Johnson won

F.Chowds

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hadnt been following,,I didnt realize the Jets PSLs were SO MUCH more trhan what Giants were charging..

What was reasoning for that??

Only way out is too reduce PSL costs and rebate money to those who already purchased..

I hadnt been following,,I didnt realize the Jets PSLs were SO MUCH more trhan what Giants were charging..

What was reasoning for that??

Only way out is too reduce PSL costs and rebate money to those who already purchased..

The Jets -upper bowl seats they decided not to charge any PSL unlike the Giants 1,000 charge so everyone else anties up for that.

Why should he?

I hope they get blacked out so that the "real" fans who sit on their asses at home can bitch and moan while I enjoy the win in person.

F the people who refuse to pony up the cash. F 'em.

Its one thing if you can't afford it, its another thing if you just won't do it.

The Jets -upper bowl seats they decided not to charge any PSL unlike the Giants 1,000 charge so everyone else anties up for that.

ya, but 1K is pocket change and I assume virtually everyone would have paid that,,it also seems the other PSLs in lower bowl are cheaper for Giants..

Why should he?

I hope they get blacked out so that the "real" fans who sit on their asses at home can bitch and moan while I enjoy the win in person.

Its one thing if you can't afford it, its another thing if you just won't do it.

Easy for you to say, Joe. You have no mortgage, family, car loans, etc.

Easy for you to say, Joe. You have no mortgage, family, car loans, etc.

I was gonna say this, but I'm in the same boat Joe is and felt it would mean more coming from someone that does have to pay for all those things.

Why should he?

I know you are not going to understand this Joe but some people have principles

This should come as no surprise -- and yes Woody in the end you will panic and sell at cheaper cost and on a game by game basis. IDIOT

True. or he'll put some on sale the week before the game at a premium and donate what ever he cannot sell to charities and churches.

Alo there's no way for anyone to black out the Red Zone channel. DOn't know what Sunday Ticket's status is as to blackouts, but only DTV has it anyway.

I actually got a call last night, and I entertained it for a few minutes and heard the sales rep out. I just can't justify committing to a full season again. If I was to resell any of my games last year, I would have had to sell them for a loss.

For now I'll be the guy buying them on the secondary market, for more than likely cheaper than face. And if the Jets are on a role, or there's a big game with playoff implications on the line where secondary prices soar, the value of the game will be higher than face in my mind anyway and I'll pony up the money.

The only pro I can see in season tickets is knowing you're going to every game and being able to plan ahead. I can definitely see myself getting hammered Saturday night and just saying F' it and sleep in instead of getting up and scalping at the stadium.

True. or he'll put some on sale the week before the game at a premium and donate what ever he cannot sell to charities and churches.

Alo there's no way for anyone to black out the Red Zone channel. DOn't know what Sunday Ticket's status is as to blackouts, but only DTV has it anyway.

Read the fine print buddy... Blackout rules apply for all DTV sports packages. Also, the 1st game is a Monday Night Game, so I dont think the Sunday package would help you much there.

Why should he?

The seats that aren't being sold were never designed to go to "real" fans. They are designed to be sold to corporations.

At the end of the day if enough New York companies decide to say no and the Jets actually do black out games, it will be a sign that NFL revenue has peeked and the real fan may actually have a shot to get back in the game down the road.

Nothing would be better for the real fan if the NFL NYC franchises blacked out games and the networks lost that advertising revenue. The snowball down in revenue would ultimately make the NFL affordable again.

As I said, ITS ONE THING IF YOU CANT AFFORD IT, its another if you can and you choose not to.

People can afford it, its just not reasonable. Some people would rather save that extra money, and maybe buy Jbro Jr. a car when he turns 17.

The seats that aren't being sold were never designed to go to "real" fans. They are designed to be sold to corporations.

At the end of the day if enough New York companies decide to say no and the Jets actually do black out games, it will be a sign that NFL revenue has peeked and the real fan may actually have a shot to get back in the game down the road.

Nothing would be better for the real fan if the NFL NYC franchises blacked out games and the networks lost that advertising revenue. The snowball down in revenue would ultimately make the NFL affordable again.

