Found this article on JI, found it very interesting-

Thor99

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748703709804575202490600976492.html?KEYWORDS=jets

New York Football's Odd Couple

Trapped in a Forced Marriage, Jets and Giants Squabble Over Stadium Details; the Cost of Toilets

By MATTHEW FUTTERMAN And ADITI KINKHABWALA

At the new football stadium in the Meadowlands, the tinted signs that delineate seating areas have been wired to glow green when the Jets play and blue when the Giants do.

The locker rooms are identical in size

That was a good read, thanks for posting that Thor.

The Giants definitely come off as being aligned with the fans when it comes to the PSLs, that isn't news.

Definitely happy with the look of the new stadium though. They really seem to have gotten that right. I really hope they sell the naming rights though so it can be referred to by the name (and not Meadowlands or Giants Stadium).

The Giants and Mara owner's are old school- The Jets are the younger kids on the block - more aggressive taking chances to improve.

New Meadowlands is how this stadium is being called for now.

The Giants sound like Aholes.

Who gives a crap if a green banner is hanging outside the stadium when the Jets played back to back home games?

Locking NYG fans out of the $hit houses. Too funny.

To be honest, the only way I could put myself in their shoes is this.

Say Mets played at Yankees stadium when the Yanks were on the road, I for damn sure wouldnt want Mets logos hanging over Yankees ones.

Poor comparison, but I think you get the point.

Fact is this, Giants lose a lot of ground with this stadium and with the current state of the headline grabbing Jets it couldnt have come at a better time. Its like icing on the cake.

I'm almost looking forward to watching the Jets first blowout loss at the new place on TV(okay not really but you get where im going with this). No longer will we be reminded that we play at Giants Stadium as the Red and Blue seats begin to show as the stadium empties, that was the worst after watching the Jets get their ass kicked.

So...if the Giants got their way...there would have been no PSLs? Woody pushed the PSLs and then got mad when the Maras apologised to their fans for displacing their loyal ticket holders? He sold a spin, pushing the rediculous idea that tens of thousands of dollars in extra expense was an "opportunity" for season ticket holders...anybody feel thankful for the Opportunity? Anyone? Looks like the Maras have more loyalty and sympathy for their fans if u ask me. On the other side of the coin, when i stepped into the luxurious giants draft day party in my Klecko jersey after wandering away from the cafeteria full of folding chairs where the Jets party was held, I met with an icy stare and a very nasty "excuse me, what are you doing in here...this is definately a Giants event" by some bitch in black stockings. Rude. I just wanted to look around and see what my 15K in PSL money was paying for. Instead I got tossed out by some dried up Gints hag who looked down her nose at me like I was wearing a coat made of human skin. Effing Giants. They had free food in there too.

First time for everything.

I hate the idea of sharing a stadium. I would not want the mets doing it. It is just dumb. As long as they are both in the same stadium, the giants former preeminence will linger. Woody should have gone to Queens.

I hate the idea of sharing a stadium. I would not want the mets doing it. It is just dumb. As long as they are both in the same stadium, the giants former preeminence will linger. Woody should have gone to Queens.
I agree, too bad the devil James Dolan put the kibosh on the west side stadium!

To be honest, the only way I could put myself in their shoes is this.

Say Mets played at Yankees stadium when the Yanks were on the road, I for damn sure wouldnt want Mets logos hanging over Yankees ones.

Poor comparison, but I think you get the point.

I do, but the Jets were paying a lease and I would assume sharing costs for stadium up keep and so forth. The Giants may have built the place, but it was the Jets home as well per agreement.

I dont see any harm done with a temporary banner if the Giants had 2 games on the road and Jets 2 at home.

To me its petty BS.

Its my belief that the only reason why the teams are sharing stadiums in the first place is that space is limited in the NYC area to build another stadium.

They should have gone to Queens and built a dome with a retractable roof.

They should have gone to Queens and built a dome with a retractable roof.

Absolutely. The Jets belong in New York, and probably Queens more than Manhattan though the latter would be quite acceptable. And a retractable dome would open up all kinds of income possibilities that do not exist now with nothing but open air stadiums in the area-not to mention SuperBowls.

Absolutely. The Jets belong in New York, and probably Queens more than Manhattan though the latter would be quite acceptable. And a retractable dome would open up all kinds of income possibilities that do not exist now with nothing but open air stadiums in the area-not to mention SuperBowls.
Yup they would have been better off building next to Citi field.

Woody so wants to be like George Steinbrenner. he cant stand being just another rich guy. this shows the Giants at least care about their fans..lmao at that dumb mother ****er Woody.

Bulls&&t, if the giants cared so much about the fans and were against psls then they wouldn't have sold them. This is a load of crap. The maras were just so concerned with how they looked that they blamed the jets for it all. They had a choice.

Woody so wants to be like George Steinbrenner. he cant stand being just another rich guy. this shows the Giants at least care about their fans..lmao at that dumb mother ****er Woody.

I disagree a bit. This article showed that Woody is fighting for the best for the team. In part, that's for the fans.

Thanks for stopping by.

Archived