JN Mafia Thread: Superheroes Unite!

I think Smashmouth is the type of guy that it takes very little hard evidence for him to become convinced of something and start using terms such as would of instead of could of.

This is very true. Watch him in any of these games, and his arguments are almost always "XYZ is scum. it's obvious. how can you not see that"

That said, given the defenders he seems to be picking up, lynching Smash might not be a bad idea.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What smackdown ? Oh you mean the one after I nailed him as scum ok gotcha =)

You nailed him as scum? Arsis does not see that. Arsis see you doing the same thing you were so against doing with SMC only with even less of a case. Which looks a bit suspicious to me.

Good stuff.. Some of the comic book guys need to help out here, Arsis or Sharrow seemed to have knowledge..

Can't say I know much about comics since the late 90's. Bleedin's Spiderman idea isn't bad. Could be the Goblin, or Doc Oc, or someone able to kill him with his own weapons, or maybe the Punisher if he's here as a vig/sk. I don't know much about the D.C. side though.

Roster:

1) Doggin94it

2) Barmacral

3) Dan X

4) Slats

5) Crusher

6) Klecko

7) Irish Jet

8) Arsis

9) Pac

12) Smashmouth

13) Verbal

14) sharrow

15) LAout

16) CTM

17) EY

18) bleedin' green

19) shutout

20) Norway

Green... Strong Hero Vibe.

Blue... Hero Vibe.

Pink... Clean Vibe but weary of.

Orange... Don't love, but no case yet.

Purple... Possible Scum Vibe.

Red... Strong Scum Vibe.

Barm hasn't posted, so IDK.

Perfect, I'm red/green colorblind... are Doggin, Slats, Arsis, EY, and shutout all the same color?

Funny you ask. I call bull**** on EY and CTM as the town avengers. One of them is dirty. I'd say both but EY would pick on me again. He's been working out till soreness every night and drinking weight gainer, flexing his alpha.

Doggin, scares the hell out of me. Like a mixture of yoda and the Al Pacinos charactor from The Devils Advocate. His smackdown on smashmouth this game was smakdownalicious.

I'm feeling cautiously neutral on all three right now ... nothing flashier than normal happening with any of them. I'm always instinctively wary of EY because he was scum in the first two games I played, but I'm not really feeling it right now. (Yes, I have a soft spot for color-coded lists.) CTM and Doggin I have a harder time reading in general.

Barmacral- Did this freakin guy get the opening day post. JVOR? Second to sign up and not even playing.

Irish Jet An epileptic seizure more active than Barmacral but nothing to write home about.

+1 on Barmacral. The thing about Irish's inactivity is it seems different from that of a typical bored inactive. Bored inactives just disappear usually. Maybe come back sporadically when they feel obligated to vote or make some game-related contribution. Irish's posts seem a little off to me. Why bother posting that you're bored, or devote a post to why no one is scummy. I wonder if he's trying a little too hard to appear disinterested.

Arsis- He's either got a role restriction or he has the sense of humor of Don Rickels with shingles. Im leaning suspicious on him.

Arsis is one of the few I'm getting a fairly innocent vibe from.

You know what? I don't remember me doing it either. I probably haven't. You'd have to go back to the old games to check, though.

Again, it's really not all that hard to let people know you have a restriction if you have one.

That all depends. In the Discussion of the Clark Kent Theory It would make total sense that he could not say anything that alluded to his role or power. Sure it was after the fact but it did show good reason and it made good sense. This was also a theory of more than one person.

There is no doubt at certain stages of the arguement SMC did a bad Job but that seemd to be early on and as it got closer to the lynch it started to become apparent, at least to me, there was a good chance we were making a mistake.

If you look at the arguement Doggin, I questioned him as well, trying to get info. Just like you did. Only difference was your vote was pivitol in getting him Lynched.

It was day 1 and as the arguement heated at the end why would it be so difficult as a townie to pull the vote and get a little more info to be sure ? Simple Question

Now keep in mind Crush if SMC did reveal he would have either been killed on the spot or his arch villian would have killed him at night nullifying his protection Super power. Knowing this was important to the heros SMC tried to give subtle hints hoping we as heros would pick up on them and the villians would not. it was by no means an easy role to play.

I see EY's point regarding Smashmouth. I made a mistake in CTM's game as scum revealing setup that only scum would know about. This could be something similar. Scum might not stop to think about something like that if they're being careless.