+1

And there is NO WAY in HELL that Johnson and co., after all these offseason moves, and doing all these PSL promotions, with all the pushing to get out of Giants Stadium, will risk the PR nightmare that would result from the JETS 1st game ever in a stadium that was largely his doing, be blacked out. Especially considering its a nationally televised, prime-time game. He lets that game get blacked out, and whatever fans that were on the fence about buying a PSL beforehand, will turn away in droves.

And its starting to look like after all the headline-grabbing and promotion BS the JETS have done this offseason (Hard Knocks, trades, etc)... The Giants will be having the good, hard, last laugh in the whole "NY'S Football Team" drama.

I actually got a call last night, and I entertained it for a few minutes and heard the sales rep out. I just can't justify committing to a full season again. If I was to resell any of my games last year, I would have had to sell them for a loss.

That's the point of PSL's. Once you fork over $10-20k the Jets know you'll renew your season tickets every year. By getting you to pay that much up front they pretty much guarantee those seats will be sold for the next decade.

+1

And there is NO WAY in HELL that Johnson and co., after all these offseason moves, and doing all these PSL promotions, with all the pushing to get out of Giants Stadium, will risk the PR nightmare that would result from the JETS 1st game ever in a stadium that was largely his doing, be blacked out. Especially considering its a nationally televised, prime-time game. He lets that game get blacked out, and whatever fans that were on the fence about buying a PSL beforehand, will turn away in droves.

And its starting to look like after all the headline-grabbing and promotion BS the JETS have done this offseason (Hard Knocks, trades, etc)... The Giants will be having the good, hard, last laugh in the whole "NY'S Football Team" drama.

Using Hard Knocks I'm fine with.

But the people complaining about trades that make this team better as just a marketing ploy to sell PSL's is ridiculous. Winning is the only way to sell tickets.

So sick of the "Waaah, The Jets are making themselves better to sell tickets" complaint.

What would you people rather? A mediocre football team that plays in somebody elses stadium?

That's the point of PSL's. Once you fork over $10-20k the Jets know you'll renew your season tickets every year. By getting you to pay that much up front they pretty much guarantee those seats will be sold for the next decade.

Oh I know, but they'll always be a secondary market.

Using Hard Knocks I'm fine with.

But the people complaining about trades that make this team better as just a marketing ploy to sell PSL's is ridiculous. Winning is the only way to sell tickets.

So sick of the "Waaah, The Jets are making themselves better to sell tickets" complaint.

What would you people rather? A mediocre football team that plays in somebody elses stadium?

Who's complaining that the Jets are making themselves better to sell tickets? If the Jets can make the team attractive enough that Metro area companies will be willing to fork over PSL and lock into season tickets because they think their clients will love the action more power to them.

On the other hand if the reality is the market won't bear the price the Jets have put on the tickets, it seems both counterproductive and petty if the Jets decide to screw over their fan base by blacking out their games to their fan base while letting the rest of the country see them.

If the fan who occassionaly goes to a game or the former fan who forked over for season tickets decides to scale back, it almost makes sense for those fans to get direct TV and root for a team out of their local market.

Who's complaining that the Jets are making themselves better to sell tickets? If the Jets can make the team attractive enough that Metro area companies will be willing to fork over PSL and lock into season tickets because they think their clients will love the action more power to them.

On the other hand if the reality is the market won't bear the price the Jets have put on the tickets, it seems both counterproductive and petty if the Jets decide to screw over their fan base by blacking out their games to their fan base while letting the rest of the country see them.

If the fan who occassionaly goes to a game or the former fan who forked over for season tickets decides to scale back, it almost makes sense for those fans to get direct TV and root for a team out of their local market.

Every single move that we made since Favre, there are people that always say - Oh Woody's just making these moves to sell PSL's.

Now I hear the Jets are selling these PSls in blocks of 3..The idea is they are going to allow someone with 3 consecutive seats to set up a 'mini kiosk' at seat to sell goods.

So far many Indians have bought them and we will be seeing mini 7-Elevens in stadium seating area. Woody also said many Chinese have bought and we will be seeing 'on-site show repair' during games in these 'kiosk seats'.

ya, but 1K is pocket change and I assume virtually everyone would have paid that,,it also seems the other PSLs in lower bowl are cheaper for Giants..

