JN Mafia - The Land of Fat and Happy

JustInFudge

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That nice. CTM gets AVM

But he doesn't actually vote...or hasn't.

But then there's this sttrange kinship?

So CTM is being constantly looked at as this outsider but seems very involved. A contradiction...Then to add to the confusion SMC chimes in...

Don't know if this means anything. Maybe not but Kleck is quick to respond...

And then there's all this "Frankly stuff from Sherlock Vic and JVOR and slats playing it cool and keeping their distance.

LOL what this means I have not a freaking clue but I think it must mean something. Maybe I just don't feel like working today is all it means.

There are always posts sprinkled in that have absolutely nothing to do with the game. You can either take them at face value or try and assign meaning to them.

In the first game I played, Pac drove people crazy by spinning everything that was posted - especially stuff that was clearly meant as a joke.

When Pac is playing, everything in the game thread is game related because he is the most paranoid human on the planet.

That nice. CTM gets AVM

But he doesn't actually vote...or hasn't.

But then there's this sttrange kinship?

So CTM is being constantly looked at as this outsider but seems very involved. A contradiction...Then to add to the confusion SMC chimes in...

Don't know if this means anything. Maybe not but Kleck is quick to respond...

And then there's all this "Frankly stuff from Sherlock Vic and JVOR and slats playing it cool and keeping their distance.

LOL what this means I have not a freaking clue but I think it must mean something. Maybe I just don't feel like working today is all it means.

There are always posts sprinkled in that have absolutely nothing to do with the game. You can either take them at face value or try and assign meaning to them.

In the first game I played, Pac drove people crazy by spinning everything that was posted - especially stuff that was clearly meant as a joke.

When Pac is playing, everything in the game thread is game related because he is the most paranoid human on the planet.

So I'll play along. I feel bad because you'll just be lynching an innocent but you would be lynching the innocent the scum would least like to see lynched on day one so, I guess that's a good thing. It'll be really interesting to see who gets NKed on night one if I am lynched.

I would like to last a few days since this is really the first game I am playing without anyone's "help." It seems like it could be fun. But if I get lynched on Day 1 I doubt I'll play again.

I'm pretty much in an impossible situation slats. If I act "normal" I am suspicious because I am being too nice. If I act like my normal online persona, I am a douche who is reactionary and an easy target. If I don't post because I am too busy, I am suspicious because it looks like I am trying to lay low.

I am pretty much ****ed no matter how you slice it so why would I have anything but a defeatist attitude right now?

The old I'll take my toys and go home trick. Thats so last season Vic.

Dude you have 4 votes on you, not exactly impossible.

Kleck's reaction is far from a surprise and anyone who has played alot has certainly felt that awful feeling when your a townie getting lynched and you keep saying the wrong thing over and over. Reminds me of the crazy cop game where JVOR absolutely pimped me and Norway bought it lynched me and scum won.

Kleck. CTM is a very tuff call. he seems scummy no matter what his role and his ability to get people to lynch and innocent is equally effective whether he's scum or not.

So I'll play along. I feel bad because you'll just be lynching an innocent but you would be lynching the innocent the scum would least like to see lynched on day one so, I guess that's a good thing. It'll be really interesting to see who gets NKed on night one if I am lynched.

I would like to last a few days since this is really the first game I am playing without anyone's "help." It seems like it could be fun. But if I get lynched on Day 1 I doubt I'll play again.

I'm pretty much in an impossible situation slats. If I act "normal" I am suspicious because I am being too nice. If I act like my normal online persona, I am a douche who is reactionary and an easy target. If I don't post because I am too busy, I am suspicious because it looks like I am trying to lay low.

I am pretty much ****ed no matter how you slice it so why would I have anything but a defeatist attitude right now?

Kleck's reaction is far from a surprise and anyone who has played alot has certainly felt that awful feeling when your a townie getting lynched and you keep saying the wrong thing over and over. Reminds me of the crazy cop game where JVOR absolutely pimped me and Norway bought it lynched me and scum won.

Kleck. CTM is a very tuff call. he seems scummy no matter what his role and his ability to get people to lynch and innocent is equally effective whether he's scum or not.

You being so defensive has me leaning towards a certain way. What that is I would rather not say at this time.

You being so defensive has me leaning towards a certain way. What that is I would rather not say at this time.

And you were basing that on Pac's assertion that I was acting "out of character."

Re-read my post. I said you stuck out as having disappeared. Didn't mention ANYTHING about you being out of character, but asked if you had played before or if I should write you off for day 1 as well.

This seems to Vic-esq to me (no offense, Vic). I honestly feel like if he were a cop/doc he'd have claimed early as well. I'm gonna unvote, I agree with slats that it seems too set up, but keeping a FOS on Klecko. I also seem to remember EY pulling the I'll confuse everyone on the way out card, when he was cop. Isn't a very smart scum tactic, IMO.

