JN Mafia - The Land of Fat and Happy

JustInFudge

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ok, here's my take so far. The Integrity/Jetscode scuffle really seems odd to me. I know they're both legit noobs, but the "you're not acting like a noob" "no YOU'RE not acting like a noob!" act really sticks out to me most of all. I agree with the sentiment of not booting a noob for fear of losing new players, but their interaction really bothers me. Not saying both or even one are scum, as I remember my first game and how stupid some of the things I said (and to be fair, still say) were.

When did said scuffle happen? Are you sure its me you are thinking of? I haven't had any disagreements with anyone... is it possible you are creating false suspicion based upon events that didn't transpire as a reaction to me voting for you prematurely?

I alluded to Crusher/CTM in the past post, nothing really sticks out to me yet. Crusher continually saying his own name reminds me of a role from a past game, when the player had to speak in third person ever so often...though I'm in no way saying thats the case here.

Agreed. The 3rd person dialogue is curious. Not sure what to make of it yet...

Ok, here's my take so far. The Integrity/Jetscode scuffle really seems odd to me. I know they're both legit noobs, but the "you're not acting like a noob" "no YOU'RE not acting like a noob!" act really sticks out to me most of all. I agree with the sentiment of not booting a noob for fear of losing new players, but their interaction really bothers me. Not saying both or even one are scum, as I remember my first game and how stupid some of the things I said (and to be fair, still say) were.

When did said scuffle happen? Are you sure its me you are thinking of? I haven't had any disagreements with anyone... is it possible you are creating false suspicion based upon events that didn't transpire as a reaction to me voting for you prematurely?

I alluded to Crusher/CTM in the past post, nothing really sticks out to me yet. Crusher continually saying his own name reminds me of a role from a past game, when the player had to speak in third person ever so often...though I'm in no way saying thats the case here.

You're absolutely right, I apologize. I meant HessStation and his arguement, not you. I'm mixing up noobs :P It's back a couple pages if you'd like me to copy/paste

You're absolutely right, I apologize. I meant HessStation and his arguement, not you. I'm mixing up noobs :P It's back a couple pages if you'd like me to copy/paste

No need to copy/paste... this should set the record straight. Well played though... you may have done just enough to get me to change my vote.

No need to copy/paste... this should set the record straight. Well played though... you may have done just enough to get me to change my vote.

Crusher continually saying his own name reminds me of a role from a past game, when the player had to speak in third person ever so often...though I'm in no way saying thats the case here.

That was Arsis... After the 1st day the novelty had worn off and I'm sure it was just as cumbersome for him to have to do it as it was for us to have to read it. If memory serves he was in fact innocent though...

Not sure that's the case here though.. I think Crusher is so enamored with himself he doesn't see anything wrong with going Ricky Henderson on us. Harmless enough unless he keeps doing it then there may be more to talk about.

I was going to say earlier that I didn't want this to turn into a month long game but feared those with itchy trigger fingers might try to make something out of it. Since you brought it up and others have agreed I'm ready to start forming a solid train against someone and seeing what happens. Kleck is at about a 3 out of 10 on the doosh meter which is unlike him... that's as good a reason as any at this point to:

VOTE KLECKO

Crusher continually saying his own name reminds me of a role from a past game, when the player had to speak in third person ever so often...though I'm in no way saying thats the case here.

That was Arsis... After the 1st day the novelty had worn off and I'm sure it was just as cumbersome for him to have to do it as it was for us to have to read it. If memory serves he was in fact innocent though...

Not sure that's the case here though.. I think Crusher is so enamored with himself he doesn't see anything wrong with going Ricky Henderson on us. Harmless enough unless he keeps doing it then there may be more to talk about.

I was going to say earlier that I didn't want this to turn into a month long game but feared those with itchy trigger fingers might try to make something out of it. Since you brought it up and others have agreed I'm ready to start forming a solid train against someone and seeing what happens. Kleck is at about a 3 out of 10 on the doosh meter which is unlike him... that's as good a reason as any at this point to:

VOTE KLECKO

Just for the noobs (and a reminder to all of us, honestly)-- IF Klecko's vote number gets up high, don't jump to lynching him without letting him speak. He may be acting fishy, but we have to let him speak in the event he's a town power role. I was a part of lynching the town cop I believe one time because of this "speed lynching," and I believe I went down in what mostly a speed lynch as a roleblocker once.

Just for the noobs (and a reminder to all of us, honestly)-- IF Klecko's vote number gets up high, don't jump to lynching him without letting him speak. He may be acting fishy, but we have to let him speak in the event he's a town power role. I was a part of lynching the town cop I believe one time because of this "speed lynching," and I believe I went down in what mostly a speed lynch as a roleblocker once.

VOTE KLECKO

Yeah that's basically what I'm saying. Mods sometimes throw quirky little things into games, but it's just something to keep an eye on.

VOTE KLECKO

Yeah that's basically what I'm saying. Mods sometimes throw quirky little things into games, but it's just something to keep an eye on.

You are working overtime trying to get someone else in the crosshairs...

You are working overtime trying to get someone else in the crosshairs...

For the record just about every time I've seen the work/school excuse for lack of participation that person has wound up being scum. JVOR, Shutout, Vic, and SMC have all used it and if I'm remembering correctly they all were scum.

