any body concerned that the pats have

ylekram

Some of you Jets fans crack me up. Lets look at 1st round picks for the Jets and Pats since 2000 (when BB started calling the shots in NE).

Jets: 13

Pats: 9

Jets: 4 picks in the top 6

Pats: 2 picks in the top 10

2001: Pats took Seymour at #6

2003: Jets take Robertson at #4

2006: Jets take DBrick at #4

2008: Jets take Gholston at #6

2008: Pats take Mayo at #10

The Jets have had a higher pick than the Pats in 7 of those drafts. When the Pats picked before the Jets they took:

Seymour in 2001, Daniel Graham in 2002 and Logan Mankins in 2005.

12 picks this year in what many say is a very deep draft?i heard that they have 4 picks in the top 40.i know they havnt drafted well recently,but if they can hit on 4 pics this year,they will be a much better team.i like the direction that the jets are headed,but the pats can do damage in this years draft.they have the ammo to get any player in the draft,if they so choose.could you imagine if tannenbaum had 12 picks?we would probably only end up with 3 players(lol)but i am sure they would be winners

Well, to be frank... I hadn't thought about it. Until now that is!!!

Holy ****. I don't know what the bageezuzz the Jets are going to do. I am going to do some quick research to find out if a team with 12 rookies starters has ever made the playoffs. Hold on. Okay I'm back. Nope.

And, Sanchez is nothing but a turnover machine game manager who wont have Thomas Jones around to hand the ball off to.

OMGZ you're right! Sanchez's efforts will be futile without T-Jones back there to run into the back of his linemen and fall down. And woe to us Jets fans, that Mark Sanchez just threw away those playoff games didn't he?

And, Sanchez is nothing but a turnover machine game manager who wont have Thomas Jones around to hand the ball off to.

Did you watch a Jets game after December 13th? (You know, when the Jets made their run) Thomas Jones could've stayed home and it wouldn't have mattered. It was ALL Defense, Mark Sanchez, and Shonn Greene.

A rookie qb who came out as a junior and only played 16 games in college threw some INT's. How dare he. It was a bad day for patsie fans when the Jets drafted Sanchez, no longer can they feast on bums like Pennington and Clemens, Sanchez is legit and they know and fear it.

He won't be able to turn around and hand the ball to Thomas Jones but even worse for the fans of the Cheaters is that he'll be able to turn around and hand it to an absolute beast in Shonn Greene.

The smell of fear is in the air.

You folks are in for a reality check this year. Just watch. :lol:

I was actually waiting for the reality check last year, after the Jets started losing. The one that Pats fans kept telling me was coming.

It didn't come until the AFCC, when a Patriots Super Bowl was a laughable unreality.

Speaking of reality checks, 2004 is calling and it wants it's arrogance back.

Did you watch a Jets game after December 13th? (You know, when the Jets made their run) Thomas Jones could've stayed home and it wouldn't have mattered. It was ALL Defense, Mark Sanchez, and Shonn Greene.

You must have missed the game where Jones had 100 yds + and a TD. http://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/200912270clt.htm and 78 yards 2 TDs the next.

The Pats suck in the draft :rolleyes:

Offense:

QB: Tom Brady

T: Matt Light

T: Nick Kaczur

T: Sebastian Vollmer

G: Logan Mankins

G: Stephen Neal (UDFA)

C: Dan Koppen

RB: Laurence Maroney

RB: Kevin Faulk

WR: Julian Edelman

5 of the 6 starting offensive linemen were drafted, as were the QB and 2 running backs.

Wes Welker & Randy Moss were acquired in trades for draft picks.

Defense:

DE: Ty Warren

DT: Myron Pryor

DT: Ron Brace

DT: Mike Wright (UDFA)

NG: Vince Wilfork

LB: Jerod Mayo

LB: Eric Alexander (UDFA)

LB: Gary Guyton (UDFA)

LB: Tully Banta-Cain

S: Brandon Meriweather

S: Patrick Chung

S: James Sanders

CB: Terrence Wheatley

CB: Jonathan Wilhite

CB: Darius Butler

The Pats suck in the draft :rolleyes:

Offense:

QB: Tom Brady

T: Matt Light

T: Nick Kaczur

T: Sebastian Vollmer

G: Logan Mankins

G: Stephen Neal (UDFA)

C: Dan Koppen

RB: Laurence Maroney

RB: Kevin Faulk

WR: Julian Edelman

5 of the 6 starting offensive linemen were drafted, as were the QB and 2 running backs.

Wes Welker & Randy Moss were acquired in trades for draft picks.

Defense:

DE: Ty Warren

DT: Myron Pryor

DT: Ron Brace

DT: Mike Wright (UDFA)

NG: Vince Wilfork

LB: Jerod Mayo

LB: Eric Alexander (UDFA)

LB: Gary Guyton (UDFA)

LB: Tully Banta-Cain

S: Brandon Meriweather

S: Patrick Chung

S: James Sanders

CB: Terrence Wheatley

CB: Jonathan Wilhite

CB: Darius Butler

All those in red BLOW, thanks for Playing

The bottom line is that defenses lined up and tried to stop Thomas Jones. Not Marc Sanchez. :lol:

This season Sanchez will be screwed without Jones.

I still don't understand this. Did Jones take the entire offensive line with him to KC? When did TJ become Jim ****ing Brown?

The bottom line is that defenses lined up and tried to stop Thomas Jones. Not Marc Sanchez. :lol:

If defenses did that, they're morons. It doesn't take much to stop Jones. Until the 4th quarter (and sometimes even then), Jones was basically worthless. He only took what our outstanding O-Line (3 pro bowlers) gave him.

Last I checked, those guys are still here, and the guy who had the 2nd most rushing yards in his first 2 playoff games in NFL history (Greene), is back too.

If that had happened we would be talking about defending our Super Bowl Championship in 2010.

Archived