Pace | Our goal next season is to keep opponents under 200 total yds

rick34125

http://www.newyorkjets.com/news/multimedia/

Nice interview with Calvin Pace on Jets TV.

He says the next step for the #1 rated defense will be to finish games (they blew a couple last year) and hold opponents to under 200 total yards/g. I think this will be a great challenge.

He's totally lovin' Rex and the defense and likes the new additions of Bro and Cro.

He believes the Jets are making a run for the Superbowl this season.

When I hear interviews like this I can't believe there will be any chemistry problems with this team. Pace echoes the sentiments of the other players I believe.

As long as the Jets don't blow a game to the lowly Bills, like they did last season, they will be alright. I think they can take care of the Pats and Fins OK.

Division title in 2010. But they have to win enough games to try to secure HFA in the playoffs. So they need to have a better record than Indy. If that happens, Joe Willie could be saying "After 42 years, it's finally here."

Either way it's a good vid. I think hearing him acknowledge the fact that the D collapsed and gave up winning drives at the end of games is a good thing. Hopefully they are not buying into the hype and know they have a lot to improve upon.

He says the next step for the #1 rated defense will be to finish games (they blew a couple last year) and hold opponents to under 200 total yards/g. I think this will be a great challenge.

He's totally lovin' Rex and the defense and likes the new additions of Bro and Cro.

When I hear interviews like this I can't believe there will be any chemistry problems with this team. Pace echoes the sentiments of the other players I believe.

what a dolt! the goal should be zero points. who cares about yards? you could give up 200 yards and 24 points.

what a dolt! the goal should be zero points. who cares about yards? you could give up 200 yards and 24 points.

last year the defense had the goal to keep teams under 14 pts/g. that hasn't changed.

when asked what the defense can do to improve this year, Pace answered to keep teams under 200 total yds/g. it's an additional goal not the only goal. limiting teams to under 200 yds/g is a mark of a dominant defense.

btw, it will be quite a challenge considering the number of good offensive teams they will be playing this season.

Either way it's a good vid. I think hearing him acknowledge the fact that the D collapsed and gave up winning drives at the end of games is a good thing. Hopefully they are not buying into the hype and know they have a lot to improve upon.

Yeah. That was our achilles heal. And it happened again in the AFCC.

Im not worried about the hype. I think Rex has there head in the right spot. Mainly because you hear the players talk about how they love the system and love playing for Rex. He's always talking about getting better and learn from mistakes. We started to see it toward the end of the season. That to me is the sign of a great coach. Players love this guy, the mentality and atmosphere it creates.

This team has an idenity, character and passion. Something I havent been able to say about the Jets in years.

Yeah. That was our achilles heal. And it happened again in the AFCC.

Im not worried about the hype. I think Rex has there head in the right spot. Mainly because you hear the players talk about how they love the system and love playing for Rex. He's always talking about getting better and learn from mistakes. We started to see it toward the end of the season. That to me is the sign of a great coach. Players love this guy, the mentality and atmosphere it creates.

This team has an idenity, character and passion. Something I havent been able to say about the Jets in years.

Agreed. It's wonderful to finally have something to call Jets football.

last year the defense had the goal to keep teams under 14 pts/g. that hasn't changed.

when asked what the defense can do to improve this year, Pace answered to keep teams under 200 total yds/g. it's an additional goal not the only goal. limiting teams to under 200 yds/g is a mark of a dominant defense.

btw, it will be quite a challenge considering the number of good offensive teams they will be playing this season.

True enough, but my point was to stop focusing on stats and focus on competing and winning

Let's hope so. IMO chemistry is a huge part of a teams success.

Archived