Not ready to say that's the case with IJ but definitely something to consider.

For the record just about every time I've seen the work/school excuse for lack of participation that person has wound up being scum. JVOR, Shutout, Vic, and SMC have all used it and if I'm remembering correctly they all were scum.

What is a roleblocker?

Read a little on Wiki but I'm still confused. Any help greatly appreciated...

What is a roleblocker?

AVM are you usually this active? I don't have the best memory of past games but you definitely seem more visible to me so far and are almost taking on a leadership role.

His sudden outburst of activity means he is either nervous about having 2 votes, OR possibly in some role that I don't fully have my finger on yet.

AVM are you usually this active? I don't have the best memory of past games but you definitely seem more visible to me so far and are almost taking on a leadership role.

His sudden outburst of activity means he is either nervous about having 2 votes, OR possibly in some role that I don't fully have my finger on yet.

You bring up an excellent point, and I follow you, BUT -- there was a game when my participation waivered from day to day due to classes/intramurals/etc. It got me killed that game, and while I'm not sure if that was the roleblocker game or not, I know for sure I was a townie. Again, I'm with you that theres no way to say something one way or the other there yet. SMC brought up an excellent point with the overall mood during gameday threads and such.

What is a roleblocker?

Roleblocker is a town power role. The roleblocker submits the name of one person during night actions, and IF that person has an available action, such as a Vigilante, scum submitting night kill, OR the cop/doc (so the roleblocker can hurt his own cause), that persons night ability is nullified. It can be very helpful, very dangerous, or do nothing at all. Roleblocker is also not notified if his/her actions were successful or not.

You bring up an excellent point, and I follow you, BUT -- there was a game when my participation waivered from day to day due to classes/intramurals/etc. It got me killed that game, and while I'm not sure if that was the roleblocker game or not, I know for sure I was a townie. Again, I'm with you that theres no way to say something one way or the other there yet. SMC brought up an excellent point with the overall mood during gameday threads and such.

What is a roleblocker?

Roleblocker is a town power role. The roleblocker submits the name of one person during night actions, and IF that person has an available action, such as a Vigilante, scum submitting night kill, OR the cop/doc (so the roleblocker can hurt his own cause), that persons night ability is nullified. It can be very helpful, very dangerous, or do nothing at all. Roleblocker is also not notified if his/her actions were successful or not.

What is a roleblocker?

Yeah, I am reading the wiki now... and all the roles are confusing... I'm not sure what the point is. Are we supposed to try to call out people's roles as we figure them out? Or do we just sit on what we think we've figured out.

'cause there are a lot of roles... I mean Klecko could have been ordered to be silent today, AVM could be a detective (based upon his sudden, and long deductive posts today) or he could be in some sort of alignment role... as he is clearly trying to influence the majority into voting for Klecko (while he himself has 2 votes).

Ugh. I under-estimated the learning curve on all this.

What is a roleblocker?

Yeah, I am reading the wiki now... and all the roles are confusing... I'm not sure what the point is. Are we supposed to try to call out people's roles as we figure them out? Or do we just sit on what we think we've figured out.

'cause there are a lot of roles... I mean Klecko could have been ordered to be silent today, AVM could be a detective (based upon his sudden, and long deductive posts today) or he could be in some sort of alignment role... as he is clearly trying to influence the majority into voting for Klecko (while he himself has 2 votes).

Ugh. I under-estimated the learning curve on all this.

Re: shutout and Integrity and my activity. My first couple of games, I laid back the entire time, tried not to draw too much attention and mostly didnt want to noob myself out of the game. The last game I played, I bumped my activity WAY up, and it was very noticeable, and got myself killed for it. You'll notice here a couple of things, when I post, it'll be in big bursts. I have an 8 AM class tuesday/thursday which I post during, and the rest of the time whenever I get to the computer I try to get as much in at once so I don't give a sort of popcorn response.

As for Integrity, I've been in the top 3/4 in post counts since the beginning (until this afternoon when I didnt post for a while)-- so as for the votes, just post count wise there's not much to that. Of course, you could probably say I'd say that if I was getting nervous :P, but, as I alluded to much earlier in a response to you I think?, on day 1, theres no need to get jumpy on a couple of votes.

Re: shutout and Integrity and my activity. My first couple of games, I laid back the entire time, tried not to draw too much attention and mostly didnt want to noob myself out of the game. The last game I played, I bumped my activity WAY up, and it was very noticeable, and got myself killed for it. You'll notice here a couple of things, when I post, it'll be in big bursts. I have an 8 AM class tuesday/thursday which I post during, and the rest of the time whenever I get to the computer I try to get as much in at once so I don't give a sort of popcorn response.

As for Integrity, I've been in the top 3/4 in post counts since the beginning (until this afternoon when I didnt post for a while)-- so as for the votes, just post count wise there's not much to that. Of course, you could probably say I'd say that if I was getting nervous :P, but, as I alluded to much earlier in a response to you I think?, on day 1, theres no need to get jumpy on a couple of votes.

To be fair though at least in my case the 2 things were not related. I may have been scum but I also was legitimately working a whole lot.

Archived