Mafia - Red Scare Game Thread

Doggin94it

• Replies 987
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As for me, I originally voted No Lynch to see if steam would pick up on it. I don't really like No Lynch votes, as there is no solid vote history to look back on once Day 2 starts after the mafia get their free kill.

The other reason I voted No Lynch was that I would rather have a majority on nobody than a random lynch. Random lynches gives less information than a No Lynch. But now that Doggin (it still feels weird to type that....I typed Kivam about 9 times by accident) has instituted a deadline that is still well away, I'm happy with unvoting.

Unvote: No Lynch

Not sure who I'm going to vote for, as mostly what I see is commie this, douche that, gay love this, fat man that. You people are all over the place, hehe. But you're all active, which is a nice change of pace for games I've been in lately. Ok, enough of that.

I see one person doing a little too much accusing for a Day 1, and I see that as suspicious.

Vote: Klecko

Vote Count

EY (2) - Vicious, CTM

No lynch (4) - JVoR, EY, Smashmouth, Crusher

Verbal (1) - Pac

Smashmouth (3) - Klecko, JiF, Slats

Klecko (1) - Verbal

Not voting: Irish

With 12 players alive, it takes 7 votes to lynch.

Gentlemen - we have a deadline: Monday morning at 9 am. All further days will be 72 hours.

As for me, I originally voted No Lynch to see if steam would pick up on it. I don't really like No Lynch votes, as there is no solid vote history to look back on once Day 2 starts after the mafia get their free kill.

The other reason I voted No Lynch was that I would rather have a majority on nobody than a random lynch. Random lynches gives less information than a No Lynch. But now that Doggin (it still feels weird to type that....I typed Kivam about 9 times by accident) has instituted a deadline that is still well away, I'm happy with unvoting.

Unvote: No Lynch

Not sure who I'm going to vote for, as mostly what I see is commie this, douche that, gay love this, fat man that. You people are all over the place, hehe. But you're all active, which is a nice change of pace for games I've been in lately. Ok, enough of that.

I see one person doing a little too much accusing for a Day 1, and I see that as suspicious.

Vote: Klecko

Actually Verbal, I am only accusing one person: Smashmouth. The reason I am attacking him is because he came in accusing people and then trying to create some bizarre theory about a conspiracy. Then when no one was buying into his theory, he jumped on the no lynch bandwagon claiming it was in everyone's best interest.

I'm a newb. I got no clue what I am doing. I do know that we are trying to find communists and Smashmouth has been acting shady from the second the game started.

True, but I never said you were accusing multiple people. The logic that Smashmouth is currently using does make some sense, but I'm not on board with a No Lynch. A day phase will probably never end with my vote there....I simply wanted to see how it went for a while.

But you keep harping on every post he makes and re-stating how he's a commie. Hey, maybe he is, but your tunnel vision on him is suspicious to me. ;)

True, but I never said you were accusing multiple people. The logic that Smashmouth is currently using does make some sense, but I'm not on board with a No Lynch. A day phase will probably never end with my vote there....I simply wanted to see how it went for a while.

But you keep harping on every post he makes and re-stating how he's a commie. Hey, maybe he is, but your tunnel vision on him is suspicious to me. ;)

I'm kind of joking around. Thought that was pretty clear.

Actually Verbal, I am only accusing one person: Smashmouth. The reason I am attacking him is because he came in accusing people and then trying to create some bizarre theory about a conspiracy. Then when no one was buying into his theory, he jumped on the no lynch bandwagon claiming it was in everyone's best interest.

I'm a newb. I got no clue what I am doing. I do know that we are trying to find communists and Smashmouth has been acting shady from the second the game started.

yeah because we all know how shady the all american spread peanut butter is !:rolleyes:

Holy crap- lots of stuff has happened since I last posted. What's funny is I don't think we're any further. I REALLY DO NOT like the idea of a "no lynch". As of right now though I'll take my vote off on EY as we dont' seem to be going in that direction.

Unvote: EY

Why dosent "no lynch" make sense chan ?

Because it gives us no information on anyone or anything. You're putting it in the hands of the mod to randomly kill someone.

If we play our time out, pressure people, look for reactions and voting patterns then we stand to gain something from that.

A no lynch leaves us at the same stage as day 1, and we hand the commies a free shot at the town without us having any more information. The idea of no lynch stinks to me, and pushing it is even more so.

JVOR posted just that and disappeared.

Vote: JVOR

So far I have heard 3 people say they dont like the idea of no lynch. If your a townie and get a freebie, why not take it ? Can any of you explain your thoughts ? Do you feel its not in the spirit of the game ? In a small game every townie is precious (especially crusher). We stand to learn alot from the night kill.

And klecko if I was a commie I sure as hell would not be pushing for a no lynch. twist that any way you want .

Because it gives us no information on anyone or anything. You're putting it in the hands of the mod to randomly kill someone.

If we play our time out, pressure people, look for reactions and voting patterns then we stand to gain something from that.

A no lynch leaves us at the same stage as day 1, and we hand the commies a free shot at the town without us having any more information. The idea of no lynch stinks to me, and pushing it is even more so.

