Cutdown Day: Final Roster (list all cuts here)

SoFlaJets

I think Christopher is still on the team and Caulcrick was cut, not positive still looking.

To be fair, nobody has confirmed that Caulcrick has been released.

We should know everything in 6 and a half hours, at latest.

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply
he was.. maybe they will do what i said with Christopher....Was Caulcrick hurt? or they just never played him

Not sure but I was looking for him, he killed ND when he was in college and I thought that he was going to be a good NFL powerback but I guess I was way off on that one. I don't remember any plays with him.

I looked up that stats and he did have one carry.

Not sure but I was looking for him, he killed ND when he was in college and I thought that he was going to be a good NFL powerback but I guess I was way off on that one. I don't remember any plays with him.

I looked up that stats and he did have one carry.

Why did you have to remind me of that ND game? :suic3:

Yep.

And after that it was Sowell and Askew, Askew, like Caulcrick was a FB/RB.

It makes sense, but Jet fans have short memory. Especially Troll, he only remembers what he wants to remember.

Anderson was a receiving back. Askew was only on the roster because Herm and Bradway absolutely refused to admit defeat on a draft pick.

Who's the receiving fullback out of Caulcrick and Richardson?

Let's keep two fullbacks that do the same thing. Brilliant.

Wasn't Christopher used more then Caulcrick during the pre season?

If Caulcrick is gone and Christopher is currently still there then it seems that Christopher is Richardson's backup and security blanket if Richardson gets hurt.

As noted, unlike the Sowell/Anderson days, the Jets FBs now are primarily blockers. Christopher is probably seen as a better blocker than Caulcrick.

He's also 4 years younger.

If Caulcrick is gone and Christopher is currently still there then it seems that Christopher is Richardson's backup and security blanket if Richardson gets hurt.

As noted, unlike the Sowell/Anderson days, the Jets FBs now are primarily blockers. Christopher is probably seen as a better blocker than Caulcrick.

He's also 4 years younger.

I'm guessing Christopher is a better tackler (ST) as well considering he played LB in college.

That would be a huge surprise to me if we release Caulcrick and keep Woodhead. Who the heck is the Fullback if T-Rich, whose what? 38? 39 years old? Goes down to injury.

Caulcrick best be on the PSquad or else we'll be stuck up creek without a paddle if T-Rich goes down.

I think I saw Wayne Hunter playing FB in the 4th qtr of the Philly game. He did in preseason as well. Scott said something like, "that's a lot of man"

For what it's worth I think Haloti Ngata played some FB for the Ravens last year (just to be cute) so I wouldn't put anything past Ryan.

If Chansi becomes our number 2, would anybody really oppose getting Woodhead out into space in a slot role?

I think Danny-boy being our WR3 is a great fit... he has the hands, and I'd love to see him play in space opposed to up the middle.

On a 3-WR set we could have:

Cotchery

Stuckey

Woodhead

Keller

and

Washington

on the field at the same time. That's a lot of speed, and Cotchery.

I think I saw Wayne Hunter playing FB in the 4th qtr of the Philly game. He did in preseason as well. Scott said something like, "that's a lot of man"

For what it's worth I think Haloti Ngata played some FB for the Ravens last year (just to be cute) so I wouldn't put anything past Ryan.

LOL, KJ at FB and Greene at RB. That would be fun to watch on the goal line.

If Chansi becomes our number 2, would anybody really oppose getting Woodhead out into space in a slot role?

I think Danny-boy being our WR3 is a great fit... he has the hands, and I'd love to see him play in space opposed to up the middle.

On a 3-WR set we could have:

Cotchery

Stuckey

Woodhead

Keller

and

Washington

on the field at the same time. That's a lot of speed, and Cotchery.

I'd rather have Clowney, he spreads the DBs out more. No need for a slot guy when we have Cotch and Keller.

For some reason I don't see Wallace Wright making the team. I know he is a great ST player but I feel Brad smith is better at ST and obviosuly WR. They replace Wright on ST with a Cornerback or Possible Ihedigbo.

No one on this team gets down field and makes tackles like Wallace Wright.

Why all the Caulcrick love in this thread? The dude sucks. Your backup fullback (if you have one) has to play special teams and be a demon at it. Christopher dominates Caulcrick in that respect. During scouting and the combines, scouts were asking all sorts of defensive players if they could double at fullback in a pinch. No one wants to carry a second fullback unless they can do something else. For the Caulcrick fans, that something else can't be to fall forward for two yards every time he is handed the ball.

And, IIRC, he missed a game winner against New Orleans in '05. And yes, it was 50+ yards, but a second round kicker should make a 50 yarder.

NOBODY should EVER be expected to make 50+ yard kicks with any level of consistency. I don't care where he was drafted.

NOBODY should EVER be expected to make 50+ yard kicks with any level of consistency. I don't care where he was drafted.

If you are drafted in the second round, yes, that is expected of you.

How many kickers go that high? Two every ten years or so?

Finally someone who knows whats good... I don't agree with the fact you dont think hes good, but at least you look past the whole dog fighting and found another reason to not like the man. I absolutly hate when announcers and all them jump on players and teams dicks for no reason.. There is a reason that Mike Vick gets all the attention.. He is fun to watch, for me at least. Well was fun to watch I guess we will find out during the season if he still has some elusiveness left.

But he STILL has accuracy problems and thinks run first pass second. He thinks too much of himself to just throw the ball away. Look at that 20+ yard sack he took in the 2nd half Thursday night. Typical Vick.

Archived