Congrats to the Red Sawx and their fans.....You are the AL Wildcard!!!

JonEJet

Watching that on the TV last night was disgusting. First, I find it comical that one would celebrate a wildcard entry (and I understand the baseball season grind and needing to let loose a little - but jeez, have some team pride already) ....but worse is that you lost the game you were just playing, backed into the WC, yet still party like it's 1999. Enough. I hope the Angels steal 100 bases on them and sweep. No more local baseball news. No more John Henry galavanting about town with his 30 years his junior bride. No more WEEI interviews with 'Lyin Larry. Just go away.

Watching that on the TV last night was disgusting. First, I find it comical that one would celebrate a wildcard entry (and I understand the baseball season grind and needing to let loose a little - but jeez, have some team pride already) ....but worse is that you lost the game you were just playing, backed into the WC, yet still party like it's 1999. Enough. I hope the Angels steal 100 bases on them and sweep. No more local baseball news. No more John Henry galavanting about town with his 30 years his junior bride. No more WEEI interviews with 'Lyin Larry. Just go away.

Get over it Garb. It's a daily grind of day in and day out baseball. They deserve to celebrate. They didn't have a wild party. They had a tame, private locker room celebration. Relax a bit.

Oh and as far as backing into the playoffs goes...

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/baseball/red_sox/view/20090930sox_slide_means_little/

"If it did, then the 2000 Yankees will have to return their rings. Remember that? The Yankees lost 15 of their final 18 games of the regular season that year. Big deal. They got by the A

Get over it Garb. It's a daily grind of day in and day out baseball. They deserve to celebrate. They didn't have a wild party. They had a tame, private locker room celebration. Relax a bit.

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/baseball/red_sox/view/20090930sox_slide_means_little/

"If it did, then the 2000 Yankees will have to return their rings. Remember that? The Yankees lost 15 of their final 18 games of the regular season that year. Big deal. They got by the A

DUDE - Seriously?

A champagne celebration for a wild card?

What is it with MLB and the ridiculous amounts of celebrations?? That goes for the division titles, divisional series titles.....enough already.

The champagne baths should be reserved for pennants and World Series titles.

QFT.

This is the most stress free September I have had for a few years.

Thank God the Mets suck again and I don't have to face all the stress you guys will with your teams ;)

and we don't have to deal with the absurd "David Wright is better than A-rod" B.S. you Mets fans come up with

You're not naive enough to think that Wright was not cheating too?

Jone, there has been no proof of that. Or at least that I know of.

I gave A-Rod all the benefit of the doubt, prior to his mea culpa.

I am not one that just goes around, tainting players without a shred of evidence.

If you have something, please point to it. I will let you know if it is credible, you could make some money on it.

Otherwise, you are just pissing in the wind.

You are right Blackout, that was an absurd argument. There is no way to know when A-Rod wasn't cheating. No fair way to make comparisons.

:-P

I like your style. The Mets have had a rough year, but there is still fight in you! Good job man, seriously I mean that.

Are you serious with this nonsense?

The Yankees won their division in 2000.

How is that nonsense? It's a fact that the Yankees went 3-15 to end the 2000 season. Nowhere did he say that they didn't win the division.

How is that nonsense? It's a fact that the Yankees went 3-15 to end the 2000 season. Nowhere did he say that they didn't win the division.

Yes a team that won 2 world championships in a row, took the last 2 weeks of the regular season off. This is totally the same situation.

If you weren't so sexy I would un-mod you just for making me type that out. :-P

Yes a team that won 2 world championships in a row, took the last 2 weeks of the regular season off. This is totally the same situation.

I am a sexy mf'er, at least I have that going for me.

In any case, I don't think the Sox get past the Angels.

If i hit myself in the head with a hammer 6 times, can I take his spot as the stupid mod?

If i hit myself in the head with a hammer 6 times, can I take his spot as the stupid mod?

Nah, we need you keep the jackass poster slot.

:rl::rl::rl:

It is a tough call actually. It would really depend on what mod you replaced. Because BP could easily fill the jackass poster slot. He is like our Randy Velarde. He can play every position yet when you see him in the starting lineup you cringe.

Rough year is putting it kindly. The franchise is in the dump for 5 more years.

Doesn't stop me from being an ass though ;)

The future doesn't look too bright either. There's more ? now than there were in June. They're playing like they've lost interest TOTALLY in the game. They need Lou or Bobby V in that clubhouse. Shake these Zombies TF up.

Archived