Anyway, Arch-villain nullifying powers... that's certainly not the first thing that pops into my head when I think about the dangers of him revealing regarding scum. I figured maybe they might have a roleblocker, but this arch-villain stuff is a little bit of a leap above that. I wouldn't think it was possible that every hero had an arch-villain with the numbers being 15-5. Then again, now that JVOR mentioned The Avengers, it seems a little more likely if groups of heroes share the same arch-enemy. Maybe Arsis or somebody else can tell us who The Avenger's #1 villain is. I'm mostly an X-Men/Spiderman guy myself.

I didn't even think the Lex Luthor having 2 votes was that sound of an idea. Like somebody else suggested, I figured it was a hero whose vote counted as 2 votes, maybe The Flash, or Multiple Man, etc.

It's a little on the weak side, but until something better comes along, I'll

vote:Smashmouth

Vote pac

1) He was the one who conveinantly unvoted SMC after vote #10

2) He then ignored all kind of discussion on why SMC got lynched at 10 votes and came up with the bird brain notion that unvotes counted towards the total (including ignoring the lex luthor point that he is now agreeing with) and SMC actually did get 11 votes (including the unvotes)

3) Now, after that ridiculous notion, he is voting Klecko because of the "babe in the woods nonsense". How many games have you played Pac and you were pushing a notion that is so immpractical it's hard to believe you considered it feasible.... talk about babe in the woods..

lol.. I knew it was only a matter of time.

1) you realize I was conveniently unvoting an innocent player right? I thought I was making it pretty clear I wasn't fully on board with his lynch and wanted to try and give him more time to reveal without revealing... by that point I was convinced there was more to the story than he was letting on.

2) I have never played a game where 1 vote counts twice. The terms influential townie and hated townie were foreign to me. In a game where we were told there would be many wrinkles I was throwing out some ideas.

3) Ahh.. so a kryptonite wielding LL whos vote counts twice is completely plausible but a total vote scenario is assnine. Got it.

There's a big difference between trying to determine why SMC died with 10 votes and trying to push the idea that mafia withheld a NK. In addition last game Kelck immediately took exception to being called out while this game he's got more of a "hey lets be nice" vibe... Does that sound like Kleck to you?

As for the others I mentioned, Pac's unvoting on SMC's train stands out, especially if he was trying to spread confusion about the 10-vote lynch with his subsequent posts.

Dan I unvoted because I thought he might be innocent after all! When I've been mafia in the past I make it a point not to get involved in discussions at L1 and certainly wouldn't have unvoted at the last minute... I simply would have kept quiet and let him get lynched.

2) I have never played a game where 1 vote counts twice. The terms influential townie and hated townie were foreign to me. In a game where we were told there would be many wrinkles I was throwing out some ideas.

I've wanted to drop the hammer on somebody since my first game, it figures that the time I get to do it, I don't even know it's happening.

Bleedin Ill say this again, when people refer to "these games" they tend to lose sight on "THE GAME," or they are trying to divert atention. I don't get the whole learning experience with players I view as scum. If at the end Im a big loser who made stupid mistakes in this PARTICULAR game Ill take my beating from Doggin and move on and rightfully so.

All the points your making have nothing to do with the present. Your focusing on past experiences, which in a mafia game thats vanilla, and constantly the same, I would agree with you. Unfortunately this one is not vanilla and is not the same.

The fact that it was pointed out SMC was having trouble revealing should have at the very least warranted a no vote like Pac tried to do. But in your "this is how it must be " mafia world thats not gonna happen. I don't play like a robot I play how the situation dictates and frankly I always will. So stop the mafia lesson and play the game. ok

Maybe Doggin beats your ass in PM's now :yawn:

Dude.. Pac unvoted less then a half an hour after sharrow hammered SMC and 9 minutes before JVOR posted the final vote count. I think it looks more suspicious then innocent, particularly if the scum have a secret voter

Also, while i was back there, I checked your claim of warning of restrictions.

Here's your two relevant posts from before and just after he was hammered...

your not giving a difinitive answer as to why you wont reveal. You and Chan go at it in every game even when your on the same mafia team LOL . What are you accomplishing for the town if you dont reveal ? An I told ya so ? Thats kinda crappy SMC

SMC why is it a HUGE mistake ? Cant you offer anything more than that ? A roleless townie lynch is hardly a Huge Mistake its damn near inevitable. If your more than a roleless townie speak up.

