Woody's Passion {Did the Jets delete this article} ???

JetNation

For Woody Johnson, the coin flip flap of the past several days was already yesterday's news."I'm done with that and moving forward," the Jets owner said Wednesday, in an exclusive interview with newyorkjets.com, on the question of the coin toss that he wanted to see decide whether the Jets or Giants got that first regular-season home game at the New Meadowlands Stadium in September....

More...

Did the Jets delete a Woody Johnson article? We get these through their RSS feed after the article is published. Yet when you click on more you get a page not found error.

Did this get deleted? If so, why?

The original title was: Woody's Passion Is Showing This Offseason

This is weird. I meant to check out the article yesterday when it came out. Because my first reaction was wow the Jets PR people are going over the top. Yes Woody's ego is bruised and yes he is taking some shots that are unfair. He is a soft target. The PSL fiasco rolls over and he has to deal with that no doubt.

But to write fluff pieces about him is just wrong. I think it is odd that they published one and then pulled it back after the fact (assuming that is what happened here, I am not sure).

Did the Jets delete a Woody Johnson article? We get these through their RSS feed after the article is published. Yet when you click on more you get a page not found error.

Did this get deleted? If so, why?

part of his deal toget the 7pm MNF game on 9/13 and the 8:20pm turkey day game?

Yes... it was removed.

Using Google's cache... the article is here, for now:

http://74.125.47.132/search?q=cache:zeZAGrSMVVoJ:www.newyorkjets.com/news/articles/show/3636-woody-s-passion-is-showing-this-offseason+%E2%80%9CWoody%E2%80%99s+Passion+Is+Showing+This+Offseason%E2%80%9D&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

Of course, once Google updates it's cache, it'll be gone... so, here ya go...

Woody's Passion Is Showing This Offseason

By Randy Lange Editor-in-Chief

Published: 03-18-10

For Woody Johnson, the coin flip flap of the past several days was already yesterday's news.

"I'm done with that and moving forward," the Jets owner said Wednesday, in an exclusive interview with newyorkjets.com, on the question of the coin toss that he wanted to see decide whether the Jets or Giants got that first regular-season home game at the New Meadowlands Stadium in September. "I would say it was a disagreement over the process and that was it."

But Johnson's role in the debate over that prize game speaks to the passion he brings to his job as the Jets' chairman and CEO. He does it for his team, for the fans, for his principles. Some still seem to think Robert Wood Johnson IV is Mr. Nice Guy. Well, he is a nice guy, but as he begins his second decade as the Jets' owner, he continues to come out swinging when he feels the need.

"I've been fighting for 10 years," Johnson said. "We're going to fight hard. We fought hard for the stadium. We fight hard to win every year. And there are lots of decisions the public doesn't know about that are difficult and confrontational.

"I'm extremely passionate about it."

Moving forward, Johnson's passion now takes him back for a while to the day-to-day business of this most important offseason in Jets history. Important because it's the next offseason, of course. Yet with the memory of January's AFC Championship Game appearance still fresh and the opening of the new stadium now less than a half year away, Woody is enjoying the process, along with general manager Mike Tannenbaum and head coach Rex Ryan, of prepping the Jets to attack the 2010 season.

"We've Made the Team Better"

"I think Mike's done a great job of doing what he does, which is being resourceful and looking for players that fit our team and our coaching staff and our objectives at each position," said Johnson of Tannenbaum and company's transactions so far, with the list topped by Sunday's signing of legendary tailback LaDainian Tomlinson and last week's trade for cornerback Antonio Cromartie.

"He and his scouting staff are to be commended for getting things done. These deals are never easy to do, they're never easy.

"And we're under a very difficult set of rules, 'the Final Four,' " he said, referring not to his bracket sheet but to the unrestricted free agency signing restrictions placed on the four conference championship teams in this uncapped year. "So I think, especially in that way, it looks like we've made the team better."

Johnson is understatedly eager to see what Tomlinson has left in his tank. He thinks it's more full than a lot of NFL experts think.

"LaDainian is pretty much a household name

I went from being down on Woody since the West Side Stadium fell through to being a HUGE fan. The guy just lost his daughter too. Probably a little emotional with good reason. The fact that he showed to give a **** about his football franchise gets a big thumbs up from me!!!

Keep on witcha bad-self Woody. You da man!

Happy to help ya.

Reading it, I suspect it may've been this line, that caused Jets PR to pull it...

"LaDainian is pretty much a household name — a long name, but a household name," he said playfully.

In these days of political correctness, maybe someone *could* interpret it with racial overtones.

Who knows ;)

He looked like a whining crybaby...lmao..thats why they deleted it. both teams being home on opening day is fair. whats the big ****ing deal? hes an a hole.

the irony of you calling someone an a-hole is just amazing.

I did a search of my last 20 posts..lol..and guess who is the first one to reply to all of them?

Are you gay?

Funny, based on this outlandish claim I did a search of your last 20 posts and found you to be dead wrong.

When did you become such an angry guy? I don't remember you being this angry on JI.

Doesn't change the irony any.... and I could care less. I'll bump it monthly if you'd like.

My game plan is to go from JN's best Mod (2 consecutive award winning years) to the most hated despised Mod/Poster on this forum.

You being a former athlete would understand all about that

:rl:

My game plan is to go from JN's best Mod (2 consecutive award winning years) to the most hated despised Mod/Poster on this forum.

You being a former athlete would understand all about that

:rl:

Not for nothing BP but this is not the first thread you have ruined with this crap. Just because we are friends doesn't mean you can just litter this board with your hate and garbage posts.

Grow up.

Not for nothing BP but this is not the first thread you have ruined with this crap. Just because we are friends doesn't mean you can just litter this board with your hate and garbage posts.

Grow up.

Well, if you dont like me that much you can always hit the eject button. chump.

Back on topic here, anyone know why they would delete their own article?

Only a guess, but maybe it got posted by some sycophant before any PR pros got to look at it and explain to Woody how horribly embarrassing it was.

Somebody must have had the balls to tell Woody the truth.

Only a guess, but maybe it got posted by some sycophant before any PR pros got to look at it and explain to Woody how horribly embarrassing it was.

Somebody must have had the balls to tell Woody the truth.

I think only Randy Lange and Eric Allen can post directly but I am speculating, not sure. I would love to know the truth though.

Maybe this is an ingenious PR scheme? They put up a message about how devoted the owner is, pull it afterwards, and leave the commonfolk wondering what caused this deletion. Thus, the fan gets the idea of his owner being devoted stuck in his head for a while as we discuss the problem.

But ten bucks says that is not the case here lol.

Archived