Maybe its just because its the first game back in a long time, or maybe its the fact that there are a lot of volatile personalities in this game, but it just seems to me that there are seem to be a number of people trying WAY too hard to try to make definitive cases on day one. And there's a bunch of targets of this cases and on the first day, this always makes me weary. Either the mafia is effectively getting everyone so mixed up that there's no clear targets for submission or we're all just doing far too good of a job of it for them.

Kleck is the most recent guilty party of trying way to hard to make solid cases on day one (although now he seems to have adopted a "taking my ball and going home" attitude), but he's certainly not the only one. I have no interest in getting rid of him at this point anyway, because I hardly see him as a threat. No offense Kleck, but given how your day one has gone so far, you're not going to have a lot of influence over people and sooner or later you're going to get killed off, so at this point I don't consider you a particular threat.

There's a few other people that draw my interest, but this day one case-making is definitely setting off my scumdar. I'm going to take a look back to piece things together and then I'll get something out there in terms of a vote.

Where's BG in all this? I would think he would usually post more, especially knowing he's a seasoned vet. And if scum are supposed to lay low this draws red flags for me. He started out as the helpful hand.

He's probably helping a noob cross the street somewhere.

Maybe its just because its the first game back in a long time, or maybe its the fact that there are a lot of volatile personalities in this game, but it just seems to me that there are seem to be a number of people trying WAY too hard to try to make definitive cases on day one. And there's a bunch of targets of this cases and on the first day, this always makes me weary. Either the mafia is effectively getting everyone so mixed up that there's no clear targets for submission or we're all just doing far too good of a job of it for them.

Kleck is the most recent guilty party of trying way to hard to make solid cases on day one (although now he seems to have adopted a "taking my ball and going home" attitude), but he's certainly not the only one. I have no interest in getting rid of him at this point anyway, because I hardly see him as a threat. No offense Kleck, but given how your day one has gone so far, you're not going to have a lot of influence over people and sooner or later you're going to get killed off, so at this point I don't consider you a particular threat.

There's a few other people that draw my interest, but this day one case-making is definitely setting off my scumdar. I'm going to take a look back to piece things together and then I'll get something out there in terms of a vote.

A combination of new guys, paranoia, and multiple people stepping up are all leading to it

It's the not voting that bothers me. If he was innocent, why not just vote for me?

It seems like he is setting up his next move. Remember, CTM fancies himself as intelligent, the chess-player type. It would be just like him to be acting two or three moves ahead, thinking he's smarter than everyone else.

It's the not voting that bothers me. If he was innocent, why not just vote for me?

It seems like he is setting up his next move. Remember, CTM fancies himself as intelligent, the chess-player type. It would be just like him to be acting two or three moves ahead, thinking he's smarter than everyone else.

...or it could be that you're giving him way to much credit. :rim:

I agree with you 100% Kleck. My only point is CTM is like that no matter what his alignment.

For now Im going to unvote.

First off I voted Kleck as a joke but liked my vote more after he didn't do much yesterday. But him coming back screaming and pissing and moaning attacking Pac and CTM seems as normal as me asking for 4ths.

If this weren't your first game, I'd be voting for you right now. I'm giving you a wide berth because you're new and I think you're just being really enthusiastic, but all these cryptic posts come off as kinda scummy. These "maybe I know something," or "I'm thinking something, but don't have to tell you," posts aren't doing you or the town any favors.

The only thing you should really keep to yourself is if you have a clue as to who the town cop or doc is. If the scum hasn't figured them out, you don't want to help them. Day one is tough, a definite crapshoot. Some guys are good at sniffing things out early, but it always takes me a cycle or two to really get a grasp on things. If you have some scum theories, though, you should share them.

If this weren't your first game, I'd be voting for you right now. I'm giving you a wide berth because you're new and I think you're just being really enthusiastic, but all these cryptic posts come off as kinda scummy. These "maybe I know something," or "I'm thinking something, but don't have to tell you," posts aren't doing you or the town any favors.

The only thing you should really keep to yourself is if you have a clue as to who the town cop or doc is. If the scum hasn't figured them out, you don't want to help them. Day one is tough, a definite crapshoot. Some guys are good at sniffing things out early, but it always takes me a cycle or two to really get a grasp on things. If you have some scum theories, though, you should share them.

OK. I don't think Kleck is scum. As for the voting process don't hold back because I'm new. I'm not the type to go crying off into the sunset. Maybe I'll have to learn on my second game... if I'm even wanted back, lol. Whatever. Anyway I'm just having a little fun, if it's at my own expense so be it. Draw your own conclusions as you see fit.

:cheers:

Here's where the real nuance comes in. I am actually a good innocent to lynch on day one, which makes me less suspicious of Pac and more suspicious of CTM. Because of my boisterous and sometimes dickish online personality, I am an easy and obvious target. If I survive day one, there is no way the mafia night kills me as they want me alive to draw suspicion from themselves.

My biggeset question is that you say you had no time to post yet you were listed as a top poster all yesterday. That doesn't add up for me. What conclusion it draws I still haven't a clue but something smells fishy.

Whatever, don't listen to me. This is only my second game and in my first, EY and I were cheating and his instincts were terrible so I really didn't learn anything.

