Braylon Edwards Traded To Jets: MERGED

PS17

• Replies 670
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Look at the stats for last year and this year. Ginn and Edwards have almost identical stats.

http://www.nfl.com/players/braylonedwards/profile?id=EDW127548

Are you ****ing mad in the head or something?

Are you comparing Edwards to Ginn? LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Edwards had almost 1300 yards and 16 TDs in one season, Ginn has 4 TDs and just over 1300 yards in 36 games.

Ginn compared to Edwards, LOLOLOLOLOLOL, today just keeps getting better.

Not a big fan of the deal. Edwards runs terrible routes and has the worst hands of all the "#1 WRs" in the NFL. He is a one-trick pony in that he can get open deep. Catching the deep ball? That's another story.

The thing I like about it most is that it should open up the running game. Teams have been crowding the LOS against us due to the rookie QB and no WR on the field that scared them deep. If Braylon can keep an 8th man out of the box and open up things for the run game then his impact for the team will go much further than his stats (and drops) alone.

With all the above being said ... Still want to give kudos to Tannenbaum for pulling it off. The guy works tirelessly to improve this team and simply gets things done. Period.

Not a big fan of the deal. Edwards runs terrible routes and has the worst hands of all the "#1 WRs" in the NFL. He is a one-trick pony in that he can get open deep. Catching the deep ball? That's another story.

The thing I like about it most is that it should open up the running game. Teams have been crowding the LOS against us due to the rookie QB and no WR on the field that scared them deep. If Braylon can keep an 8th man out of the box and open up things for the run game then his impact for the team will go much further than his stats (and drops) alone.

With all the above being said ... Still want to give kudos to Tannenbaum for pulling it off. The guy works tirelessly to improve this team and simply gets things done. Period.

Good post baby.

I liked Stuckey as well...need to see what picks...

Details are emerging regarding the consideration the Browns have received for receiver Braylon Edwards from the Jets.

Per Adam Schefter of ESPN and Jay Glazer of FOX, the Browns get linebacker Jason Trusnick and draft picks.

Glazer reports that receiver Chansi Stucky is also part of the deal.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/category/rumor-mill/

This move is a SHOCK. Talk about a fire sale in Cleveland in the past season, and they've literally got nothing in return from us. I'll admit I had no faith of trading for a FA, but just having Edwards is gonna scare off Ds to not stack the box. Hopefully he needed a change of scenery and that this will work out.

FYI - Edwards is a FA next year, meaning we'll have the first swing to sign him before he hits the market. This could be big time if he does well in NY and we sign him long term. Otherwise losing Stuckey would be a huge problem

Archived