Both are asking him why he won't reveal. Something that Doggin, Pac, Arsis, Shutout, Myself and SHarrow I believe also asked. The first time you mentioned a restriction was just before (2 minutes) JVOR posted the final tally, and well after Sharrow hammered him.. So again, if the scum were somehow aware that killign SMC would take 10 known votes, I'd suggest that both you and Pacs actions are highly troublesome

Both are asking him why he won't reveal. Something that Doggin, Pac, Arsis, Shutout, Myself and SHarrow I believe also asked. The first time you mentioned a restriction was just before (2 minutes) JVOR posted the final tally, and well after Sharrow hammered him.. So again, if the scum were somehow aware that killign SMC would take 10 known votes, I'd suggest that both you and Pacs actions are highly troublesome

And I'd suggest you're the putz that spoke in absolutes about SMC being guilty... meanwhile you and EY captained a lynch of a very important player.

lol.. I knew it was only a matter of time.

:D .. beat you to the punch ;)

1) you realize I was conveniently unvoting an innocent player right? I thought I was making it pretty clear I wasn't fully on board with his lynch and wanted to try and give him more time to reveal without revealing... by that point I was convinced there was more to the story than he was letting on.

3) Ahh.. so a kryptonite wielding LL whos vote counts twice is completely plausible but a total vote scenario is assnine. Got it.

There's a big difference between trying to determine why SMC died with 10 votes and trying to push the idea that mafia withheld a NK. In addition last game Kelck immediately took exception to being called out while this game he's got more of a "hey lets be nice" vibe... Does that sound like Kleck to you?

Ok, it's a little late and I have to get up early for an install, so I'll address your post more later. But quickly, if the scum had a secret voter, or some other way of knowing that he'd be lynched at 10, wouldn't an unvote such as yours seem highly suspicious?

Further, the total vote idea is absurd, every mafia member could easily vote and unvote to rack up a ton of votes on players. I can't see that being feasible at all..

LOL. Yes, I was a villian in that game.

BTW, Kleck, if you're town a vote for me is a huge mistake.

As a solace though, if I'm lynched it would be fun making EY, CTM & Doggin look like utter fools (if they're town).

And if EY, CTM & Doggin are scum, the rest of you who voted for me for listening to them.

The claim against me is moronic, plain in simple. Look at EY's 4 grounds, they're bogus.

You should know better, Doggin. Unvote. But you won't. Why?

I shouldn't have to "claim" for people to see the ridiculousness of EY & CTM's claim on this speed lynch.

Plus, if me being lynched nutures EY & CTM, then it's ultimately for the better in this game and others. How anyone can follow their lead is beyond me. They done so much damage to the town as both townie and scum in prior games.

Yes, I've addressed it ad naseaum. You guys are bandwagonning. Sorry, it's true.

And after the death scene everyone will see it.

Scare tactic? No. The claim is bogus and you will see.

No. If you're town, then lynching me is a tremendous mistake. I can't make it any more clearer.

Kleck, the case against me is nonsense. Plain and simple.

Ultimately it's humorous though.

Why would we think outside the box ? 4 Quotes say it all IMO but we have to lynch this guy because Mafia rules say so because if you dont reveal you must be scum WHOO HOO . If you dont follow the traditional mafia rules you are an idiot. GOT IT !

Dude.. Pac unvoted less then a half an hour after sharrow hammered SMC and 9 minutes before JVOR posted the final vote count. I think it looks more suspicious then innocent, particularly if the scum have a secret voter

Also, while i was back there, I checked your claim of warning of restrictions.

Here's your two relevant posts from before and just after he was hammered...

Chan what in the hell are you talking about ??? I made it clear I asked SMC to reveal if he could. I was asked to post for doggin something entirely different so WTF are you talking about ? This post is relevant to nothing .

SMC was right people play this game like baboons

:D .. beat you to the punch ;)

Ok, it's a little late and I have to get up early for an install, so I'll address your post more later. But quickly, if the scum had a secret voter, or some other way of knowing that he'd be lynched at 10, wouldn't an unvote such as yours seem highly suspicious?

Further, the total vote idea is absurd, every mafia member could easily vote and unvote to rack up a ton of votes on players. I can't see that being feasible at all..

If I were mafia it would seem highly idiotic. There are enough experienced players in this game to see through an attempt like you're suggesting. If I were mafia I would be playing it close to the vest and certainly not trying to make exotic plays on day 1.

