Seymour still hasn't reported to the Raiders

Klecko73isGod

Wouldnt it be wise for the Pats to ask Seymour if he was traded to the Raiders, are you going to report? Or something along those lines.

I think this would be hilarious for the Pats to trade their best defensive player during a year when they could make a championship run to improve their team in 2 years from now and then this doesnt go through. Would be epic.

As much as all the media suck jobs and Pats homers want to spin this, it doesnt make sense for the Pats to trade their best defender during a year when they can make a championshp run when their D is the weakest part of their team.

• Replies 403
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What a shock, Garb is calling people names again. Must be having her period. Its a good excuse for making a fool of oneself I guess.

Kinda like when Alk says he drank before typing.

Cue the predictable insult troll response.................

I called Kleck73isgod a moron. I'm not the only one, Bubba.

BTW, from what I understand, Alk is drunk 85% of the time, so it's safe to assume he posts drunk - a lot! :)

There's no way the Pats are getting a pick for Seymour if he doesn't show.

What's wrong with you???

If he fails to show and take the physical the trade is rescinded. As such, the Pats get no pick. How hard is that to understand?

They lose the Raidders pick.

But as I explained here.....

Not from the NFL, and probably not from the Raiders. But if he doesn't play this year. He will still have a one year contract with the Patriots for next year. He will still be a top 3-4 DE (although maybe a bit out of shape). Patriots will put his right to the 2010 season on the block. Someone will trade for it. Not a top 10 pick, but something in the 20-40 range.

and was agreed with

agree , thats the most likely scenario

So I stand by.....

Yeah, if he doesn't show up it he is the Pats problem, but not as huge of a problem as Klecko would like it to be. The Patriots would likely wind up with 2010 high 2nd or low 1st instead of the Raiders 2011 1st, that's it.

If he doesn't show up, he will not be back in the Patriots locker room causing trouble. He will be on the do not report list. He will lose all of his salary and his contract will toll.

At the end of the season the Patriots will trade him again (don't think nobody will take him, he is no more of a problem child for the Pats than Marshall is for Denver and many Jet fans have a hard on at the idea of for trading for Marshall.) this time for a high second or low 1st.

The biggest loser in the deal if he doesn't show will be Seymour, not the Pats not the Raiders. That is why he will show.

They lose the Raidders pick.

But as I explained here.....

and was agreed with

So I stand by.....

Okay, gotcha!

The Pats get Seymour back and trade him to someone else. That's your story and you're sticking to it.

At Seymour's age AND cost, there is no way the Pats are getting a 1st or 2nd rounder for him next year if he sits out. As it stands right now today, he is worth a mid second, maybe a late first rounder at most. Age and cost are huge deciding factors when it comes to trade value. How many top notch years can a team expect from Seymour? 2? 3 at most? At that point the decline begins. That just isn't worth a 1st any way you slice it. Only the Raiders are dumb enough.

I think Seymour contacted Belichick and the cheat knows exactly whats going on or he would not have "No Commented".

It would have been easy for Bill to say I have no idea where Seymour is, but he didnt.

The Patriots stand to lose the most at this point because Bill once again has pissed off the team trading a team favorite except this time its blowing up in his face and if the Raiders want the pick back how does the cheat proceed ? If Seymour is pulling some Sh!T like was mentioned in this thread the Raiders are in the drivers seat and can make the cheats life misearable. Personally I hope the Raiders wait a few weeks then dump it all back on the Pats lap after the Jets game.

What a shock, Garb is calling people names again. Must be having her period. Its a good excuse for making a fool of oneself I guess.

As long as JG ain't calling anybody a clown all is well at troll nation.

What are you the Acme troll shield? I dont care what you think is needed.

thats fine..

free country,,just not a cool thing to say to alady,,very boorish and the thing that men with IQs of a stick say to a woman whyen they dont like what they did..but carry one and keep using that line to women in future,,you will need this if you do

211_kleenex.jpg

vaseline$399.jpg

:rl: Talk about taking something completely out of context. When I said that it wasn't intended to sound like I wouldn't have said that if I were sober. I meant it as if I had typed a longer response it would have been filled with typos. Carry on though.

thats fine..

free country,,just not a cool thing to say to alady,,very boorish and the thing that men with IQs of a stick say to a woman whyen they dont like what they did..but carry one and keep using that line to women in future,,you will need this if you do

211_kleenex.jpg

vaseline$399.jpg

You forgot a couple...

tweezers1.jpg

967211_magnifying_glass.jpg

thats fine..

Thank you for the sage advice and (funny?) pics.

I forgot you were the JN arbiter of what is cool or boorish.

Why not call the Troll on the boorish name calling behaviour?

Got a thing for her?

My advice to you?

Keep both hands on your keyboard when typing.

Got a thing for her?

My advice to you?

Are you Klecko73isgod's brother or lover? Ooops.....forgot.....or both?