The Jets did it as a goodwill gesture to the fans and to hope to keep the complaining to a minimum. I think the overall prices are pretty comparable for both teams. I think the Jets really hurt themselves with their marketing campaign with the PSLs. The idea that these were an investment really rubbed people the wrong way. The Giants never tried to lie to the fans in that manner. They also waited too long and the economy tanked before they even hit the market.

The other big problem is that the stadium was filled with Giants first/Jets second fans. All those Giants fans now had the opportunity to buy Giants tickets. If their option was to spend 10K on the Giants or 10K on the Jets it was an easy choice. For the Jets to have been competitive they needed to be cheaper than the Giants. If the option was something like 10K vs 6K for the same seats the Jets would have retained those Giants fans. The Jets should have realized this last year when they could not sell the season out with no PSL.

As I said, ITS ONE THING IF YOU CANT AFFORD IT, its another if you can and you choose not to.

I can afford it and, if not for having the option of moving to the Uppers with no PSL, would not have paid for a PSL.

From a financial standpoint, it makes no sense. Even ignoring the cost of a $5k PSL, you can pay 25% above face ($120) on the secondary market in those sections for all 8 games and it comes out to the same cost as paying face value for the regular season plus the two unwanted preseason games. Having tickets for as long as I have, I can tell you that I have far more frequently had to sell games below face or give them away than sell them for a profit.

The upside is that you have no obligation to find a buyer for games that you cannot or do not want to attend, with the only downside being that you are not guaranteed playoff tickets and will not be sitting in the same seat for every game. Being that they've had 2 home playoff games in the last 20 years and you aren't shelling out thousands for the PSL, you could easily afford to pay double face value for playoff tickets and still be ahead of the game.

The real downside to me with not buying a PSL is that you get screwed on the parking... that's about it.

Every single move that we made since Favre, there are people that always say - Oh Woody's just making these moves to sell PSL's.

I have no issue with an owner trying to make his team better to maximize the value of the team. If they do black out games than those fans who made that argument will be proved right. Only a petty POS would do that.

I can afford it and, if not for having the option of moving to the Uppers with no PSL, would not have paid for a PSL.

From a financial standpoint, it makes no sense. Even ignoring the cost of a $5k PSL, you can pay 25% above face ($120) on the secondary market in those sections for all 8 games and it comes out to the same cost as paying face value for the regular season plus the two unwanted preseason games. Having tickets for as long as I have, I can tell you that I have far more frequently had to sell games below face or give them away than sell them for a profit.

The upside is that you have no obligation to find a buyer for games that you cannot or do not want to attend, with the only downside being that you are not guaranteed playoff tickets and will not be sitting in the same seat for every game. Being that they've had 2 home playoff games in the last 20 years and you aren't shelling out thousands for the PSL, you could easily afford to pay double face value for playoff tickets and still be ahead of the game.

The real downside to me with not buying a PSL is that you get screwed on the parking... that's about it.

You can get parking passes on the secondary market too, no?

Everything else you said, I agree 100%. I'm happy I did season tickets last year and got to see first hand how reselling tickets would go. Like you said, more than likely below face.

Had this year been my first and I had done the whole PSL thing, I wouldn't be nearly as happy with my season tickets as I would have pretended to be.

Well said.

Agree 100%.

lost our seats.greedy bastard wanted $10,000 a seat for 4 seats.$40,000.price would have to drop dramatiacally.no.i take that back.i wouldnt pay a psl.the jets and giants are trying to get their money back on the new stadium in 1 year.selling seat number 1243 to the giant fan and then the jet fan for the same seat

lost our seats.greedy bastard wanted $10,000 a seat for 4 seats.$40,000.price would have to drop dramatiacally.no.i take that back.i wouldnt pay a psl.the jets and giants are trying to get their money back on the new stadium in 1 year.selling seat number 1243 to the giant fan and then the jet fan for the same seat

I understand PSL's is the new thing, and there's not stopping it. BUT the thing that gets me is the fact that you don't get the rights to those seats for every single event that's held there.

It would be a little easier to justify spending that kind of money if you get the right to concerts, special events, and what not.

But they can't because teams share it.

Archived