Damn, Cano is turning into a superstar before our eyes

Matt39

He's as talented as anyone in the league save for Pujols and A-Rod. Sick defender too.

Joe Morgan (yeah, I know he's bad) said he's got the best throw from 2nd to 1st on double plays that he's ever seen.

He's been the best player on the team so far this season.

He has always had the ability to be the best defensive second baseman in the league, but sometimes he gets a little lazy in the field. Hopefully his early success at the plate will keep him focused in the field.

• 2 weeks later...
That midget Pedroia can't sniff Cano's jock.

He had one great year (MVP) and now he's mediocre.

:rl: @ a full grown man being 5'6". My 11 year old nephew is 5'6"

This entire post is a joke. Cano has had a good April. Good for him. Let's see if he'll continue it at this pace. He's still a minor player on that team.

And that 5'6'' man has more money and talent than most of anyone can dream of. Get real.

This entire post is a joke. Cano has had a good April. Good for him. Let's see if he'll continue it at this pace. He's still a minor player on that team.

And that 5'6'' man has more money and talent than most of anyone can dream of. Get real.

:face:

Pedroia has been mediocre since his MVP season. Pedroia isnt the only MLB'er with money so that argument is null and void, they're all effin paid.:rolleyes: Cano is a minor player? Really? That just killed your entire argument. Ask anyone of the experts, they'd take Cano over Pedroia's liliputian ass in a heartbeat. How's Dustin doing so far this April?

Minor player...what an effin joke. Go away, you and your crappy team.

So you don't think the Yankees would survive without Cano? If they replaced him witha JAG at 2nd Base they'd still be a great team. That is what I meant by minor player.

And last I checked the experts were split about who'd they take. Cano is coming into his own and has a chance at being a really good ball player, but that's no reason to insult Pedroia, especially since he's the more accomplished of the two. It's classless, but I've come to expect that from Yankee fans.

So you don't think the Yankees would survive without Cano? If they replaced him witha JAG at 2nd Base they'd still be a great team. That is what I meant by minor player.

And last I checked the experts were split about who'd they take. Cano is coming into his own and has a chance at being a really good ball player, but that's no reason to insult Pedroia, especially since he's the more accomplished of the two. It's classless, but I've come to expect that from Yankee fans.

No they would not. Robinson Cano is a key cog in arguably one of the best in fields of all time. Dustin Pedroia is a 2nd baseman for a crappy Redsox team struggling to stay afloat with their plethora of "defense" and lack of offense.

Pedroia's only accomplishment that is better than Cano's is his MVP trophy, they have the same # of WS rings-- which is all that matters when its all said and done. Hell, if Robby continues to blaze it up like he's done so far he'll have one of those MVP trophies too.

No they would not. Robinson Cano is a key cog in arguably one of the best in fields of all time. Dustin Pedroia is a 2nd baseman for a crappy Redsox team struggling to stay afloat with their plethora of "defense" and lack of offense.

Pedroia's only accomplishment that is better than Cano's is his MVP trophy, they have the same # of WS rings-- which is all that matters when its all said and done.

Tex, CC, Jeter, Posada, Mariano, Pettitte, A-Rod. Those are key cogs.

You're well within your right to celebrate your player, but it is childish and ridiculous to do that and try to take another player down a peg.

You're a Yankee fan so obviosuly you'd take Cano, but I'll still take Pedroia who I know is going to give it his all every single game.

You're well within your right to celebrate your player, but it is childish and ridiculous to do that and try to take another player down a peg.

You're a Yankee fan so obviosuly you'd take Cano, but I'll still take Pedroia who I know is going to give it his all every single game.

:D

Childish and ridiculous? You mean like claiming Cano is a minor player? Sure they would survive without him. They could replace A-Rod with a JAG and they'd probably be fine. They did just that with Damon and Matsui and I don't see any problems. Doesn't make them "minor players".

Childish and ridiculous? You mean like claiming Cano is a minor player? Sure they would survive without him. They could replace A-Rod with a JAG and they'd probably be fine. They did just that with Damon and Matsui and I don't see any problems. Doesn't make them "minor players".

Wrong. They don't win the WS without A-Rod last season and he makes their entire line-up a whole lot less threatening.

So Granderson and Gardener are JAGs? Interesting.

Wrong. They don't win the WS without A-Rod last season and he makes their entire line-up a whole lot less threatening.

So Granderson and Gardener are JAGs? Interesting.

Gardener is the ****ing definition of JAG and I can 100% guarantee you that whatever body the Yankees get will be a step up from what you consider a JAG. The Yankee lineup is always stacked, but calling Cano a "minor player" is an absolute joke and it's doing exactly what you are complaining about, trying to "take him down a peg". You keep Pedroia, I'll keep Cano. That's fine with me.

No.

Exhibit A: Scott Brosius

Exhibit B: Charlie Hayes

I'm not saying Cano is better than A-Rod, I am saying that the Yankees can replace anybody and still win. It's not proof they are a "minor player".

ARod is slightly better than Charlie Hayes or Scott Brosius.

We're talking about the guy everyone thinks will break Bonds' HR record here...someone who was considered a HOF player as early as age 30...

ARod is slightly better than Charlie Hayes or Scott Brosius.

We're talking about the guy everyone thinks will break Bonds' HR record here...someone who was considered a HOF player as early as age 30...

Um....dude, that's my point.

A-Rod is an all-time great but he is far from a necessity for the Yankees to win the series. A-Rod is not a minor player and neither is Cano.

Archived