Mets Sign Jason Bay ?

Maxman

Bay had a solid Fenway swing. He'll be okay in Citi, but he won't put the same numbers and his fielding will probably get even worse. Could be 5/80 with a vesting option. He got his money and years but now he's going to get the scrutiny of the New York media (which can be worse than Boston). Best of luck to him. It's obvious he went where he could get a 5th year because he's not going to a playoff team. Not as currently constructed.

Okay.......signing Jason Bay is better than nothing but I gotta say....WHAT THE FEKK IS WRONG WITH YOU OMAR?????????

You're "focusing on offense" so you can't talk to pitchers at the same time? Your team plays in NY for god sakes. If you gave even half a sh!t about your team you would have made a serious run at John Lackey. A top 2 of Santana and Lackey would have made you legit. Instead you sign a corner OF who will see a dramatic PLUNGE in production in your new ballpark.

Fu#K. Maybe it's beause I left NYC when I was a 13 years old but I like seeing the Mets being competitive at the very least but this is a terrible effing move. I mean, Bay is solid, but why not spend that money on pitching?

Ugh...I mean this from the bottom of my heart....I feel bad for Mets fans the way Mets fans felt bad for Yakee fans in the late 80's when we were hoping/begging/praying to sign the likes of Mark Davis/Makr Langston/Steve Buchelle. Best of luck Mets fans. This Yankee fan likes the baseball world a lot better when you're competitive. I've backed Omar on a lot of previous moves but he's proven himself to be a friggin joke this off-season.

Jason Bay in 2010

22 HRs 94 RBI's when they could have signed John Lackey. Riddiculous.

Okay.......signing Jason Bay is better than nothing but I gotta say....WHAT THE FEKK IS WRONG WITH YOU OMAR?????????

You're "focusing on offense" so you can't talk to pitchers at the same time? Your team plays in NY for god sakes. If you gave even half a sh!t about your team you would have made a serious run at John Lackey. A top 2 of Santana and Lackey would have made you legit. Instead you sign a corner OF who will see a dramatic PLUNGE in production in your new ballpark.

Fu#K. Maybe it's beause I left NYC when I was a 13 years old but I like seeing the Mets being competitive at the very least but this is a terrible effing move. I mean, Bay is solid, but why not spend that money on pitching?

Ugh...I mean this from the bottom of my heart....I feel bad for Mets fans the way Mets fans felt bad for Yakee fans in the late 80's when we were hoping/begging/praying to sign the likes of Mark Davis/Makr Langston/Steve Buchelle. Best of luck Mets fans. This Yankee fan likes the baseball world a lot better when you're competitive. I've backed Omar on a lot of previous moves but he's proven himself to be a friggin joke this off-season.

Jason Bay in 2010

22 HRs 94 RBI's when they could have signed John Lackey. Riddiculous.

Agree. For all my razzing of the Mets baseball season is better when both teams are competitive all season.

I hate the Sawx. People I love, am related to and am friends and neighbors with are Mets fans, so I wish them no ill unless it's like 2000. Sucks to have this franchise run aground under Omar and the Coupons.

I doubt that. The Sox have upgraded offense at catcher significantly, offense at SS significantly, and defense in LF significantly. Bay disappeared for months at a time and his fielding was average at best. Another stick couldn't hurt, but right now there isn't much out there. Pitching wins championships and Sox rotation and pen are going to be very good again.

The Sox lineup does not strike fear into me. they are missing 2 major bats.

pitching wins championships? tell that to San Francisco

Bay had a solid Fenway swing. He'll be okay in Citi, but he won't put the same numbers and his fielding will probably get even worse. Could be 5/80 with a vesting option. He got his money and years but now he's going to get the scrutiny of the New York media (which can be worse than Boston). Best of luck to him. It's obvious he went where he could get a 5th year because he's not going to a playoff team. Not as currently constructed.

wh ycant mets just give in and move citi field fences in??

archectecturally impossible?? Then hire Art VanDelay architects

Can Jason Bay pitch? The Mets may finish in 4th place again next year if they don't improve their starting rotation. Bay helps a little bit, mainly because Carlos Beltran is seemingly always injured.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/teams/NYM/2009.shtml

the mets OPS+ was 94 (100 = average)

their ERA+ was 92 (100 = average)

the mets needed help on O too

Agreed. Bay was offensively better off in Fenway. I would have like to have seen him stay in Boston. The Mets aren't going anywhere this year. Too many holes and Bay's numbers will drop off compared to this year at Fenway.

You NEED to do your homework when discussing the Red Sox. Your lack of knowledge shows .

LMAO my homework?

tell me why I should fear a lineup with Victor MArtinez as your most lethal bat?

please, tell me.

an outfield of mike cameron, j.d. drew and ellsbury? are you kidding me????

damn man, morons be all up in my kool-aid and don't know the flavor!

Is there something about the wind at Citi Field? Cause dimension-wise, it shouldn't hurt him any more than PNC did. And he had success with the Pirates. Streaky or not, Pirate fans would kill to have him back. The Mets are lucky to have him.

Also, off-topic, but he wouldn't have dropped the ball (literally) like Holliday did last year in the playoffs. Bay > Holliday.

Archived