***OFFICIAL ALDS NY YANKEES V. TWINS GAME THREAD***

Vudu

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Alright, so, the afternoon after.

I went to the best baseball game I've ever seen last night. And to think--it was my first playoff experience.

I can't even really put into words what it felt like. I get chills even as I'm writing this. The first time I knew I was in the Bronx in October (because the weather didn't really give me that feeling) was in the first, when my whole section stood up as AJ Burnett got a two-strike count.

In the sixth, I got my first taste of an October Bronx explosion as A-Rod hit the RBI single. The place went NUTS, and it was the 6th inning.

And then the A-Rod HR and the walkoff. Everyone knew the A-Rod HR was gone, but the it was just bedlam after that walkoff HR bounced up off the top of the wall. I've never experienced anything like it in my life (never seen a walkoff HR before this, either). It was INSANE. Not one single person left that building until it was all over.

I sat in the grandstand, and I think the best part of the game might've been the walk down the ramp afterwards. "Let's Go Yankees!" and "Mark Tuh-share-uh!" chants were blasting throughout the four levels (Teixeira is blessed with a last name that fits the structure of that chant...A-Rod is not).

All in all, just an incredible experience. It's safe to say I'll be saving that ticket stub for a while. :)

Alright, so, the afternoon after.

I went to the best baseball game I've ever seen last night. And to think--it was my first playoff experience.

I can't even really put into words what it felt like. I get chills even as I'm writing this. The first time I knew I was in the Bronx in October (because the weather didn't really give me that feeling) was in the first, when my whole section stood up as AJ Burnett got a two-strike count.

In the sixth, I got my first taste of an October Bronx explosion as A-Rod hit the RBI single. The place went NUTS, and it was the 6th inning.

And then the A-Rod HR and the walkoff. Everyone knew the A-Rod HR was gone, but the it was just bedlam after that walkoff HR bounced up off the top of the wall. I've never experienced anything like it in my life (never seen a walkoff HR before this, either). It was INSANE. Not one single person left that building until it was all over.

I sat in the grandstand, and I think the best part of the game might've been the walk down the ramp afterwards. "Let's Go Yankees!" and "Mark Tuh-share-uh!" chants were blasting throughout the four levels (Teixeira is blessed with a last name that fits the structure of that chant...A-Rod is not).

All in all, just an incredible experience. It's safe to say I'll be saving that ticket stub for a while. :)

Awesome experience, I'm sure it was crazy.

My brother was there, but it seems like he's at every great game. I envy him.

Suspect this is going to be another game where the Yanks feel their around 1st time through the order-and then pound the crap out of this bum.

Saldy, your choices for viewing/listening are Chip Caray on TBS, Suzyn "Goodness Gracious" Waldman on 880 and Je "The Reds with the Piss Poor Pitching Would beat anyone" Morgan on 1050. EARPLUGS NOW!

Suspect this is going to be another game where the Yanks feel their around 1st time through the order-and then pound the crap out of this bum.

Saldy, your choices for viewing/listening are Chip Caray on TBS, Suzyn "Goodness Gracious" Waldman on 880 and Je "The Reds with the Piss Poor Pitching Would beat anyone" Morgan on 1050. EARPLUGS NOW!

I thought about switching over to the radio feed but I will stick with TBS.

Love they Yanks' pen. Basically they need a lead only after the 6th..reminds me of the Mariano Wetteland days.

Anyone see Delmon Young just get blasted in the balls?? Wonder if he was wearing a cup.

thats the key. we finally have the pitching back. hate that we have to play the angels next (they're our curse team) but its shaping up like the kind of year where we get some payback on the Rally Monkey

Joba was throwing CHEESE
Like that Posada was simply getting him to throw fastballs rather than plyaing games with nonsense 2nd best pitches like he did with Hughes on Friday. Joba is a totally different guy out of the pen. He's not even the same pitcher, utterly bizarre.

Archived