, JiF

Not voting: EY, Verbal

CTM would be the top suspect.

unvote.

You are confusing the hell out of me, probably intentfully, but I hear what you are saying here and I think you set CTM up to make the move he did only to do exactly what you are doing now...I recognized immediately, but its also starting to make me warry of you.

To add to my first sentence above, the reason why I'm warming up to the idea is because I'm affraid that others might have that power as well.

I'm very intrigued by this line of thinking. I'm willing to play along.

unvote

vote: no lynch

Vote Count

EY (2) - Pac, Irish

No lynch (5) - JVoR, Smashmouth, Crusher, CTM, Slats

Smashmouth (1) - Klecko

JVoR (2) - Vicious, JiF

Not voting: EY, Verbal

You are confusing the hell out of me, probably intentfully, but I hear what you are saying here and I think you set CTM up to make the move he did only to do exactly what you are doing now...I recognized immediately, but its also starting to make me warry of you.

I read his post the same way you did.

Not as a threat against me in particular, but as an indication of him having an ability to kill someone else when lynched. Which if enough people have such an ability, could make the game "unwinnable"

Not as a threat against me in particular, but as an indication of him having an ability to kill someone else when lynched. Which if enough people have such an ability, could make the game "unwinnable"

Wow, so your brain is capable of accepting ideas rather than just randomly and constantly producing its own. "speechless"

I tend to agree with you on this. I really REALLY hate this no lynch idea but at this stage I'm willing to give it a shot and see what happens. .

Unvote: JVOR

Vote: No lynch

Exactly what do you mean, playing the mod now ?

In a traditional set up, no lynch is a bad idea except in several end game situatiuons.

But, doggin has gone out of his way to make it known this is not a traditional game.

1) the "you can't win" business

2) The you have to think outside the box to win statement he made in the signup thread

3) This 3.6 member scum team thing

Being another person that creates and mods games, I had myself considered a game with no scum and just a few townies with NK requirements, so I wouldn't put it past doggin to have created such a game.

So what I'm saying by "playing the mod", is that I'm now i'm thinking more about what doggin is up to rather then what the players are doing, and this is known as playing the mod or the setup.

Ultimately, the reason why i didn't make a no mafia game is because i thought it would be a let down for the players if it dragged on and only at the end did the players realize they've been chasing their tale all game. Fun for the mod, not so fun for the players.

I'm willing to sacrifice a lynch today to see if we can "win" the game today before investing too much energy scum hunting.

so i vote Nolynch, or No Commies in game if Doggin will accept the latter

So EY threatens and JiF and CTM run with their tail between their legs .

What are you talking about? I havent changed my vote, nor am I running for anything.

In fact, I said that it looks like EY was setting CTM up for something and it makes me warry of him.

So poop on your face.

Archived