JN Mafia - The Land of Fat and Happy

JustInFudge

Perhaps not a GF but I swear you were scum once and came out all guns blazin and you got lynched day 1. Perhaps I'm "misremembering".

Any input is better than none, and school is important, it's the off-season this won't be the only mafia game so if you rather not deal with us annoying you about in activity I'm sure the cat butt will step in.

CTM's reverse mafia game with 2 different mafia teams.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
With 15 players, it takes 8 to lynch.

Vote Count

SMC (1) - Pac

Crusher (1) - AVM

Klecko73isGod (1) - Crusher

AVM (2) - Integrity, JVOR

Bleedin (1) - CTM

Hess (1) - Jetscode1

Vic (1) - Hess Station

Irish (1) - SMC

I realize we don't have entirely a lot going on, but 8 different vote getters so far... We really aren't going to get anywhere unless some trains form and collars get a little hot.

I'm not pressuring you guys to vote how I am since I don't have a particular strong read or case against AVM, but at some point we have to narrow down the voting trains a bit.

With 15 players, it takes 8 to lynch.

Vote Count

SMC (1) - Pac

Crusher (1) - AVM

Klecko73isGod (1) - Crusher

AVM (2) - Integrity, JVOR

Bleedin (1) - CTM

Hess (1) - Jetscode1

Vic (1) - Hess Station

Irish (1) - SMC

I realize we don't have entirely a lot going on, but 8 different vote getters so far... We really aren't going to get anywhere unless some trains form and collars get a little hot.

I'm not pressuring you guys to vote how I am since I don't have a particular strong read or case against AVM, but at some point we have to narrow down the voting trains a bit.

Right! Geez, we seriously have had some wacky games. I'm hoping this one is pretty straight forward to get us in the grove. Anyways my point was about a difference in gameplay that's all.

On another note I enjoyed those "crazy" mafia games, the short ones.

Right! Geez, we seriously have had some wacky games. I'm hoping this one is pretty straight forward to get us in the grove. Anyways my point was about a difference in gameplay that's all.

Perhaps not a GF but I swear you were scum once and came out all guns blazin and you got lynched day 1. Perhaps I'm "misremembering".

Any input is better than none, and school is important, it's the off-season this won't be the only mafia game so if you rather not deal with us annoying you about in activity I'm sure the cat butt will step in.

Nah, I think I can balance the two. If the inactivity becomes a big problem I will give my spot to Norway.

I understand your suspicion, my meltdown in that game was pretty epic but you'll probably find that my activity patterns are pretty inconsistent in all the mafia games I've played in, be it as scum or as a town member.

I've been online today for a change, but I just don't have much to say about the game right now.

Nah, I think I can balance the two. If the inactivity becomes a big problem I will give my spot to Norway.

I understand your suspicion, my meltdown in that game was pretty epic but you'll probably find that my activity patterns are pretty inconsistent in all the mafia games I've played in, be it as scum or as a town member.

I've been online today for a change, but I just don't have much to say about the game right now.

That was the game where Irish was called out and then Irish posted a retort and demanded a response in 5 minutes.

I voted for Irish to get a reaction and while we may have thought that he might act aggressively in response, his limp dog response is just as intriguing.

That was the game where Irish was called out and then Irish posted a retort and demanded a response in 5 minutes.

I voted for Irish to get a reaction and while we may have thought that he might act aggressively in response, his limp dog response is just as intriguing.

LOL

So let me get this right - You thought an aggressive "response" would be scummy considering what I've done previously, and now that I have "responded" in this "limp dog" way (WTF is that by the way?) I am scummy for that?

Interesting.

Also, I didn't respond to you, I genuinely thought until this post that your vote on me was a piss take of my day 1 meltdown.

LOL

So let me get this right - You thought an aggressive "response" would be scummy considering what I've done previously, and now that I have "responded" in this "limp dog" way (WTF is that by the way?) I am scummy for that?

Interesting.

Also, I didn't respond to you, I genuinely thought until this post that your vote on me was a piss take of my day 1 meltdown.

Sorry for the absence earlier, but upon catching up here's what I've gathered.