Unless I'm mistaken, no lynch does not equal random lynch.

Woah Wait a sec if we no lynch the mod kils someone randomly ?? Doggin can you verufy this statement in bold please

So far I have heard 3 people say they dont like the idea of no lynch. If your a townie and get a freebie, why not take it ? Can any of you explain your thoughts ? Do you feel its not in the spirit of the game ? In a small game every townie is precious (especially crusher). We stand to learn alot from the night kill.

And klecko if I was a commie I sure as hell would not be pushing for a no lynch. twist that any way you want .

What do we stand to learn from a night kill in which we get no information on anyone during the day... so they kill a townie. Please tell me what the hell we have to stand to GAIN from that.

It's not a freebie for the town, it's a freebie for the commies. We have the same chance to hit commie if we lynch, you get information by pressing people and playing aggressively. I guess my post wasn't a good enough reason for you? I thought it was pretty clear.

JiF in your last post you quoted me with this : I know you Love JiF so but if Klecko is a commie JiF will be the next Lynch because of klecko's miserable failures.

BUT you conviently left out the quote below to which I was refering too.

I guess you assumed people would not go back and look, which I did as well, so I posted it here for them to read. You seem like your trying to make it look like I had no reason to say such a thing, as is klecko, when In fact I did.

How could klecko say you dont strike him as a commie so early in the game with no basis? Due to my peanut butter joke ?

No Vote = Townie . Just say no to the propaganda folks.

Smash, Im done with responding to your spin for 2 reasons...

1) it holds no validity because its based of jokes. It was the very beginning of the game and everyone knows that you dont take those posts serious. Especially a guy that is barnd new to the game (and that is not a defense, its logic).

2) you are gaining no ground with this nonsense so its quite literally a waste of my time.

Wait, why does no lynch make any sense?

Just cause doggin made some cryptic comments?

At the end of the day, doggin balanced the game - so play as normal until something weird happens..

It doesnt help CTM, not in the slightest bit. I think its very important to note who is going along with this no lynch idea. JVOR and EY are strong players that often take the town in a direction that may use logic for the town, but in the end, is setting something up to benefit their role. Its clear, anyone voting for no lynch is roled up. I say this because I am a townie that thinks it makes no sense whatsoever to no vote for the same reasons you stated above. We can use this theory later in the game or later in the day. We have till Mon. It just doesnt make sense to go no vote because Doggin said think outside the box...it tells us nothing. Eventually we are going to lynch a townie. It happens and its inevitable. Hell, last game we only had 1 successful lynch and won the damn game.

I like the outside the box thinking, but dont know why we would do it so early when we know nothing and we will continue to know nothing if we dont lynch.

unvote

vote EY because I find it very entertaining when he lashes out at people.

As far as the path this game has taken I'm very confused. I have yet to understand the logic of a no lynch as day 1 is always about gathering info.

Simply bending over with a no vote takes a the chance of a day 1 commie lynch out of the equation. I'm a bit suspicious of those who are pushing for it so hard.

What do we stand to learn from a night kill in which we get no information on anyone during the day... so they kill a townie. Please tell me what the hell we have to stand to GAIN from that.

It's not a freebie for the town, it's a freebie for the commies. We have the same chance to hit commie if we lynch, you get information by pressing people and playing aggressively. I guess my post wasn't a good enough reason for you? I thought it was pretty clear.

Agreed, although we don't have a better chance at hitting a commie. The town outnumbers the mafia, so our chances are that we hit a town. The benefit of an actual lynch lies in that there are voting records to go back on, especially if we are lucky enough to start a lynch wagon on a commie.

Unvote: Klecko

Just gauging your reaction.

Agreed, although we don't have a better chance at hitting a commie. The town outnumbers the mafia, so our chances are that we hit a town. The benefit of an actual lynch lies in that there are voting records to go back on, especially if we are lucky enough to start a lynch wagon on a commie.

Unvote: Klecko

Just gauging your reaction.

Actually you are correct. It was a dumb comment in retrospect about the #'s.

Still if it's a random lynch there's still the same # of townies to hit.

My point lies in the fact we stand to gain much more by conversing, prodding and watching other players. Taking a no lynch to me even if there is no random lynch... feels like we are handing the commies a free night phase and they KNOW who is who.

What we gain is one dead townie rather than 2.

Vote Count

EY (2) - CTM, Pac

No lynch (4) - JVoR, EY, Smashmouth, Crusher

Smashmouth (3) - Klecko, JiF, Slats

JVoR (1) - Vicious

Not voting: Irish

With 12 players alive, it takes 7 votes to lynch.

Gentlemen - we have a deadline: Monday morning at 9 am. All further days will be 72 hours.

A random lynch will only happen if there is no majority on any option when the day runs out. A majority on no lynch will end the day and result in no lynch at all.

Actually you are correct. It was a dumb comment in retrospect about the #'s.

Still if it's a random lynch there's still the same # of townies to hit.

My point lies in the fact we stand to gain much more by conversing, prodding and watching other players. Taking a no lynch to me even if there is no random lynch... feels like we are handing the commies a free night phase and they KNOW who is who.

