So the Yankees dont have to face Halladay and Burnett anymore

Matt39

Yes, I know Burnett pitched for the Yanks last year. But combined, thats probably another 10 division wins right there.

Sure, but the Sox are on the same end too as far as Halladay. Halladay killed the Sox. Haven't looked but I wonder how good Lackey has been against the Yanks.

Sure, but the Sox are on the same end too as far as Halladay. Halladay killed the Sox. Haven't looked but I wonder how good Lackey has been against the Yanks.

Lackey's 5-7 with a 4.66 ERA in his career against the Yankees.

I don't see why it would be a mistake to not worry about a team whose time has come and gone and is now destined for a string of 3rd place finishes.

The Rays clearly have superior talent to the Sox here in '10

Keep thinking that way. The Sox have the best 1-3 as far as rotation is concerned in baseball. The offense will produce enough. Sleep on the Sox. I dare you.

I don't see why it would be a mistake to not worry about a team whose time has come and gone and is now destined for a string of 3rd place finishes.

The Rays clearly have superior talent to the Sox here in '10

Sorry, but this is just moronic.

Keep thinking that way. The Sox have the best 1-3 as far as rotation is concerned in baseball. The offense will produce enough. Sleep on the Sox. I dare you.

Not only are you incorrect on your 1-3 claim, but wouldn't your 1-5 be a far more important indicator of success over the course of a full season?

Good luck scoring runs with Big Popup being another year older and removed from his roid days, no Jason Bay to carry you with his hot streaks, a light hitting outfield, shortstop, third baseman. Add that to a suspect bullpen and you've got trouble.

Meanwhile, the Rays have BJ Upton and Burrell back healthy this time around, a dominant bullpen, a strong starting staff and a great manager. They should easily bounce back to 2008 form. They're bigger, faster, and far more athletic than Boston.

1) Yankees

2) Rays

3) Red Sux

Not only are you incorrect on your 1-3 claim, but wouldn't your 1-5 be a far more important indicator of success over the course of a full season?

Good luck scoring runs with Big Popup being another year older and removed from his roid days, no Jason Bay to carry you with his hot streaks, a light hitting outfield, shortstop, third baseman. Add that to a suspect bullpen and you've got trouble.

Meanwhile, the Rays have BJ Upton and Burrell back healthy this time around, a dominant bullpen, a strong starting staff and a great manager. They should easily bounce back to 2008 form. They're bigger, faster, and far more athletic than Boston.

1) Yankees

2) Rays

3) Red Sux

The Sox lost Bay. Not the end of the world. The offense will be just fine. And they're in position to add a bat if they need to come midseason. They are much better defensively this season and their rotation is one of the best in the league. And that's not just me saying that, it's professional baseball writers. Please name me a better 1-3. Instead of just saying I'm wrong. The Sox bullpen is far from suspect. Okajima, Bard and Paps at the back end are more than formidable.

I like how the Rays get a free pass because they're "healthy" and should "bounce back." That's easier said than done. Just go on hating. Doesn't matter to me bud. You'll be proven wrong.

Hey CC, isn't it about time you are proven right?

C'mon dude, even you have to admit that you have a dark cloud that hovers over your head

FWIW

1. Rays

2. Sawx

3. Yanks

Losing Matsui and Damon will be far too much to overcome

C'mon dude, even you have to admit that you have a dark cloud that hovers over your head

FWIW

1. Rays

2. Sawx

3. Yanks

I think the Sox might struggle offensively but the defensive improvements and rotation will be enough to overcome that. The Sox have lots of flexibility to add a power bat. We'll see what happens.

I think the Yanks will probably take the East again, but they are getting old and this year or next you could see it being a major transition, at least offensively.

I think the Sox might struggle offensively but the defensive improvements and rotation will be enough to overcome that. The Sox have lots of flexibility to add a power bat. We'll see what happens.

I think the Yanks will probably take the East again, but they are getting old and this year or next you could see it being a major transition, at least offensively.

What I like about the Yankees is the back of the rotation (when compared to last year). Joba should fill in nicely for Hughes in the 8th. And I really like the Vasquez\Hughes combo in the 4 and 5 rotation spots. I think that is going to be a huge improvement.

The Yankees won by 8 games last season. If Mo stays healthy again, I see no reason why they shouldn't be in strong position to repeat.

FWIW

1. Rays

2. Sawx

3. Yanks

Oh, how will the Yankees ever survive with only Derek Jeter, Mark Teixeira, Alex Rodriguez, Robinson Cano, Jorge Posada, Curtis Granderson, among others in their lineup? :rolleyes:

What I like about the Yankees is the back of the rotation (when compared to last year). Joba should fill in nicely for Hughes in the 8th. And I really like the Vasquez\Hughes combo in the 4 and 5 rotation spots. I think that is going to be a huge improvement.

The Yankees won by 8 games last season. If Mo stays healthy again, I see no reason why they shouldn't be in strong position to repeat.

The Sox have a strong back end of the rotation too. As long as Wakes stays healthy. Dice0K is a wild card but he's not in the rotation right now. Buchholz is and he showed some great stuff in September. I don't like Vazquez/Hughes as much as you do. Javy was awful in the AL and Hughes hasn't shown much as a starter.

Like I said, the Yankees will probably take the AL East again. Discounting the Red Sox is just silly.

The Sox have a strong back end of the rotation too. As long as Wakes stays healthy. Dice0K is a wild card but he's not in the rotation right now. Buchholz is and he showed some great stuff in September. I don't like Vazquez/Hughes as much as you do. Javy was awful in the AL and Hughes hasn't shown much as a starter.

Like I said, the Yankees will probably take the AL East again. Discounting the Red Sox is just silly.

Meh, except for a couple of blips on the radar, Sox don't really scare me. The Rays bother me more as a Yankees fan. We'll have to revisit this thread down the road.

Vazquez is awful in the AL? Like when he started the all-star game? I don't expect Vazquez to put up the numbers that he did in Atlanta last year, but I'd say he's an upgrade over Meat Tray. 4.52 with a winning record isn't horrible. It's pretty damn good for a #4 starter.

These Boston fans, I actually feel bad a little for them. Their time has clearly come and gone and everyone can see it but them.

Buckle in Boston, you're in for another 80-something year gap. Might be better for your head if you just start accepting it now. It's over. Your cute little window of success has closed. 2 championships. That's so cute.

Don't discount Beltre...I think he's a 30-100 guy at Fenway

Still enough there, just don't like their OF too much....Camereon sucks, and JD Drew is hit or miss

Ortiz will be huge for them this year.....If he is roid-done, then the Sawx will have to make a move

Archived