This is what confuses me...You make an excellent point about how the mafia would use you to draw suspicion away from themselves...makes me lean toward keeping you around. OTOH according to Hess, you posted plenty in other threads (not atypical for you on JN but it appears ur laying low in the game thread). Next, you admit to cheating in a previous game. Is this not scummy behavior?

Make me suspcious...not sure how to proceed...

OK. I don't think Kleck is scum. As for the voting process don't hold back because I'm new. I'm not the type to go crying off into the sunset. Maybe I'll have to learn on my second game... if I'm even wanted back, lol. Whatever. Anyway I'm just having a little fun, if it's at my own expense so be it. Draw your own conclusions as you see fit.

:cheers:

LOL. We've done some really stupid things during mafia, and no one has ever not been wanted back. The key for learning will be IF you go out early, make sure you keep watching along. You'll learn a tremendous amount

This is what confuses me...You make an excellent point about how the mafia would use you to draw suspicion away from themselves...makes me lean toward keeping you around. OTOH according to Hess, you posted plenty in other threads (not atypical for you on JN but it appears ur laying low in the game thread). Next, you admit to cheating in a previous game. Is this not scummy behavior?

Me neither. Kleck is/was obviously lying about work b/c he was obviously posting everywhere else. But all this crying has me thinking maybe he's innocent.

The tell tale sign for me is if people start to unvote him. That would make me think there's some kahoots going on.

Honestly, and this is just me, but I wouldn't call saying anything you did in a previous game as scummy. Especially admitting you cheated (which I dunno what the deal is with that?), as it DOES draw attention to you and brings an even sharper eye your way.

He's looking less and less scummy to me

Me neither. Kleck is/was obviously lying about work b/c he was obviously posting everywhere else. But all this crying has me thinking maybe he's innocent.

The tell tale sign for me is if people start to unvote him. That would make me think there's some kahoots going on.

I really wasn't. The top posters goas back 24 hours.

I posted a bunch on Monday and Tuesday but not so much yesterday.

LOL. We've done some really stupid things during mafia, and no one has ever not been wanted back. The key for learning will be IF you go out early, make sure you keep watching along. You'll learn a tremendous amount

That's a very solid point.

Anyways. As of right not all I can summarize is:

-Klecko is being Klecko, I don't think he's innocent but gotta side with BG in that I think he'll go down sooner than later.

-Hess is ALL OVER the place. If this were a more complex game I'd have him pegged for a miller, but I truly believe with the write up this is a straight-forward affair. He out of everyone seems to be playing the most confidently which makes me leary.

-IJ as I mentioned seems a tad fishy to me namely because of my own personal experience as scum. He's busy, fairly inactive, yet is trying to retain his spot. In my case if I had been a roleless townie when I had to go to Mexico I would've given my spot right up, but because I was scum, I tried staying in the game.

Everyone else seems to be playing their normal games to me. Day 1 is just a crapshoot.

Thanks AVM. It's just natural for me to get right into the thick of things and learn that way...hands on rather than just observe and watch.

Unless someone can confirm that Kleck posted a lot elsewhere?

I just checked. I posted 15 times total yesterday. 3 in this thread and a bunch in the Hard Knocks thread. Nine of them when I was on my lunch break.

I didn't post at all last night because I had no desire to look at a computer when I got home from work yesterday.

This game has definitly picked up. All it took was Kleck to flip his lid.

I agree on BG's point that the premature cases being made are troublesome. Day 1 is always a shot in the dark and any successful scum kills are chalked up to blind squirrels rather than deductive reasoning, even where a mafia flips out like Irish did in an old game and Ragu did at the other place.

I just checked. I posted 15 times total yesterday. 3 in this thread and a bunch in the Hard Knocks thread. Nine of them when I was on my lunch break.

I didn't post at all last night because I had no desire to look at a computer when I got home from work yesterday.

Ouch I don't think that really helps your cause.

I say when this is over you and I go get a burger and troll for biatches. Only a game chief. CTM can't come with us though...

Odds of succesful pac n' kleck turd female trolling = -2%.

However, bringing a long a club and/or a bucket of chloroform improves your odds to 4%.. Most simulations either have you either beating each other to death with the clubs, or inadvertently knocking yourselves out with the chloroform.

There seems to be no feasible way to create a favorable female trolling environment for you two assbags..

Honestly, and this is just me, but I wouldn't call saying anything you did in a previous game as scummy. Especially admitting you cheated (which I dunno what the deal is with that?), as it DOES draw attention to you and brings an even sharper eye your way.

He's looking less and less scummy to me

Ur probably right...but...this is only his second game and the first one he cheated so didn't really learn anything came across as an attempt to appear more naive than he really is...Kleck is usually more assertive with his opinions.

UNOFFICIAL VOTE COUNT

With 15 players, it takes 8 to lynch.

SMC (1) - Pac

Klecko (3) - JVoR, AVM, Pac

AVM (1) - Integrity

Bleedin (1) - CTM

Vicious (1) - Hess

Irish (1) - SMC

CTM (1) - Klecko

Archived