My understanding is the only thing a no lynch will do is eliminate the chance we hit a townie day 1. Because their are more townies than mafia the chance of hitting townie is greater. Add that to a successful kill by a sk, if their is one, and a mafia lynch you got yourself a three person swing. After the dreadful job I did last game Im sorta a little gun shy at this point. Last game the town sucked,we won because the mafia sucked more and the sk was money.

Can anyone tell me the last time the town hit a mafia member on the first day? I think it was when EY outed Irish, but Im not sure that was day 1 or day 2 in that game.

The one negative about grilling people on day 1 is what I will call the "Asss Pac" scenario. Where one player badgers people to the point where the power roles are outed. No matter how people like to spin it, it's bad for the town. Im not saying no lynch is the way to go, Im just saying lets not get carried away with how valuable a day 1 lynch is. No lynch is better than a random lynch. Im pretty sure Doggin doesn't kill a player with a no lynch. If he does than its the same as a random.

unvote

vote EY because I find it very entertaining when he lashes out at people.

As far as the path this game has taken I'm very confused. I have yet to understand the logic of a no lynch as day 1 is always about gathering info.

Simply bending over with a no vote takes a the chance of a day 1 commie lynch out of the equation. I'm a bit suspicious of those who are pushing for it so hard.

And Im suspicious as to why your so aganist a No Lynch, that is unless your a commie. I think the townies know something the commies clearly do not.

75 % chance a townie gets lynched on day one Pac but your suspicious as to why people are pushing for a no lynch ? That only makes sense for a commie. That or a clueless townie. And i dont mean that in a personal way/

What we gain is one dead townie rather than 2.

I still don't get this logic. We still have NOTHING to go on in the next day phase. so instead of 2 dead townies we'll have 3 because we still will be just as likely to lynch a townie because we know NOTHING.

Then you give the mafia the opportunity to come out of the gates FIRING out of night phase, setting up the town. I think the no lynch play is playing to the strengths of the mafia:

-keep the townies clueless

-lead them in a direction that will benefit them

-give them a free night phase with none of them possibly slipping up during the day

Crusher-

I see your point as well. But read this post and let me know what you think. This game will be wacky, I dont' think conservative CPF play will win us the game.

And Im suspicious as to why your so aganist a No Lynch, that is unless your a commie. I think the townies know something the commies clearly do not.

75 % chance a townie gets lynched on day one Pac but your suspicious as to why people are pushing for a no lynch ? That only makes sense for a commie. That or a clueless townie. And i dont mean that in a personal way/

75% chance?

3.6/12=.3

.3X100=30%

100%-30%=70%

Why did you assume 4?

By your theory, why ever lynch? Why not just vote no lynch every day and hope the cop can find scum before they NK him

At what point does it become a good idea to lynch?

By your theory, why ever lynch? Why not just vote no lynch every day and hope the cop can find scum before they NK him

My guess would be when you're actually lynching someone you believe is scum rather than... inactives, players that dissapear, players that attack you, players you don't like, or some unlucky bastid that one of the better players decide to run off for kicks. OR.. when some scumbag like you decides to take the town for a ride and kills 3-4 people until a fat benevelont hero shows up and saves the day. other than that I got nothing.

Quite frankly Chan I did not even know "no Lynch" was an option until JVoR brought it up. While I was thinking about it, EY voted "no lynch." Why in the hell not take the freebie if your a townie ? I also feel those set aganist it are very suspicious. NOT meaning those who think it should not be in the Mafia game at all, but those who are aganist it in this specific game.

For example EY does not believe the no Vote should be in game, yet he voted No Lynch because right now its the smart play.

Vicious - The only thing you will get out of a day one Townie lynch is line up as to who voted for who. Smart mafia players can easily scatter their votes. So Im not sure why you would rather take the chance of a townie dieing to be in the same boat your in now. I think you will find out more by who gets night killed.

My guess would be when you're actually lynching someone you believe is scum rather than... inactives, players that dissapear, players that attack you, players you don't like, or some unlucky bastid that one of the better players decide to run off for kicks. OR.. when some scumbag like you decides to take the town for a ride and kills 3-4 people until a fat benevelont hero shows up and saves the day. other than that I got nothing.

How are we going to believe anyone scum if we are just all voting nolynch everyday.

And benevolent fat hero ended up choking on my wang as he was next to go

Quite frankly Chan I did not even know "no Lynch" was an option until JVoR brought it up. While I was thinking about it, EY voted "no lynch." Why in the hell not take the freebie if your a townie ? I also feel those set aganist it are very suspicious. NOT meaning those who think it should not be in the Mafia game at all, but those who are aganist it in this specific game.

For example EY does not believe the no Vote should be in game, yet he voted No Lynch because right now its the smart play.

Vicious - The only thing you will get out of a day one Townie lynch is line up as to who voted for who. Smart mafia players can easily scatter their votes. So Im not sure why you would rather take the chance of a townie dieing to be in the same boat your in now. I think you will find out more by who gets night killed.

But it's not the smart play. In all liklihood tomorrow we are in same positon, but with 1 dead townie, and cop with smaller chance of finding scum overnight cause there's more townies

Archived