sports pet peeves

johnny green balls

by far, my #1 sports pet peeves is the "OVER-RATED" chant when the home team is beating a higher ranked team.

so basically the home team's fans are admitting that they cannot beat a good team and only won because the visitor is overrated?

in those situations it makes 100 times more sense to cheer "UNDER-RATED" for your team.

My Sports pet peeves are with college sports, CFB to be exact. I hate college football chants such as "IT'A GREAT TO BE A (INSERT COLLEGE NAME HERE)!" I also hate when people rush the field after a victory, all it shows is that your program has had very little success. Good programs don't rush the field after quality wins...rushing the field is usually an indicator that your crappy squad got lucky you can't believe it so you rush the field.

by far, my #1 sports pet peeves is the "OVER-RATED" chant when the home team is beating a higher ranked team.

so basically the home team's fans are admitting that they cannot beat a good team and only won because the visitor is overrated?

in those situations it makes 100 times more sense to cheer "UNDER-RATED" for your team.

me i just love the lavish TD celebrations, when your team is losing by

30 points lol

I don't like how the networks cover football.

-extreme close-ups all the time...to make it exciting. I'd like a stable longer-shot option to see the play unfold, and watch the team walk downfield.

-Packing commercials everywhere they can. You get to see the snap to the tackle. then immediately it's beer or razors.

My Sports pet peeves are with college sports, CFB to be exact. I hate college football chants such as "IT'A GREAT TO BE A (INSERT COLLEGE NAME HERE)!" I also hate when people rush the field after a victory, all it shows is that your program has had very little success. Good programs don't rush the field after quality wins...rushing the field is usually an indicator that your crappy squad got lucky you can't believe it so you rush the field.

I rushed the field after Villanova won the national championship... Villanova is not a crappy squad, nor a crappy program.

Some wins are just so damn big...

ah yes the futile TD celebrations when your team is getting destroyed and rushing the field after a win - both good.

i will add whenever a team goes for two in the first half or early in the 3rd Q.

or the celebration after a tackle

i could see Deon celebrating after one, he made so few:D

Leagues with all of their teams based either in the USA, or at most North America, referring to their top team as, "World Champion." That moniker should be saved for competitions that, you know, actually invite participants from around the world.

sounds like half the pet peeves in this thread wouldn't exist if athletes followed the best sports (and probably life) advice ever given: "act like you've been there before."

I don't mind a little humor and excitement after a great play but guys like Ochosucko pretty much soured me on it after a while. Too many glory seekers in today's game.

-- College Football's stopping of the clock rules-- makes games go 4 ****ing hours, or more.

-- Bands at College Football games. Thats cool for Basketball and Hockey, but Football? No. Should not be allowed. Its ****ing annoying as hell. STFU.

-- The constant plug ins for shows on the network on which the game is airing. Once or twice is okay, but not 37 times.

-- Jeremy Shockey acting as if every 3 yard reception in Week 3 of the Preseason has won his team the Super Bowl. I understand other WRs and TEs do this, but nobody does it like Shockey.

When fans boo the visiting team during introductions.

What? Why?

I LOVE when the fans used to yell "SUCKS" after every single person was introduced. Nowadays, that doesn't happen as much. Its a sad day. One of the best things about attending a game is making it a home field situation for your team.

What? Why?

I LOVE when the fans used to yell "SUCKS" after every single person was introduced. Nowadays, that doesn't happen as much. Its a sad day. One of the best things about attending a game is making it a home field situation for your team.

Shows zero thought or creativity.

"Boo! you suck! boo!"

they suck why? for coming to play the game? for giving you entertainment for the next several hours? because they are on a different team?

everyone i've seen booing during introductions looks like they just huffed paint in the parking lot before the game.

Shows zero thought or creativity.

"Boo! you suck! boo!"

they suck why? for coming to play the game? for giving you entertainment for the next several hours? because they are on a different team?

everyone i've seen booing during introductions looks like they just huffed paint in the parking lot before the game.

Why should anyone respect the opposing team? You must have seen millions of people in your lifetime, then.

Almost everyone at least boo's the opposing team.

At least that shows thought. Blanket booing is ridiculous.

at UMass the fans used to bring a copy of the daily school newspaper and hold it up in front of their faces and shake the paper to make noise.

It was a cool site to see... half the arena with newspapers in front of their face... and then after they introduced UMass the fans would toss the newspaper they had ripped into shreds and have newspaper confetti rain down...

It was pretty cool, no booing of the visiting team (except for when they introduced John Chaney...

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="

"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Also, when networks constantly show stars from their upcoming shows in the stands during their sports broadcasts.

-- The constant plug ins for shows on the network on which the game is airing. Once or twice is okay, but not 37 times.

+1, +1

Those promos for shows that go across the bottom of the screen. You can't see half the field when the show's name and their silly actors appear. And the ad can't be a static ad, they have the actors always moving around and being distracting. Yea, we get it, there are actors in your shows. Now get that garbage off the screen.

Also, the plugs for shows from the announcers. They're so busy telling us that Survivor Season 107 Between the Heroes and Villians is coming up after the game that they forget to announce what's happening on the field and miss the play.

This may have been said but: CAMERA RESTRICTIONS !!

How is the league going to lose ANY money if Joe Schmuckatelli takes some nice pix (hell, or video for that matter) of a game???

Are people really going to WAIT until the NEXT DAY to see a game video made with drunken Joe's handycam from section 342 Row 25?

Archived