1) A few questions about some of the newbs. While I understand them, as others have stated I prefer to give these guys a pass on day one in their first game. Once they get a feel for things and have their feet wet all bets are off, but for now I'm just paying attention but have no plans on making a move.

2) Crusher has become the hot topic of discussion. While I don't think he has an obvious tell, there's nothing as of yet that has me convinced he's scum based on my experiences with him as scum in the past. To an extent he was doing the "saying a lot without saying much" thing early on, but that's pretty common at the beginning, especially for a guy like Crush.

3) CTM is trying to make cases all over the place. Given that its only day one, I'd normally found this suspicious, but its CTM and he always does this regardless of what side he's on. I'm not a particular fan of the throwing crap at the wall and see what sticks strategy, but its not enough to convince me of scumminess in this instance. Its just something to keep an eye on, and not just regarding CTM, if we start finding ourselves getting to the point where we're getting bogged down with arguments about everyone and not resolving anything. Unless somebody really slips up, major arguments in day one are always a little noteworthy.

In regards to CTM/Crusher -- I agree nothing really jumps out, though lets be honest...they're pretty good at this game. Either way, you don't go after a player on day one just because they play this game really well and are dangerous IF scum. Nothing to make me jump at either right now (which, btw -- unvote: Crusher...i'll revote in a bit here)

POSSIBLY.

(Does that joke translate to JN?)

Ha, unfortunately no, at least not to me. I'm not even a huge poster here with the exception of mafia, big jets news, and game days during the season.

Agree -- By midday tomorrow we're going to need to start narrowing things down. I doubt we're anywhere near being in danger of being given a time limit right now, but we don't want to get one and be rushed or anything...much less get to the weekend with no lynch. Better to have the weekend for night actions since things slow down.

Sorry for the absence earlier, but upon catching up here's what I've gathered.

1) A few questions about some of the newbs. While I understand them, as others have stated I prefer to give these guys a pass on day one in their first game. Once they get a feel for things and have their feet wet all bets are off, but for now I'm just paying attention but have no plans on making a move.

2) Crusher has become the hot topic of discussion. While I don't think he has an obvious tell, there's nothing as of yet that has me convinced he's scum based on my experiences with him as scum in the past. To an extent he was doing the "saying a lot without saying much" thing early on, but that's pretty common at the beginning, especially for a guy like Crush.

3) CTM is trying to make cases all over the place. Given that its only day one, I'd normally found this suspicious, but its CTM and he always does this regardless of what side he's on. I'm not a particular fan of the throwing crap at the wall and see what sticks strategy, but its not enough to convince me of scumminess in this instance. Its just something to keep an eye on, and not just regarding CTM, if we start finding ourselves getting to the point where we're getting bogged down with arguments about everyone and not resolving anything. Unless somebody really slips up, major arguments in day one are always a little noteworthy.

In regards to CTM/Crusher -- I agree nothing really jumps out, though lets be honest...they're pretty good at this game. Either way, you don't go after a player on day one just because they play this game really well and are dangerous IF scum. Nothing to make me jump at either right now (which, btw -- unvote: Crusher...i'll revote in a bit here)

POSSIBLY.

(Does that joke translate to JN?)

Ha, unfortunately no, at least not to me. I'm not even a huge poster here with the exception of mafia, big jets news, and game days during the season.

Agree -- By midday tomorrow we're going to need to start narrowing things down. I doubt we're anywhere near being in danger of being given a time limit right now, but we don't want to get one and be rushed or anything...much less get to the weekend with no lynch. Better to have the weekend for night actions since things slow down.

Ok, here's my take so far. The Integrity/Jetscode scuffle really seems odd to me. I know they're both legit noobs, but the "you're not acting like a noob" "no YOU'RE not acting like a noob!" act really sticks out to me most of all. I agree with the sentiment of not booting a noob for fear of losing new players, but their interaction really bothers me. Not saying both or even one are scum, as I remember my first game and how stupid some of the things I said (and to be fair, still say) were.

I alluded to Crusher/CTM in the past post, nothing really sticks out to me yet. Crusher continually saying his own name reminds me of a role from a past game, when the player had to speak in third person ever so often...though I'm in no way saying thats the case here.