I got it... you think my total vote idea is absurd. I'd rather be guilty of a bad idea than the co-captain of a day 1 lynch of the super doc.

Chan what in the hell are you talking about ??? I made it clear I asked SMC to reveal if he could. I was asked to post for doggin something entirely different so WTF are you talking about ? This post is relevant to nothing .

It's funny how he blames you of being overly confident with little evidence then turns around and does the same thing.

Oh and normally I don't care but the Baboon line was mine and it was indeed in reference to CTM. ;)

You said you remarked about SMC having a restriction prior to him being lynched... which you didn't

If I were mafia it would seem highly idiotic. There are enough experienced players in this game to see through an attempt like you're suggesting. If I were mafia I would be playing it close to the vest and certainly not trying to make exotic plays on day 1.

I've considered this and it's a fair point. BUt part of me wonders that as scum, you took SMC's grave warnings more seriously, realized you had caught a big fish first day, and paniced into a distancing move..

I got it... you think my total vote idea is absurd. I'd rather be guilty of a bad idea than the co-captain of a day 1 lynch of the super doc.

Again, your name was on that lynch as well. Try and distance as much as you can, but it doesn't change the facts

It's funny how he blames you of being overly confident with little evidence then turns around and does the same thing.

Oh and normally I don't care but the Baboon line was mine and it was indeed in reference to CTM. ;)

I'm not convinced of anything. Quit being a baby. It's part of the game to apply pressure and see if anything more comes of it

Smash, I think it's feasible that you defended SMC as much as you did, b/c as scum, you know who is innocent. Now, you didn't know he was the suoer doc, orf I doubt you would have tried so hard, but I could see scum taking a strong position like that, knowing that he was innocent, and if he was lynched, would make you look pro-town, setting us us for later.

I'm saying I feel that strongly that's the case, but i could see it.

FOS - SMASH

You said you remarked about SMC having a restriction prior to him being lynched... which you didn't

Are you serious ? Do i have to go back yet again to find more posts to prove this ?

It really sucks having to sift through 900+ posts yet again to prove my damn point chan but I will just for you .

Smash, I was laughing because you completely missed the meaning of the post you were quoting.

Pac, that's a very good point about Kleck, who's been on my radar for some time now. I really think our finder ought to take a look at him sooner rather than later

What's a good point about Kleck?

Are you serious ? Do i have to go back yet again to find more posts to prove this ?

It really sucks having to sift through 900+ posts yet again to prove my damn point chan but I will just for you .

Don't bother.. I was looking for the timing around pacs unvote and happenned to notice your post.. If you posted something about a restriction prior to that, I don't know..

Why would we think outside the box ? 4 Quotes say it all IMO but we have to lynch this guy because Mafia rules say so because if you dont reveal you must be scum WHOO HOO . If you dont follow the traditional mafia rules you are an idiot. GOT IT !

Better yet, lets sit here and not lynch anyone who even hints at possibly having a role, regardless of how scummy they act. Then we can just sit here all day every game day and hope for the best each time we get a random lynch.

This is the problem, you are reaching so far here to try to validate your feelings on certain players, that you are throwing all common sense out of the window. Next thing you'll be telling us that we should take the word of anyone as soon as they say "trust me". The bottom line is nobody in this game deserves to be trusted "just because" and SMC gave us absolutely NO reasons to vote him other than his word that we should. Sorry, but that just doesn't cut it. If you have a real argument to make, then make it, otherwise stop wasting our times with this nonsense.

Better yet, lets sit here and not lynch anyone who even hints at possibly having a role, regardless of how scummy they act. Then we can just sit here all day every game day and hope for the best each time we get a random lynch.

This is the problem, you are reaching so far here to try to validate your feelings on certain players, that you are throwing all common sense out of the window. Next thing you'll be telling us that we should take the word of anyone as soon as they say "trust me". The bottom line is nobody in this game deserves to be trusted "just because" and SMC gave us absolutely NO reasons to vote him other than his word that we should. Sorry, but that just doesn't cut it. If you have a real argument to make, then make it, otherwise stop wasting our times with this nonsense.

cue the Smashmouth meltdown in t minus 5.....

Kleck, you aren't playing like you. Now, that could just be a natural evolution of playstyle, especially since this is only your second game, which would be a good thing. So I won't vote for you based on that alone.

But there's another possible explanation, which is that you're being coached. Which would make you scum.

Archived