Grandpa Favre?

Bugg

He's not my least favorite former QB. He gave us some thrills, the wheels came off at the end of the season, they decided to bring in a new coach and rebuild the team so he moved on. With the limited time left in his career I don't blame him a bit.

Favre's 21-year-old daughter had a kid. How does that make him a bad parent?
While it's not the end of the world, if your daughter has a baby out of wedlock you have failed as a parent. Not as bad as working the pole, and can be recovered from but a failure nontheless.Like her mom and dad, stoppong by the drugstore on Saturday night wasn't a priority.

While it's not the end of the world, if your daughter has a baby out of wedlock you have failed as a parent. Not as bad as working the pole, and can be recovered from but a failure nontheless.Like her mom and dad, stoppong by the drugstore on Saturday night wasn't a priority.

Not really.

It all depends on the situation. His daughter might be a lesbian and not legally allowed to wed. She may be in a committed relationship but not believe in marriage.

Just because you have a definition of what is "normal" in your mind doesn't mean that everyone lives by that same definition.

Brett Favre's daughter is an adult.

In general, 21 year olds have no business having kids. I am sure many know of exceptions, but I don't think you are jumping to conclusions by inferring that 21 is too young to be financially and emotionally prepared for raising children.

My mother was 21 when she had my sister. Granted she was married and not some dirty trollop like Brett Favre's daughter, but she was only 21.

My mother was 21 when she had my sister. Granted she was married and not some dirty trollop like Brett Favre's daughter, but she was only 21.

How many years ago? Back then it was possible to get a decent job without a college degree. Nowadays, if you want to try and start a family that young, you are doing it on a Subway salary....and I'm not talking about the train.

How many years ago? Back then it was possible to get a decent job without a college degree. Nowadays, if you want to try and start a family that young, you are doing it on a Subway salary....and I'm not talking about the train.

Yeah.

I'm very concerned for Brett Favre's daughter's financial future.

Thanks for proving Bugg's point.

I am kidding, lol. Just kidding.

Yeah.

I'm very concerned for Brett Favre's daughter's financial future.

Exactly.

Brett Favre's daughter will ALWAYS have all the money she needs to help raise her daughter. She can have nannies, and psychologists and whatever else she wants. And her daughters kids can have the same thing.

Favre easily has over $200 million from contracts, playoff wins (they = more money), jersey sales, endorsements, etc.

Holy conservative Batman!

Have you failed if your son has baby out of wedlock too? If thats the case guess my parents are failures. I'll let them know that even though they've been married for 50 years, raised 4 healthy, happy and successful children in a close tight nit family, that they were failures as parents because my brother had their only granddaughter out of wedlock at 21 years old.

No offense, but that's dumb. Aggressivly dumb.

This blame the parents nonsense that's become so fashionable lately is dumbfounded.

When I was very young, having a baby out of wedlock was indeed considered a great shame to the family, hence the shotgun wedding to "legitimize" the baby.

Attitudes have changed, and people don't point fingers the way they used to, just as people don't flip when they hear their college age daughter is going on a trip with her boyfriend. Still, some of the stigma remains for an out-of-wedlock birth among some people, unless the couple have been living together for a few years-and sometimes not even then.

Holy conservative Batman!

+1

No offense, but that's dumb. Aggressivly dumb.

This blame the parents nonsense that's become so fashionable lately is dumbfounded.

+1

Have you failed if your son has baby out of wedlock too? If thats the case guess my parents are failures. I'll let them know that even though they've been married for 50 years, raised 4 healthy, happy and successful children in a close tight nit family, that they were failures as parents because my brother had their only granddaughter out of wedlock at 21 years old.

+100

Archived