JVOR taking a leadership role early on. Too early to tell on him as well, IMO. You see scum and town go with this approach early, so I'm not implying anything there yet. I'm leaning towards town, as if memory serves me that the one time he was mafia he laid low and lasted very long (the cops as mafia game).

As a college student, I can relate to IJ with school and such, but something still seems a little off. Keeping an eye on him right now.

Klecko has absolutely disappeared, and he REALLY sticks out to me. Question to the JI crowd--is this his first? I don't believe I've played with him, but I definitely dont have slats' memory :P I'd appreciate some input there if anyone could help.

Not worried about Vic, though he's sort of the anti-EY to me. I always feel like he's innocent for some reason (mostly bc until I believe the last game, which I didnt play in, he was "NEVER SCUM!!!!OMG!!!!111) :P

Pac, BG, SMC all seem like themselves. They seem perfectly normal to me thus far, which as I believe EY or CTM once said, those are the people you should be most weary of.

Ok, here's my take so far. The Integrity/Jetscode scuffle really seems odd to me. I know they're both legit noobs, but the "you're not acting like a noob" "no YOU'RE not acting like a noob!" act really sticks out to me most of all. I agree with the sentiment of not booting a noob for fear of losing new players, but their interaction really bothers me. Not saying both or even one are scum, as I remember my first game and how stupid some of the things I said (and to be fair, still say) were.

I alluded to Crusher/CTM in the past post, nothing really sticks out to me yet. Crusher continually saying his own name reminds me of a role from a past game, when the player had to speak in third person ever so often...though I'm in no way saying thats the case here.

JVOR taking a leadership role early on. Too early to tell on him as well, IMO. You see scum and town go with this approach early, so I'm not implying anything there yet. I'm leaning towards town, as if memory serves me that the one time he was mafia he laid low and lasted very long (the cops as mafia game).

As a college student, I can relate to IJ with school and such, but something still seems a little off. Keeping an eye on him right now.

Klecko has absolutely disappeared, and he REALLY sticks out to me. Question to the JI crowd--is this his first? I don't believe I've played with him, but I definitely dont have slats' memory :P I'd appreciate some input there if anyone could help.

Not worried about Vic, though he's sort of the anti-EY to me. I always feel like he's innocent for some reason (mostly bc until I believe the last game, which I didnt play in, he was "NEVER SCUM!!!!OMG!!!!111) :P

Pac, BG, SMC all seem like themselves. They seem perfectly normal to me thus far, which as I believe EY or CTM once said, those are the people you should be most weary of.

LOL

Interesting.

No, I didn't say that. I said your "limp dog" response was intriguing.

FYI, "limp dog" is a reference to a wounded animal. You gave a sadsong answer to why you're not posting as much. In fact, what I find intriguing is that your limp dog response is similar to how you have been acting in the recent months on the main message board.

I squarely remember your doom-and-gloom posts about how the Bengals & Chargers were going to kill the Jets. It was as if you were in a deep depression. The limp dog response here matches that.

Thus, I found intriguing the possibility that in your personal life you have been moody and gloomy and that has carried over here since the response is similar to off-mafia game exchanges.

LOL

Interesting.

FYI, "limp dog" is a reference to a wounded animal. You gave a sadsong answer to why you're not posting as much. In fact, what I find intriguing is that your limp dog response is similar to how you have been acting in the recent months on the main message board.

I squarely remember your doom-and-gloom posts about how the Bengals & Chargers were going to kill the Jets. It was as if you were in a deep depression. The limp dog response here matches that.

Thus, I found intriguing the possibility that in your personal life you have been moody and gloomy and that has carried over here since the response is similar to off-mafia game exchanges.

Wow -- very good pickup

Wow -- very good pickup

I think it's Kleck's second game here. First game was Doggins bastard mod Red Scare game. The second I believe was JVOR's super hero game. I actually voted for him on a gag but his silence and lack of contribution have me weary as well.

I think it's Kleck's second game here. First game was Doggins bastard mod Red Scare game. The second I believe was JVOR's super hero game. I actually voted for him on a gag but his silence and lack of contribution have me weary as well.

Archived