Speaking of a drunk ALK....when are you getting on Socom drunk again?

:lol: When did I ever play Socom drunk? I mean I sucked pretty bad so it probably could have been mistaken for being drunk. I almost bought the new one the other day. It was on clearance for $40 with the headset. I just couldn't bring myself to do it.

Got a thing for her?

My advice to you?

uh OK

Garb was PMed about the moron comment..

She has to serve samwiches 2nd shift this week

From the San Jose Mercury Times:

Raiders notebook: Still no word from Seymour

By Steve Corkran

scorkran@bayareanewsgroup.com

Posted: 09/08/2009 06:26:12 PM PDT

Updated: 09/08/2009 09:46:43 PM PDT

Defensive end Richard Seymour missed practice Tuesday for the second straight day, and he still hasn't given any public indication on whether he intends to honor the trade by the New England Patriots.

Raiders coach Tom Cable said he remains hopeful that Seymour will show up as soon as he gets his affairs in order.

"I don't want to comment on (Seymour's status) until we have something that's done and concrete," Cable said.

The deal was done Sunday, as far as the league and the Patriots are concerned. The league approved the trade Sunday afternoon, and Patriots coach Bill Belichick already has filled Seymour's roster spot.

"We don't have the rights to Richard, so I can't really speak to that," Belichick said in his first public comment since the trade. "There isn't really anything I can say about him or his situation. I'll pass on that."

It's up to the Raiders to set a time frame for Seymour to report. The Collective Bargaining Agreement doesn't require a traded player to report to his new team by a certain time.

Therefore, the Raiders can be as patient as they want with Seymour, though Cable said he would like to have Seymour in uniform for the regular-season opener Monday night.

"This is an issue between the clubs," said Greg Aiello, the senior vice president of public relations for the NFL. "Any comment on the situation at this time would have to come from the clubs."

A person close to Seymour said Monday night that Seymour was caught off guard by the trade and that he is sorting out his emotions and mulling his options.

Raiders linebacker Ricky Brown said Seymour shouldn't listen to those who tell him that Oakland isn't a desirable team to play for.

"He doesn't know what's been going on here since the offseason program started in March "... ," Brown said. "When he comes around, he's going to realize that the perception and reality are completely different."

http://www.mercurynews.com/raiders-headlines/ci_13294662

In the words of Arte Lange - "WAH!"

Raiders linebacker Ricky Brown said Seymour shouldn't listen to those who tell him that Oakland isn't a desirable team to play for.

"He doesn't know what's been going on here since the offseason program started in March "... ," Brown said. "When he comes around, he's going to realize that the perception and reality are completely different."

:rl::rl::rl::rl:

The Raider could be royally screwed on this one.

Trades are typically condition on a player passing a physical.

Here is what normally happens:

1) Trade is made,

2) trade is annouced,

3) physical is undergone,

4) if the player passes the physical then the trade paper work is filed with league office.

5) the league approves the paperwork and the player counts towards the new teams 53 player roster and not the old teams.

But as Mike Lombardi points out......

"the trade papers have been signed and approved by the league office. He counts on the Raiders

1) Trade is made,

2) trade is annouced,

4) if the player passes the physical then the trade paper work is filed with league office.

5) the league approves the paperwork and the player counts towards the new teams 53 player roster and not the old teams.

"the trade papers have been signed and approved by the league office. He counts on the Raiders

1) Trade is made,

2) trade is annouced,

"the trade papers have been signed and approved by the league office. He counts on the Raiders’ 53-man roster"

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Diner-morning-news-Random-thoughts-2603.html

They might not be able to recind.

thats like signing a paper that says I wont sue when laid off and they give u severance..u can always sue, signed paper or not,,,,the fact that he doesnt show for physical would legally 'taint' the agreement

1) Trade is made,

2) trade is annouced,

1) Trade is made,

2) trade is annouced,

"the trade papers have been signed and approved by the league office. He counts on the Raiders’ 53-man roster"

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Diner-morning-news-Random-thoughts-2603.html

They might not be able to recind.

If it's in the CBA that a player must report and that a physical must be passed (and I have no clue if that wording is actually in there, nor do I care enough to look it up) for a trade to be completed, it really doesn't matter if the paperwork's been signed and approved. The trade would most certainly be rescinded if it is, no question.

If it's in the CBA that a player must report and that a physical must be passed (and I have no clue if that wording is actually in there, nor do I care enough to look it up) for a trade to be completed, it really doesn't matter if the paperwork's been signed and approved. The trade would most certainly be rescinded if it is, no question.

I am pretty sure passing a physical is not a requirement to be traded. E.g. if the Patriots wanted to trade Brandon Tate to another team they could (he is on IR) and would be incapable of passing a physical.

It is the norm for teams to condition a trade on the player passing a physical, but if Crazy Al didn't do that then he is screwed not the Pats.

Archived